TDL and TDS rides with Single Rider lines?

mlozam

Earning My Ears
To maximize our time at the parks, may I please know which rides in TDL and TDS have Single Rider lines?

Thank you.

Basically, Splash Mountain, Raging Spirits. and the Indiana Jones Adventure...

Single rider is not always in place, and it is unadvertised at the attraction. You'll need to ask at the FP entrance.

You can't count on Raging Spirits. I have also heard about single rider for 20,000 Leagues, but my experience is the only likely ones are Indiana Jones and Splash Mountain.

How do you ask if there is a Single Rider line in Japanese? :-)

The TDR CMs are all fluent in English--you won't have any trouble communicating with them, although the "finger in a #1 sign" idea is a good one!

The TDR CMs are all fluent in English--you won't have any trouble communicating with them

While most CMs at TDR may speak a little English and many may be quite capable, based on experience I don't think it's accurate to assert that they are "all fluent".

The TDR CMs are all fluent in English--you won't have any trouble communicating with them, although the "finger in a #1 sign" idea is a good one!

This is definitely not my experience. If you run into someone in japan who is 'fluent' then consider yourself very lucky. beyond a few predictable requests, expect people to not understand and be happy if they do.

This is definitely not my experience. If you run into someone in japan who is 'fluent' then consider yourself very lucky. beyond a few predictable requests, expect people to not understand and be happy if they do.

I agree with Shelemm, the cast will try their hardest and there are some cast members that are great at English but it's not the majority, they will find someone who does speak English though if you have a little time to wait. I find if you use a little Japanese they will go into full Japanese explanation mode so it's better to stick with English when making a request or asking a question. Holding up one finger and asking for single rider is the best way. Single riders enter through the FP queue so it's best to ask the cast member at that queue entrance. Also as others have said, the single rider option is not always available so please be aware.

Anyone bothering to travel halfway around the world should try to pick up some language skills. It's easy and fun. Buy a pocket translation book (Lonely Planet, Berlitz, etc.) and look at it on the plane ride over. Look up hello, thank you, please. where is the bathroom, simple handy phrases you know you will be able to use. Write down the the phrases in one handy place (like the inside front or back cover). Writing them down will help you learn them.

Whenever you leave your hotel, take the hotel's business card with you with the address in japanese. that way, you can always show it to someone, like a cabdriver and get back to your hotel.

I agree that it's good to know at least the basics but if you start out in Japanese at least at TDR it is more trouble than if you start off in English. By all means at the end it's good to say thank you in Japanese in the end but I feel it saves a lot of time if your language skills are not strong.

You can go on almost any travel forum in the world and they will say the same thing: it's polite to use some introductory words in the host language. Just starting off speakng English at people is considered rude throughout the world.

Plus, you can do that when you're home, this is your chance to do something different!

And it doesn't really hurt to try. For example, asking where the bathroom is in another language does not result in a complicated conversation - just a nice smile and pointing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter