• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

teacher rates @ swan for nov

disneybabe14x

Earning My Ears
Has anyone gotten a teacher rate at the Swan or Dolphin for November 10th through the 13th? This is teacher's convention weekend in New Jersey, so do you think they didn't offer any? My mom is a teacher and she has gotten discounts as cheap as 99$ ( :earseek: ), and we checked all of the websites (the Dis, dreams unlimited, spg.com, swandolphin.com), and the lowest rate we found was 249. If anyone can be of any help, that would be wonderful!! :goodvibes

I have heard others say they had to call to get the teacher/nurse rates.
hth

We got 8 days at the Teacher's Rate @ Swan during the dreaded Jersey Week 3 years ago, and for good measure, it was also SuperSoap Weekend and the last week of the Epcot Food & Wine fest. Since March of 2004, however, I've yet to see a complete week at the rate at Swan or Dolphin. This Jan. 1 - 10, reportedly a very slow time, we got the first 3 days at Swan and the last 3 at Dolphin but the middle 2 never came up with the rate so we hit AllStar Movie for those two. Also, we got Swan through DU and Dolphin on SPG.COM. I think the powers that be have settled on the strategy of only offering so many days in a 7 day span at the rate of $149 or so and the restof them at $269 or so, or even more. They're counting on those of us used to the rate to break down and pony up the $$ for the other days at the higher rate.Based on our three resort hop in Jan. I'm not inclined to split a stay unless it's Swan to Dolphin or vice versa so I'm thinking we'll do a Moderate in March of 2006, but I'll keep trying S/D. I'm a shot and a beer kind of guy, but 4 stays at S/D have definately given us some champaign tastes. I agree with the poster who said to call all the sources, DU, Starwood and the hotels themselves.

Bill From PA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter