Taxes/Port Fees change price after final payment due?

jessicadisneygirl

Always planning the next trip!
My Fantasy sailing is in less than two weeks and I just noticed on the app that my final balance due shows a refund owed of just over $30. In looking back at my original booking confirmation and the receipts from my payments, I discovered that some time after I made my final payment the amount charged for taxes and port fees was reduced. Has this happened to anyone before? Will they apply it to my onboard balance or will I just get a refund at some point? Nothing has changed about the ports our cruise is visiting, so I’m not sure why the fees changed after booking.

We just had it happen, got a $25.00 credit that showed up on our card right before our WISH cruise.

Yeah, we just got $22-something back for this week's MDAS. I bet they overestimate and refund rather than having to do the inverse, so we all stay happy.

Yeah, we just got $22-something back for this week's MDAS. I bet they overestimate and refund rather than having to do the inverse, so we all stay happy.
Are you on the January 7th cruise? We are also!

It’s not unusual. It’s usually refunded back to the original form of payment, but sometimes they’ll put it as a credit to your onboard account.

Is that automatically done or do you have to request a refund? I noticed the port fees/taxes are currently cheaper online for new reservations than I paid for an upcoming cruise and was going to call to ask about getting a refund but maybe I don’t need to call?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter