• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taxi/Rideshare Drop Off

gardengirl2790

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I know I cannot get dropped off at the GCH, but can I get dropped at the DLH when using a taxi or rideshare if I’m not staying at the hotel? I’m meeting someone there, then going to the parks. TIA 😊

Just a follow up question...we are staying off site and doing downtown disney for an evening before we check in to GCH. Where is the best uber drop off area? Or is there only one?

Why can't you get dropped off at the GCH?

EDIT: I just called the GCH and they have no problem with taxi's or Uber dropping people off at the front door.

Last edited:
Sorry, not checking in to GCH until the next day. Just wanted to know about uber drop off when staying off site.

Yes, they don't mind you getting dropped off there just to visit DTD and from what I can tell, that would be the shortest walk for you.

Just a follow up question...we are staying off site and doing downtown disney for an evening before we check in to GCH. Where is the best uber drop off area? Or is there only one?
There is a DTD drop off for Uber/Lyft. It is located just south of the Lilo lot, before you get to the DLH. It is short walk (1-2 minutes) to the DTD bag check and/or the DLH bag check. We have had reports of people not being able to be dropped off at the GCH if they were not current guests or did not have a TS reservation -- YMMV with this. Most non-guests choose to be dropped off at the DTD drop off or at the PPH (no problems reported with being dropped off there, guests or non-guests).

Last edited:
I was there last week and Lyfted to GCH. Before we entered the gates, they asked us what we were there for---we had reservations for Napa Rose and they let us in.
All other days getting to the parks, we'd go to the Harbor Blvd drop-off and pick-up zone. No problem at all :)

I was there last week and Lyfted to GCH. Before we entered the gates, they asked us what we were there for---we had reservations for Napa Rose and they let us in...
Yes, having a TS reservation at the GCH counts the same as having a room key -- i.e. you have a valid reason for being dropped off at the front of the hotel. Most people have found that "I'm not a guest, but just want to use the hotel as a short cut" usually does not count as a valid reason for being dropped off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter