Technical Difficulties

Minniegirl621

Disney Girl
This week in the parks, there were TONS of technical difficulties experienced. Most have happened with Space Mountain, The Rock n Roller Coaster, Pirates of the Carribean, and Test Track. Also with the monorails, they usually are having "traffic", and sometimes they shut off for about a minute to power down, which delayed my transportation when I had reservations. Anyone who is going to WDW anytime soon, make sure to make time for mistakes, because they will happen!

This week in the parks, there were TONS of technical difficulties experienced. Most have happened with Space Mountain, The Rock n Roller Coaster, Pirates of the Carribean, and Test Track. Also with the monorails, they usually are having "traffic", and sometimes they shut off for about a minute to power down, which delayed my transportation when I had reservations. Anyone who is going to WDW anytime soon, make sure to make time for mistakes, because they will happen!

Stuff happens, and it's wise to be prepared for the possibility. Don't wait until the last minute to get transportation if you have a reservation somewhere.

I remember one particularly bad day in December 2011. Space Mountain went down several times, once when we were just about to board. At various other times of the day, we had the bad luck to approach Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and BTMRR when THEY were having technical difficulties. We hopped to Epcot and Soarin' was down!! :faint:

I know people say a bad day at Disney is better than a good day at work, but I think I'd rather spend the time cleaning out the basement than experience a repeat of that miserable day.

(It wasn't all bad, still had lots of fun. But very frustrating).

Stuff happens, and it's wise to be prepared for the possibility. Don't wait until the last minute to get transportation if you have a reservation somewhere.

I remember one particularly bad day in December 2011. Space Mountain went down several times, once when we were just about to board. At various other times of the day, we had the bad luck to approach Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and BTMRR when THEY were having technical difficulties. We hopped to Epcot and Soarin' was down!! :faint:

I know people say a bad day at Disney is better than a good day at work, but I think I'd rather spend the time cleaning out the basement than experience a repeat of that miserable day.

(It wasn't all bad, still had lots of fun. But very frustrating).
I totally understand! It is very frustrating. I was about to ride space mountain and they had to take us off of the ride due to technical difficulties and they closed it for the night!

Especially when you are paying thousands of dollars. People always say "it happens, better then being at work" but at work you are PAYING thousands of dollars to experience what you went to Disney to experience.

Especially when you are paying thousands of dollars. People always say "it happens, better then being at work" but at work you are PAYING thousands of dollars to experience what you went to Disney to experience.

It sucks. But unfortunately there is nothing that man has built that doesn't break down.

I'd say if someone is getting upset because they are delayed by one minute, they are cutting things way to close to start with. OP--Disney suggests you allow 90 minutes to make it from point A to B using their transportation. Just as an fyi.

It sucks. But unfortunately there is nothing that man has built that doesn't break down.

I'd say if someone is getting upset because they are delayed by one minute, they are cutting things way to close to start with. OP--Disney suggests you allow 90 minutes to make it from point A to B using their transportation. Just as an fyi.

I did not know that!! We only let 30-40 minutes to get there..

I know ir can turn a good day into a bad one. I think that from management to maintenance have some very uncomfortable meetings with senior managers .Not that does anything for your bad days . Still though it might lead to better days for all..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter