• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tech support

I can't tell you how happy I am that I found this thread! Gives me hope that since the IT department was able to fix BenandMorgsMom issue there is still hope for my situation....

Logged in and found I was eligible to select MagicBands & FP+ back in Aug (trip is 10/20-25) The three of us (DM, DB & Self) are all DVC members and PAP holders - exp. 11/24/13.

Both DM & DB accounts are managed my me on the MyDisneyExperience. I had previously linked our PAPs but noticed now that DB and my PAP say they expire on 6/21/13 :rolleyes2 .... I did call to confirm that the PAPs loaded on the MBs were not going to give us problems and say they expired at the turnstile. They have been confirmed. However, with a driver's license this is an easy(?) fix since they can be replaced.

However, in the system the exp date has not been fixed, which means I can get FP+ for DM, but I'm not able to assign them to DB or me!??!
I did confirm they were FAMILY as maybe it was the same issue that rnorwo1 was having. I've been calling to try and get the issue resolved and was told 2 weeks, then told 4 weeks for something like this... now we are on 5+ weeks and we are only 23 days before we arrive.

Oh wait.... I was just logged in (to see how many days until my vacation) and it looks like it got fixed!!! The exp date for DB and mine now says 11/24/13!!! :cool1: Sorry. Must go see if I can get the FP+ copied over to DB and myself before something else happens... I'll let you know how it goes.

My situation has been resolved. I changed the shipping address to my work address yesterday, and the bands magically (finally!) shipped out last night and arrived today.

My situation has been resolved. I changed the shipping address to my work address yesterday, and the bands magically (finally!) shipped out last night and arrived today.

So glad your bands came! Have a great trip!!

I can't tell you how happy I am that I found this thread! Gives me hope that since the IT department was able to fix BenandMorgsMom issue there is still hope for my situation....

Logged in and found I was eligible to select MagicBands & FP+ back in Aug (trip is 10/20-25) The three of us (DM, DB & Self) are all DVC members and PAP holders - exp. 11/24/13.

Both DM & DB accounts are managed my me on the MyDisneyExperience. I had previously linked our PAPs but noticed now that DB and my PAP say they expire on 6/21/13 :rolleyes2 .... I did call to confirm that the PAPs loaded on the MBs were not going to give us problems and say they expired at the turnstile. They have been confirmed. However, with a driver's license this is an easy(?) fix since they can be replaced.

However, in the system the exp date has not been fixed, which means I can get FP+ for DM, but I'm not able to assign them to DB or me!??!
I did confirm they were FAMILY as maybe it was the same issue that rnorwo1 was having. I've been calling to try and get the issue resolved and was told 2 weeks, then told 4 weeks for something like this... now we are on 5+ weeks and we are only 23 days before we arrive.

Oh wait.... I was just logged in (to see how many days until my vacation) and it looks like it got fixed!!! The exp date for DB and mine now says 11/24/13!!! :cool1: Sorry. Must go see if I can get the FP+ copied over to DB and myself before something else happens... I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck!

I'm mentally telling myself that it's going to be a long fix for my issue. And that I will have a great trip no matter what! Although the planner inside me is struggling with that mindset ;)

1) Maybe I am missing something.
2) FP+ is still in testing.
3) By its nature, that means "not ready for Prime Time".
4) So, people may to may not get the FP+ due to debugging.
5) Thus, if they don't, there should not be concerns or complaints.
6) Or, am I wrong?

if 1 through six are correct then so is:
7) it's never ok to repeatedly give your customers WRONG information about when you might or might not "fix" something. If becasue of 1-6 you will not be fixing it then just say so.

How about " I'm sorry sir/maim but we are still in a testing period. As such, unfortunately, there will be some small portion of folks, like yourself, that we just are not able to accommodate. Please rest assured that we will keep trying to fix your issue right up until the moment you check in, even if we don't communicate with your further. But it is possible we may not be able to fix the issue for you in time for this visit. If so, please rest assured that our current fast pass system will continue to work for you just as it always has in the past". They can feel free to use all or part of my words.

Maybe even throw in some Disney magic - "as a token of our appreciation for your understanding please let me mail you a set of paper fastpasses good for any one ride at any one time during your stay"

At worst dont just keep saying 3 hours, 3 days, 3 weeks, whatever to get people off the phone.

read the billion threads here- there is a huge pattern of not getting back to people or fixing their issue at the time/day promised. THAT is the problem.

If they dont know, say so. If they wont be fixing then say so.

its bad form to regularly be giving so much wrong information.

I am sorry to have missed out on a BOG FP which is what I really wanted but it s a no go too :sad:[/QUOTE]

You might still be able to get the BOG. It is a separate system with its own website. If you get an error message try a different Disney login or create a new one.

You will not be able to see the other FP system until the link is fixed, but if you know what FP you want the CM at the IT help desk might be able to make them for you.

I do find it crazy that they continue to roll out testing to more resorts when they have such a huge backlog of issues to fix.

Tammy

I'm anxiously waiting to see if your issue is resolved. Please let us know...

Good luck!

I'm mentally telling myself that it's going to be a long fix for my issue. And that I will have a great trip no matter what! Although the planner inside me is struggling with that mindset ;)

I'm right there with you! I'm a huge planner, the question I'm often asked by my travel partners is "Did you schedule bathroom breaks?" :rotfl2:

I'm anxiously waiting to see if your issue is resolved. Please let us know...

Uggh... it is not.... I guess I "forgot" that on the Reservations "tickets and passes" it always showed November 24, 2013....
DVC Premium Annual Pass Promo - New
Expires: November 24, 2013
View Additional Details

when I click on View Additional Details, that is where is shows it (expired)
Expired Ticket
This ticket expired on Friday June 21, 2013

I've documented the process...
On 8/26 I got a response from Tech support confirming that my expiration dates are correct in the system:

Dear Christina,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We have confirmed the correct expiration of your Annual Premium Passes
as being in November. Please call our Internet Help Desk with further
assistance with your My Disney Experience® account and your FastPass®+
selections at 407-939-7765.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Spoke with Abigal on 8/27 @ 10a… she experienced and saw what I was referring too by logging in as me in the My Disney Experience program.
She confirmed my contact information and will have the “fixit” team take a look at my files and get back to me in about a week.

Spoke with Kealy on 9/5 @ 1:10p… she sees the ticket and the information. Tells me that issues with tickets are taking about 2 weeks to resolve. She confirms that they will email/call me when the issue is resolved. I thank her, and state I will call back in a week.

I've not tried to phone them again hoping that "patience will prevail".

On another thread I read that perhaps if the issue is not resolved that the resort concierge may be able to assist and apply the FP+ to DB and my experiences. But I'd rather not wait until that point, as TheRustyScupper says it is in testing phase and I get that.

Perhaps I will try and remove my PAP from the My Experience, and re-add them to see if it "refreshes" the system and corrects the glitch. I will surely leave DMs alone since that already has all the FP+ assignments.

Please let me know if you've had success... Next week I will try and call Tech Support again and see if there is any progress. Do you think it would be okay at that time to ask for a supervisor?

I'm right there with you! I'm a huge planner, the question I'm often asked by my travel partners is "Did you schedule bathroom breaks?" :rotfl2:

Uggh... it is not.... I guess I "forgot" that on the Reservations "tickets and passes" it always showed November 24, 2013....
DVC Premium Annual Pass Promo - New
Expires: November 24, 2013
View Additional Details

when I click on View Additional Details, that is where is shows it (expired)
Expired Ticket
This ticket expired on Friday June 21, 2013

I've documented the process...
On 8/26 I got a response from Tech support confirming that my expiration dates are correct in the system:

Dear Christina,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We have confirmed the correct expiration of your Annual Premium Passes
as being in November. Please call our Internet Help Desk with further
assistance with your My Disney Experience® account and your FastPass®+
selections at 407-939-7765.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Spoke with Abigal on 8/27 @ 10a… she experienced and saw what I was referring too by logging in as me in the My Disney Experience program.
She confirmed my contact information and will have the “fixit” team take a look at my files and get back to me in about a week.

Spoke with Kealy on 9/5 @ 1:10p… she sees the ticket and the information. Tells me that issues with tickets are taking about 2 weeks to resolve. She confirms that they will email/call me when the issue is resolved. I thank her, and state I will call back in a week.

I've not tried to phone them again hoping that "patience will prevail".

On another thread I read that perhaps if the issue is not resolved that the resort concierge may be able to assist and apply the FP+ to DB and my experiences. But I'd rather not wait until that point, as TheRustyScupper says it is in testing phase and I get that.

Perhaps I will try and remove my PAP from the My Experience, and re-add them to see if it "refreshes" the system and corrects the glitch. I will surely leave DMs alone since that already has all the FP+ assignments.

Please let me know if you've had success... Next week I will try and call Tech Support again and see if there is any progress. Do you think it would be okay at that time to ask for a supervisor?

here's another dis'er with the same odd june 21 issue:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49690713&postcount=179

here's another dis'er with the same odd june 21 issue:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49690713&postcount=179

Yes, that's me (Thanks mikek for sending me this link). Yes, I too have a DVC PAP that expires on Jan. 24, 2014, and finally DVC IT got it linked to my account after weeks of trying, but I can't use it because it still says no valid admission. When I click on "additional information" it says it expired June 21, 2013. Is that weird or what. I called again and they said they opened a ticket on my account. I leave in TWO weeks and still can't make any FP+ for myself, but hope I can be copied to my husband's FP+ choices. The CM (DVC) was not optimistic that it would be fixed within the 2 weeks before my trip.

Yes, that's me (Thanks mikek for sending me this link). Yes, I too have a DVC PAP that expires on Jan. 24, 2014, and finally DVC IT got it linked to my account after weeks of trying, but I can't use it because it still says no valid admission. When I click on "additional information" it says it expired June 21, 2013. Is that weird or what. I called again and they said they opened a ticket on my account. I leave in TWO weeks and still can't make any FP+ for myself, but hope I can be copied to my husband's FP+ choices. The CM (DVC) was not optimistic that it would be fixed within the 2 weeks before my trip.

So, n2mm, maybe I should try and call Member Services since this appears to be more of a DVC PAP issue? I've been working on a similar issue with the regular IT folks. Although it was likely someone who is handling the calls. I'd love to hear how you make out, but it looks like you are only arriving 2 days to WDW before I do!

I asked if there was an "upgrade" to the system on June 21st... because the date doesn't make sense. The Help Desk folks said she didn't think so.

Right now I have deactivated the pass and reporting the PAP and MagicBand "lost" to see if that triggers anything but I will wait an overnight for things to refresh in the system, "find" the lose bands and tix, and check again.

Fingers crossed that you get some resolution before you head off on your vacation. (Thanks mikek for sending me info that I'm not the only one with a June 21st issue :goodvibes.)

Update for me. I did not receive an email telling me the issue was resolved, but my tickets now are valid and I was able to make fp+ selections :). ---purchased Undercover Tourist tix.

I am happy to hear your issue is resolved. Do you mind telling me when your trip is? They are fixing the issue according to travel date and I would like to have an idea what date they might be working on.
Thanks. :)

So, n2mm, maybe I should try and call Member Services since this appears to be more of a DVC PAP issue? I've been working on a similar issue with the regular IT folks. Although it was likely someone who is handling the calls. I'd love to hear how you make out, but it looks like you are only arriving 2 days to WDW before I do!

I asked if there was an "upgrade" to the system on June 21st... because the date doesn't make sense. The Help Desk folks said she didn't think so.

Right now I have deactivated the pass and reporting the PAP and MagicBand "lost" to see if that triggers anything but I will wait an overnight for things to refresh in the system, "find" the lose bands and tix, and check again.

Fingers crossed that you get some resolution before you head off on your vacation. (Thanks mikek for sending me info that I'm not the only one with a June 21st issue :goodvibes.)

I know, it never occurred to me to call member services about this issue. WHen I called the regular IT folks they just told me it was a glitch and they couldn't help me. So I was defeated. When I saw that DVC had online chat, I decided to give it a try. I told the CM about my problem and she said to call MS. There is actually a choice for technical issues (I think #6 - but double check the options, but under members points #1). The online CM was so nice. So when I called first, I had a great tech and thought it was all fixed. He even offered to copy my husband's FP+ choices to me, but since I knew how to do that, I didn't want to bother him. That's when I found out that my now linked PAP was "expired" and it showed invalid admission. All I can do now is keep checking to see if anything changes. I say, give MS a call and see if you can get someone to take a look at your account. I will post back if there is any change. Good Luck!

I am happy to hear your issue is resolved. Do you mind telling me when your trip is? They are fixing the issue according to travel date and I would like to have an idea what date they might be working on.
Thanks. :)

We arrive October 6th.....very shortly and there were still PLENTY of FP+ selections. I actually got everything I would want and all in the afternoon so I can follow a touring plan in the morning :).

I'll toss my recent Tech Support experience in.

We are booked for a November trip. I went into MDE to customize our Magic Bands and link our UCT tickets. The thing I noticed that was a cause for concern was that there were names from our party that were missing or double listed in the case of others.

I called tech support and was put on hold for about 30 minutes. When I got through to someone I explained my situation to them and he did some digging around. He put me on hold for about another 5 minutes and said he'd talk to someone else. When he came back he said everything was fixed..... And he was right.

Hopefully as Disney works the kinks out of this system they'll be able to deal with things as relatively quickly as they did with mine.

I think once you actually get through to someone who knows what to do (or who to speak to) they are GREAT.

But i don't understand why more people aren't able to fix things.

AND worse- I really dont understand that they have some people that make things worse and others that just say "someone will handle it" and then no one does.

basically the problem is not enough trained staff i suppose.

I know, it never occurred to me to call member services about this issue. WHen I called the regular IT folks they just told me it was a glitch and they couldn't help me. So I was defeated. When I saw that DVC had online chat, I decided to give it a try. I told the CM about my problem and she said to call MS. There is actually a choice for technical issues (I think #6 - but double check the options, but under members points #1). The online CM was so nice. So when I called first, I had a great tech and thought it was all fixed. He even offered to copy my husband's FP+ choices to me, but since I knew how to do that, I didn't want to bother him. That's when I found out that my now linked PAP was "expired" and it showed invalid admission. All I can do now is keep checking to see if anything changes. I say, give MS a call and see if you can get someone to take a look at your account. I will post back if there is any change. Good Luck!

I called MS this morning. (Yes, #1 then #6 on system) Got a super helpful and patient CM. Told her what I've found and she went into my MDE to see what I was seeing (with permission) and saw the 11/24 expiration, but then when clicked the "detail" she saw the 6/21 exp. She asked if I could be put on hold and she would confer with someone. Sure!

She came back and asked if this was my first ever annual pass. I said yes. {HOLD} Asked if I had paper or hard tix. Told her that they were paper to start, but then when I converted them in May '13 to the hard tix. {HOLD}

The CM came back for a final time and told me to work with just my DM FP+ to get the attractions assigned. Then when we check-in the front desk can copy the FP+ from my DM to DB & I. Since DB & DM will be arriving 3 hours before me she said they should be able to copy all our FP+ at that time, even though I wasn't present. CM assured me that it is something they can do right there either at check-in or the concierge can do it.

So... sounds like they don't have resolution and are still in testing stage. I do have to say when I first called was told the wait would be 14 minutes... but got a CM after 6 minutes. I was off the phone in a little over 30 minutes.

n2mm, perhaps have all your selections made under hubby's and then call to have them "copied" to yours. I don't know if this can be fixed at VB or if you need to wait until you arrive at BWV.

I'd love to hear others experiences in the coming weeks to see if the front desk can do this with minimal complications!

I called MS this morning. (Yes, #1 then #6 on system) Got a super helpful and patient CM. Told her what I've found and she went into my MDE to see what I was seeing (with permission) and saw the 11/24 expiration, but then when clicked the "detail" she saw the 6/21 exp. She asked if I could be put on hold and she would confer with someone. Sure!

She came back and asked if this was my first ever annual pass. I said yes. {HOLD} Asked if I had paper or hard tix. Told her that they were paper to start, but then when I converted them in May '13 to the hard tix. {HOLD}

The CM came back for a final time and told me to work with just my DM FP+ to get the attractions assigned. Then when we check-in the front desk can copy the FP+ from my DM to DB & I. Since DB & DM will be arriving 3 hours before me she said they should be able to copy all our FP+ at that time, even though I wasn't present. CM assured me that it is something they can do right there either at check-in or the concierge can do it.

So... sounds like they don't have resolution and are still in testing stage. I do have to say when I first called was told the wait would be 14 minutes... but got a CM after 6 minutes. I was off the phone in a little over 30 minutes.

n2mm, perhaps have all your selections made under hubby's and then call to have them "copied" to yours. I don't know if this can be fixed at VB or if you need to wait until you arrive at BWV.

I'd love to hear others experiences in the coming weeks to see if the front desk can do this with minimal complications!

Glad you got to talk it through with MS. Unlike you, this is not my first AP. I've actually have had an AP since 1995! But like you I was told the exact same thing. Since I was lucky enough to have at least one in my party be able to make FP+, that I could be "copied" to those FPs after I link upon arrival. Actually you can do it yourself under "manage FP+", I did it for my daughter and her family. I made a FP choice for my DH then copied them to my daughter/family and it worked perfectly and everyone at one time, by clicking each of them on the screen. I've pretty much have given up trying to sort it out before my trip. It doesn't look like an issue that can be fixed. I'm sure there are many coming after us that are watching to see if our problem can be sorted out, and sadly, it doesn't appear so. I won't let it impact my trip, it is what it is! I gave it my best shot and am over it now. I leave 2 weeks from tomorrow (Tuesday) and have much more pressing things to do, like packing for a 2 1/2 week trip!!! Of course praying for no hurricanes or TS, is on my list too, esp. since we will be at Vero for 3 days before moving to the BWV. Have a safe trip and a grand time!! And if, by chance, I do get it resolved, I'll post back. Maybe by the time my January trip comes, all of the bugs will be worked out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter