Tastings

WINTER

DIS Veteran
what are the chances of opening new tastings availability on embarkation day?

It definitely happens/more availability opens up. I was successful on my Alaska cruise by checking my app as soon as I was on ship Wifi. Booked a couple extra tastings right from Cabanas before we even sailed away!

Several of the tastings on my March cruise had no-shows. I wonder if you could ever show up to a sold-out tasting and be able to sign up on the spot to fill an empty seat.

Several of the tastings on my March cruise had no-shows. I wonder if you could ever show up to a sold-out tasting and be able to sign up on the spot to fill an empty seat.
I have managed to do this once when a friend was going to the tasting anyway and I thought there was no harm to go ask. They did have no shows and I managed to be added and charged there at the time.

That said, in my Rum tasting on the Wish last year I showed up about a minute late as couldn't work out how to get in (it was in Marceline Market which was closed and the door looked closed so I had to go find a Cast member in the sweet shop to come and let me in) and they questioned if I had booked as all the booked seats were already full. I had booked and had confirmation in the app so they ended up sorting out another tasting set but I would assume someone just tagged along and got a free tasting or they couldn't count on that day as I was def booked. If you do tag along to fill a no-show then you def should expect to pay.

I have had success both ways. When my in-laws had booked a cruise separately from me, and I joined at the last minute, I was able to be added to their tasting right when we got on board.

During another cruise, we weren’t able to get availability when we got on the ship, but they said to go and talk to the bartender right when it opened, and they were able to accommodate an extra person (in 2019). And yes, we definitely paid!

Do the tequila tasting Cava de Tequila you'll be sounding like #sourshoes before its over. :drinking1

We have booked one on the app in the port terminal. They have also added ones that you could sign up for in person on the ship.

So - NEW Tastings will not become available or scheduled. Current tastings will usually open up a few spots on embarkation day. Also, can go at that time and if someone no shows they can def accommodate you or add an extra spot if the bartender wants to.

So - NEW Tastings will not become available or scheduled. Current tastings will usually open up a few spots on embarkation day. Also, can go at that time and if someone no shows they can def accommodate you or add an extra spot if the bartender wants to.
I have definitely seen new tasting added after online booking. One cruise I was on added so many chocolate and liquors that Palo was running low on parm.

Another one that is often added after booking is the mojito tasting on castaway cay day

I have definitely seen new tasting added after online booking. One cruise I was on added so many chocolate and liquors that Palo was running low on parm.

Another one that is often added after booking is the mojito tasting on castaway cay day
Thanks. I did not know this and have never seen them added that I recalled so appreciate the info.

I have definitely seen new tasting added after online booking.
Yes, they definitely do add new ones. We booked a cognac one on one of our cruises that hadn't been listed at all prior to the cruise. We checked at Guest Services when we boarded and we asked if there was anything new. Another time we went to whatever bar it was that you went to for signing up on the first day and there was an Amari and Mojito tasting listed. We didn't sign up for the Amari (waited for another cruise to do that) and the Mojito one was full but they definitely hadn't been available prior to the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter