Teaching and Disney

bluejays

Driving the Monorail
I am going to be teaching a fourth grade classroom, and something I would like to do is incorporate Disney into lessons as much as possible. Does anyone have any fond memories of Disney in the classroom, or, if there are any fellow teachers, have you used Disney at all in your lessons?

I'm not a teacher yet but have known two teachers who have incorporated Disney into their classrooms. All of their decor was Disney theamed, im not sure how they incorporated Disney into their lessons but i know that they were big disney fans so im sure they did use it in their lessons, if you want i can talk to them and ask them, let me know. Hope this helps

Laura

If it's not too much trouble, it would be great to hear what they did. It's good to hear about others using Disney to make lessons more enjoyable for the kids.

You could use the park maps to teach them how to read and understand a map and it's key. Then have them write a story about what a day in that park would be like for them- i.e. who they would take, what they would do first, where would they want to eat, which rides would they skip.

Also, you could find a Disney movie, have them watch portions of it, and have them point out/write down where they saw someone using math/science/history etc. Then ask them what each one did- Say if Pooh was trying to count honey pots, ask them how many pots he had and then turn it into a math problem. Or for science, Lilo & Stitch is good for that, at least in the beginning.

There's more, we talked about it in one of my classes actually, but I can't remember them all, so I'll try and find my notebook sometime this week to see if I have them written down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter