• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tastiest Snacks at WDW?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
So we went to Tokyo Disneyland earlier this year, and really enjoyed trying their unique and very tasty snacks, and it made me realise our focus in WDW has always been on choosing our full service restaurants, and very little on exploring all the snacking opportunities that are out there.

So, aside from the obvious contenders (I'm thinking dole whips, turkey legs and pretty much anything at the Food & Wine Festival!) what should we make an effort to try out in WDW this Fall because it's an especially tasty snack?

So we went to Tokyo Disneyland earlier this year, and really enjoyed trying their unique and very tasty snacks, and it made me realise our focus in WDW has always been on choosing our full service restaurants, and very little on exploring all the snacking opportunities that are out there.

So, aside from the obvious contenders (I'm thinking dole whips, turkey legs and pretty much anything at the Food & Wine Festival!) what should we make an effort to try out in WDW this Fall because it's an especially tasty snack?

Just the opposite - I prefer the freedom and variety of snacking over sit-down meals. Welcome to this side! :-)

I love most of the caramel apples (CMs generally will tell you the apple pie apple is the best) but my favorite can only be found in AK. It's the monkey-faced one, where oreos make the ears. Staying in AK, the buffalo chicken chips at Trilo Bites (near DinoLand) are pretty good, as is the Smokey Bones chocolate shake there (with bourbon and bacon!)

Also in AK, the ice cream sandwiches as you enter Africa are really, really good - and they're huge!

The chocolate covered pineapple spear (found throughout WDW) is pretty tasty.

Many of the pastries in the boulangerie in France are great, but if in France, get the pressed brioche ice cream sandwich at L’Artisan des Glaces.

Ample Hills creamery at the Boardwalk is amazing. Choose this over Beaches and Cream if you're in that area.

Of course in Norway there is the famous skolebrød (which has become "schoolbread" in Disney fan speak)

The waffle treats at Sleepy Hollow are all pretty good, especially the nutella ones!

In Hollywood Studios, the PB&J shake from 50s Prime Time is great.

Hm...scanning my list I guess it's apparent I have a bit of a sweet tooth!

I second the macaron ice cream sandwich. Although the bakery treats in France are special too. We sometimes get those to go before camping out for illuminations. I also like the sleepy hollow ice cream sandwich. (My kids liked the nutella waffle) My husband loves the caramels and caramel corn in Germany. For salty snacks we sometimes get a pretzel in Germany (or a Mickey pretzel from the carts everywhere!).

Tie dye cheesecake at POP is awesome. I wouldn't make a trip specifically for it but if you're already there...
I enjoyed the cream cheese stuffed pretzel as well. I'm sure they have it other places but ordered it just outside Rock n Roller Coaster in DHS.

My daughter claims we do Hollywood Studios for 2 days so I can get 2 carrot cake cookies. I really love them, when Gwen was little she would eat all the icing and give me back the cake part of the cookie.

The Elephant Ear at Animal Kingdom. I believe it's at Kusafiri as well, but I found it at Isle of Java. They should also have something similar at Les Halles in Epcot. But it's a palmier pastry dipped in dark chocolate. All kinds of yum. One of my favorite finds. Doesn't look like anything special, but wow.

The apple/oatmeal cookie at Karamell Kuche was great. Again, doesn't look like much, but the flavor was really on point.

And if you're ever in Disneyland - the Matterhorn Macaroon. It was beyond good.

Ham and Cheese Croissant at the bakery in France.
Macaroons at the bakery in France of at the bakery in Disney Springs
Chocolate / peanut butter Darth Vader cupcake at Hollywood Studios
Grand Marnier Slush in Epcot [only in France I think]
And...of course Dole Whips [at MK or the quick service at the Poly]

Ham and Cheese Croissant at the bakery in France.
Macaroons at the bakery in France of at the bakery in Disney Springs
Chocolate / peanut butter Darth Vader cupcake at Hollywood Studios
Grand Marnier Slush in Epcot [only in France I think]
And...of course Dole Whips [at MK or the quick service at the Poly]
Does the bakery in France not open until 11:00?

Fresh caramel popcorn at Karamel Kuche in Germany, the fresh cookie ice cream sandwich at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, and actually the plain old regular popcorn lol.

All these answers are making me hungry :flower:

As for my favourite treats, I can’t miss the brioche ice cream sandwich at L’Artisan Des Glaces in Epcot, the pulled pork fries at Flame Tree BBQ in AK, carrot cake cookie in DHS, and the fruit & Nutella waffle at Sleepy Hollow in MK. Yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter