Taxi rides in Copenhagen

MinnesotaMouseketeers

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been to Copenhagen recently enough and taken a taxi to know the approximate cost for a 20-25 minute ride?

We are staying there for three nights before boarding the Magic; and from the airport to our Airbnb and from our Airbnb to the cruise port it's about 20 to 25 minutes for both rides.

There is supposed to be a train just one block from where we are staying and we could possibly take that for all of our needs. But I really don't want to be lugging all of our luggage around for either if it's only going to save me a few bucks vs loading them up in the trunk and taking a taxi.

And does anyone know how easy it is to get from the terminal to the train and the distance the train is to the cruise port?

Edited to add: this would be cost of taxi vs purchasing the Copenhagen card for three people to use for transit.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
I’m not sure how recent you want? We were there last summer and stayed close the main station. It’s a 22 min ride to the port according to google maps. We paid about 250kr. We got a taxi back to the station after the cruise for slightly more. We then got the train back to the airport.

It has been a few years (2015) and I don't recall the taxi cost from our hotel near the airport to the terminal but it wasn't that pricy. The bonus on the taxi to the port was our drive actually asked if we had seen the royal palace grounds and drove us right through to take a look. Otherwise we took the train for our other site seeing.

We were there a few years ago and took a large van from hotel across from tivoli garden to ship because we had 7 of us plus a mountain of luggage. It was a few hundred Kroner which didn’t seem bad given the logistics of getting us all there. Considering the cost of the cruise it never occurred to me to worry about the cost of a taxi.

I haven't actually travelled in Copenhagen, but I recently inquired about the cost of what could be a 25 min ride...quote given was 300kr.

I was trying to compare that to a private transfer and a taxi is less than 1/3 of the cost of a private car service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter