Team Focker Watch: Lucky Number 13!

Kristel- Many hugs and prayers for you! :hug: I can't get you off my mind. I'm so sorry...

Dawn- You are such a strong momma! Enjoy your time home with your guy. You've been faced with a lot of touch decisons. I envy your strength! :hug:

Rosie- Have you heard ANYTHING? I'm worried about you... :hug:

It's cold here... so if you are east of us in our "stream" WATCH OUT!

Current temp...

WITH SUN OUT...

-21 baby!

Thanks again to Jodi for all the info and organization. :hug:

Snow day. Again. So out of the last two weeks, we had a snow day last Wed., a half-day on Friday (scheduled), Monday off, Tuesday snow day, 2-hr. delay Wed., all day Thursday, no school today. :( In the last two weeks we've had more snow days than all of last year.

I know I can't compare to TE, though, so I'll hush now. :rotfl:

So, no basketball practice tonight, either, but we should be OK for the game tomorrow. This storm is supposed to go through by the "evening commute". This is good - I can make a run for adult beverages. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Hope everyone's having a good Friday. :hug:

Thanks again to Jodi for all the info and organization. :hug:

Snow day. Again. So out of the last two weeks, we had a snow day last Wed., a half-day on Friday (scheduled), Monday off, Tuesday snow day, 2-hr. delay Wed., all day Thursday, no school today. :( In the last two weeks we've had more snow days than all of last year.

We've missed 6 days of school, which NEVER happens here. THey just sent out the makeup schedule and they are only making up 4 of the 6 days.

We've missed 6 days of school, which NEVER happens here. THey just sent out the makeup schedule and they are only making up 4 of the 6 days.

Truthfully, it was a HUGE anomaly to only have 2 snow days last year - and one of those was actually a flooding issue, rather than snow. However, I'd like to stick to less than five in the end, and it's probably not going to happen, considering it's still mid-January. Sigh. As it is now, because of this week, we're in school 'til after Father's Day again. :sad2:

We have to make up all days, unless the governor does something (as he did in 2008, when the ice storm created major problems in December, then we had a ton of snow after the holidays as well...)

We've only had one snow day so far here in Indy. Some of the more rural schools have had a lot more though. It didn't start snowing here until after 6am yesterday, so they didn't cancel school. And since it stopped by evening, the roads were fine this morning too. We've just been lucky with the timing of the storms so far, considering we've already surpassed the normal snowfall for the entire season here in Indy and it's only mid-January! We did have a 2 hour delay today due to below zero windchills. Our busses don't have engine block heaters and they don't like to start when it's this cold out!

But, the girls are in school and I'm headed over there to volunteer soon. I ordered the flowers this morning for Kristel and signed the card "Your Friends from the Disboards and Enchanted." I got a nice arrangement and will send the rest of the money to the IU Simon Cancer Center like the family requested.

Hope everyone has a great day!

I'm so thankful we have no snow! There's snow in Memphis, but my parents are here so they are not dealing with it either.

We took Reid to DHS yesterday which he absolutely loved! His favourite was the Playhouse Disney show. Oh how I love him because that is so annoying to me. ;) I am so glad I got him an AP and can take him whenever I want. :goodvibes

Since it's raining today, my parents and I are going to see The King's Speech. The last movie I saw was something with Reid, so I'm looking forward to it. :rotfl2:

Mitch will be home next weekend for 10 days. I'm excited, but a little nervous. Last night I dreamt he came home and made the house an absolute mess. I was so mad but trying not to say anything. Hopefully that will not be the case!

I have been thinking a lot about Kristel. My heart aches for her and cannot imagine what she's going through. Puts a lot of things into perspective. :hug:

:yay: And have fun!

Current temp...

WITH SUN OUT...

-21 baby!

That's heading ur way tomorrow. :sad2:

Yike! Jimmy'slast day as of now is June 17th. I think that is why they are doin the delay hing mor than cncelling, then they don't have t make the days up:confused3

CE said:
I can make a run for adult beverages.

Priorities:thumbsup2

That's good! You guys have gotten alot more snow than nomal. Do th kids love it?

due to below zero windchills. Our busses don't have engine block heaters and they don't like to start when it's this cold out!

I don't mind the cold, but the wind :scared:

Jodi said:
. I ordered the flowers this morning for Kristel and signed the card "Your Friends from the Disboards and Enchanted." I got a nice arrangement and will send the rest of the money to the IU Simon Cancer Center like the family requested.
!

Thanks!:goodvibes

We took Reid to DHS yesterday which he absolutely loved! His favourite was the Playhouse Disney show. Oh how I love him because that is so annoying to me. ;) I am so glad I got him an AP and can take him whenever I want. :goodvibes

What's gonna work...team work!;)

Mitch will be home next weekend for 10 days. I'm excited, but a little nervous. Last night I dreamt he came home and made the house an absolute mess. I was so mad but trying not to say anything. Hopefully that will not be the case! [/QUOTE}

:yay::woohoo: And I'm sure it won't be:hug:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey all. Another 2 hour school delay for us. For no reason, less than 2 inches of snow :sad2:

I was suppos to go to a meeting at 10:00, but couldn't drop Jimmy at school until 10:10, so I just called out on a vacaton day.

We are going the Phantoms game tonight with the scouts, so that should be fun. Other than that, the highs are not getting over 20 so we will be in all weekend!:thumbsup2

Hopeyou ll have a good one and Kristel I will be thinking of you:hug::hug::hug:

:rotfl2: Surely not. ;)

We've only had one snow day so far here in Indy. Some of the more rural schools have had a lot more though. It didn't start snowing here until after 6am yesterday, so they didn't cancel school. And since it stopped by evening, the roads were fine this morning too. We've just been lucky with the timing of the storms so far, considering we've already surpassed the normal snowfall for the entire season here in Indy and it's only mid-January! We did have a 2 hour delay today due to below zero windchills. Our busses don't have engine block heaters and they don't like to start when it's this cold out!

Yeah, we do the delays, too, if possible, but today the snow didn't start coming down heavy until 6:00 a.m. That makes it hard to get the kids in - it's stopped now and between D snowblowing and me shoveling, I think I'm going out soon. :) But we probably would have been fine if the snow had started at midnight and ended at 5:00 - it was the starting at 6:00 and ending at 1:00 p.m. that killed our day.

Ooops, meant to quote Janet, too. But yes, priorities are priorities. ;) I do need eggs and orange juice, too, though. ;)

OK, gross story... My kids were playing with the neighbor and had come in to warm up and have lunch. The dog had had some issues yesterday with his digestive system, apparently, but had been fine whilst D and the boys were at ski club and so forth.

Anyway, I decided to feed all 3 kids and had nuggets in the oven and water boiling for pasta for Buzz, and the dog started really, really whining. I told him he had to wait just a minute, so that I wouldn't burn food. As soon as I pulled stuff out, I asked them to get their own drinks and condiments and stuff, as I really needed to take the dog. But, sadly, when I got into the front room by the door, it was too late. And it was gross. And, well, we were talking about a new rug in there anyway, which is good. BLECH. :sick: Nasty. And I'm feeling stupid, because I know it was my own fault, a bit.

Ugh, and now he's whining again. Yikes. Be back later. Sorry for the TMI. :upsidedow

Kristel- Many hugs and prayers for you! :hug: I can't get you off my mind. I'm so sorry...

Dawn- You are such a strong momma! Enjoy your time home with your guy. You've been faced with a lot of touch decisons. I envy your strength! :hug:

Rosie- Have you heard ANYTHING? I'm worried about you... :hug:

Current temp...

WITH SUN OUT...

-21 baby!

No word yet !!I will call on Monday as they said 1 or 2 days soo the Doctor may not have reviewed the results yet !!!

Kristel - my prayers and thoughts are with you today

Rosie - prayers for you that you get positive news

Everyone else - I read but just too much to remember sorry.

+++++++++++++++++
I have had a couple of busy days. I watched 6 kids yesterday.:scared1: Crystal has strep again and my other DGS was sick and his parents had dental appts. I have really had it with the dr. and my DD. I got to the office with Crystal since DD was working a double to find out her insurance (state) lapsed. The state never notified her AGAIN! Even though they qualify because Mikey is special needs whatever he is has decided to add them to his insurance, FINALLY. :woohoo: The dr spent a minute with us and says its a virus but we'll swab anyway. Yeah, positive for strep. The second in 3 months.

Jim knew I was wiped out so we went out to dinner at a place we have always liked. I had the WORST experience ever. It took 45 minutes for our steaks to make it to the table and they were both cooked wrong. :confused3 I used the facilities and they were disgusting and no paper towels. :scared1: I actually took a book out to read at the table the service was so slow. People seated a 1/2 hour after us were done their meals before we even got ours. I complained to the manager because it was warranted. I wasn't looking for anything but she was really nice and comped my meal and gave me a new one to go. She also gave us a voucher for a free meal for 2 for another visit. I waitressed my way through college so I know every place has a bad day. We still gave the waitress a nice tip because she did go out of her way to try and make up for everything on her end.

To add to everything I was putting the laundry away and realized a favorite sweater is missing. We have a ghost or poltergeist or something like that in the house. I lost my favorite blazer a few years ago. Put it on a chair and it was missing the next day, I still haven't found it. I looked in my room, the bathroom, the car (I do my laundry at my DD's since I'm there anyway), under the bed the sweater is nowhere to be found. I would rather have a ghost that just turns on a flashlight like Lessa. This ghost likes to move things. I was writing a paper once and went to the bathroom. When I cam back to my room all of my notes were missing. We searched for an hour and couldn't find them (Jim and I looked). All of a sudden they were right there on the bed, not where I left them, and partially hidden. It's a fun ghost. :eek:

Well for once I actually had something happen in my week. I watch the kids and go home. I lead a boring life. Hope everyone has a great saturday.

Highly recommend The King's Speech if you haven't seen it yet. Kat, I'm sure you have as you're the queen of movies.:thumbsup2 My dad thought it was a chick flick :confused3, so he went to see The Green Hornet. All special effects and not much story which is ok.

My parents put an offer on the house across from my sister. Not sure how I feel about that except I'll never have to go to Memphis again. My aunt and the neighbour have been staying with my grandmother whilst my mom is out of town. They have finally decided my g'mom can't stay by herself. Really, at 98 years of age?! My mom thinks they will move the hospital bed and potty chair into my mother's living room and still keep my grandmother's apartment for the time being. They won't move here with my grandmother as it would be too much for her which makes total sense. My parents can't seem to wrap their head around buying a house and not moving into it right away. Their current house is paid off, so at least they won't have two mortgages but can take advantage of the current housing prices.

My parents put an offer on the house across from my sister. Not sure how I feel about that except I'll never have to go to Memphis again. My aunt and the neighbour have been staying with my grandmother whilst my mom is out of town. They have finally decided my g'mom can't stay by herself. Really, at 98 years of age?! My mom thinks they will move the hospital bed and potty chair into my mother's living room and still keep my grandmother's apartment for the time being. They won't move here with my grandmother as it would be too much for her which makes total sense. My parents can't seem to wrap their head around buying a house and not moving into it right away. Their current house is paid off, so at least they won't have two mortgages but can take advantage of the current housing prices.

My parents did that when they bought their house down there Angela. They bought it, but didn't really move into for over a year! It was weird for them too:goodvibes
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey all! Happy Sunday. It is 21 degrees, Wind Chill of 7. Tomorrow the high is going to be 19, then more snow on Tuesday:headache:

Been a quiet day today. Jim went and did the shopping and I finished the last load of laundry. Jimmy has a friend here for a playdate. They are playing Wii Star Wars.

I am making an herb encrusted roast for dinner with some Au Gratin potatoes (not from scratch:rolleyes:) and carrots. Tomorrow is back to work and school and then Jimmy has a therapist appointment.

I think I forgot to mention to you guys. I got a phone call from my cousin. Her brother has been diagnosed with terminal cancer:guilty: He has no job and no health insurance so on March 25th they are having a beef and beer to help raise some money for that. That pretty much filled up our weekend between the end of February and all of March now.

Hope you are all having a great weekend:goodvibes

Hi guys! I hope you don't mind if I lurk around your thread :tiptoe: Everywhere I go on here I hear about Team Focker......really had me baffled! hehehe, not that its hard to baffle me! :confused3

:

That's good! You guys have gotten alot more snow than nomal. Do th kids love it?
We never get this much snow. The kids liked the first 3 days, then they were over it. I liked it the first hour. We did have fun sledding.

I think I forgot to mention to you guys. I got a phone call from my cousin. Her brother has been diagnosed with terminal cancer:guilty: He has no job and no health insurance so on March 25th they are having a beef and beer to help raise some money for that. That pretty much filled up our weekend between the end of February and all of March now.

Hope you are all having a great weekend:goodvibes
So sad to hear.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter