TEAM 5: HERC'S HEROES - October Miles and Hours Post Here!

Hey team,

My report for the week of 10/19 - 10/26:

8.5 miles at 2:02:00
TOT race--8.1 miles at 1:47:49

I'm loving the cooler weather! I hope it's like this in January.

We got a treadmill this weekend. I used it for the first time yesterday. I kept messing up what I was setting it on and had to keep stopping and starting. I worked out for 40 minutes total and on mileage I'll guess at 3 miles. I think its about right.

Allyson

Hi Heroes, I'm sending you a new team mate, please welcome JackTraveler. He is training for some up coming marathons.

Visiting Panda

I'm a she, but that's okay, easy mistake to make. :) I haven't run yet this week, but I'll post at the end of the week how I did. Everyone else looks great!

October hours (thru 10/27):

59.9 miles - 86.1 including double miles for marathon
1387 minutes

I've been in a bit of a slump since the marathon - not so motivated to go running now that it's getting cold and dark earlier and the fact that I don't have anything to train for. Any similar experiences? I am starting to take spin classes again so I don't lose all of the benefits from training.

I did another 90 minutes of shoveling.

The wedding chaos has passed. The bride is married and off on her Disneymoon. My feet are still recovering from the evil heels. Note to self: if I ever get married, have the whole thing be 'shoes optional'

1.6 mi today in 15:34 so a 9:38 pace, I usually run a sub 9. That's pretty slow for me, so I'm irritated with that. But the wind was almost to 30 mph. It was miserable out there! And cold. I hate the cold.
PRT tomorrow. :guilty: Wish me luck.

On the treadmill this afternoon. Still not sure how much I really like it but it is a lot warmer than being outside!
Anyway, I feel like I'm faster when I run outside, is this normal?

36 minutes/2.6 miles

Allyson

Allyson - I run really slowly on treadmills, outdoors is much better for me. I think it's not very normal though. Haha

Here was today for me:
1.5 mi in 13:15, 48 pushups, and 88 situps.
3 mi in 34:27, here's how it looks together:
Today: 4.5/4.5 (49:42)
Weekly: 6.1/12
Tomorrow: 1.5 m Run

Am I still welcome here? :scared: I joined back in February/March with the best of intentions and quickly disappeared. :sad1: I'm so sorry. My job is crazy from March-November. Could I please come back? Please?

I'm training for the big half marathon in January and would love to be part of the group.

If not I completely understand and will have no ill will...I did this to myself.

Whistle Pig

Of course you can come back Whistle Pig!

By the way, welcome JackTraveller!

Thanks for having me back!

10/29: 4 miles 90minutes
10/30: 3 miles 60 minutes

Just getting back into the swing of things.:woohoo:

Thanks for the welcome, Leana!

Ugh ate too much candy tonight. :( And I ran too slow today.
Here's today:
STATS as of 30OCT2008:
Today: 1.6/1.5 (16:10)
Week: 7.7/12 (1:21:26)
Tomorrow: Rest!

Lola

Just did my furthest ever, 6 miles, with my neighbor. Cold out there, gosh I hate cold.

6 miles/1:22 minutes

I'll tally my week this afternoon for you and post it.

Allyson

For Halloween week -

12.95 miles / 2:21:06
+
warmups & cooldowns
1.50 miles / 30:00
=
14.45 miles / 2:51:06

Just completed my 13 week "starting all over" program this morning and ran my first 10K since my surgery and knee injury!!! :woohoo:
Ran it in 1:07:44, average pace was 10:55. As long as I'm under 11:00 I'm happy! :yay: Hopefully I'll be able to beat my Gobble Jog 10K time from last year after all. (Fingers crossed...) Sunday starts my half marathon training. I'll jump into week 6 of 15.

I'm trying not to think about having to start all over AGAIN after my next surgery in late January, this has been a real mental challenge for me! :scared:

Hope everyone has a fun Halloween! :goodvibes

I too have been very bad about posting my miles/times.:guilty: I have kept track though so here we go.

Week of 8/15-8/21: 27 miles, 11.5 hours
Week of 8/22-8/30: 32 miles, 10 hours

September: 45 miles, 14 hours (includes EE Challenge:goodvibes )

October: 52 miles, 16 hours( includes Detroit 1/2 Marathon:thumbsup2 )

I hope to keep up with posting for our last two months.:rolleyes:

Hello Heroes:flower3:

Your Captain needs a hand with keeping the scores posted would someone like to volunteer to be co-captain? The pay is excellent and it comes with a date with Brad Pitt and a vacation is CocoMo.:cloud9:

Ok so maybe I was a little confused about the fringe benefits but your captain does need a hand just let her or me know if you would like to help.

Visiting Panda:hippie:

Hey team, I did some updating of the spreadsheet. I've been pretty swamped at work so unless you posted a month end or week end summary/total for me I didn't go through the posts to add numbers up for people.

If you see that I'm missing numbers for you could you please let me know what your totals are? Then I'll update the sheet. You can see the spreadsheet here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=ppYit0DjqjVcAhKsgnZ6hOA&hl=en

Also, would anybody be willing to help out and become a co-captain? Work is just getting busier from here to the end of the year and I'm just not spending that much time on the boards right now. Sorry :( but any help would be appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter