Teen comforters and wall stickers?

kellia

DIS Veteran
Dd wants her room re-done as her 14th bday present. Any good websites out there to get not-too-expensive comforter sets? Shopping online is much easier than taking her into the store. ;) Also, she saw on some home improvement show where they had big circle stickers that they put all over a the walls. Any idea where to get something like that or what to make them out of?

Thanks! :goodvibes

michaels has wall stickers as does etsy (type in "wall stickers" into the search). you can probably get a better deal at michaels with a coupon or something. there's also a company online that i've had good luck with called http://www.whatisblik.com/ . i've ordered a few things from their website with good luck. they are a bit expensive though, so if you're looking for something cheaper, try googling "wall stickers". oh also, urban outfitters online has wall stickers sometimes.

hope that helps.

Thank you! Wow, I had no idea they had all of those wall stickers, those are cool! Unfortunately, dh now wants the donkey kong ones for OUR room. :rolleyes:

We got the idea for my daughter's room at HGTV's rate my space website. Just google hgtv rate my space. It's a great place to get ideas. We got the polka dot stickers from Target. They are great!

Many of the college bookstores, Target stores near college campuses and OfficeMax carry the wall stickers at reasonable prices. There are also nice wall sets available on eBay for less than $20 with shipping.
JCPenney, Target and Walmart often have good buys on teen bedding sets- although JCPenney will be less now (often on clearance) while the other two will have special buys just before school starts to try to sell to people interested in sets for dorm rooms.

JCPenney has a good selection of bedding for teens.

I just saw those wall stickers at the educational store / teacher store at the mall.

We have these on my daughters walls. They were so easy. We purchased them at Lowes. http://www.wall-pops.com/

It is such an easy way to get a dramatic result in a room. We simply picked the wall pops we liked, picked coordinating paint (they wanted a drastic change), painted the walls, let it dry/cure and apply the wall pops. They get many compliments on their room.

Good Luck!!

Delia's has some cute bedding for teens. They also used to have wall stickers, but I don't see those on the site any more.

Domestications catalog also has some bedding choices specifically for kids and teens, and they tend to have pretty decent prices as well. It seems they have some wall stickers (circles, squares and a border in different colors).

There's also Urban Outfitters for both bedding and some wall stickers (although they are expensive stickers!). Some of the bedding is a decent price though.

AC Moore has wall-pops. I bought a package at a time with the 40% coupon.

Thanks for the blik link...cool stuff.

http://wallies.com/ Another site...join their e-mail list for sales alerts.

I can't believe there's a post on this! My DD13 was just discussing her ideas for her "new bedroom". She wants those big circles, too. Thanks for all the ideas about where to buy them.

Question. She wants overlapping circles of two different colors. Does anyone know if those wall stickers will stick to each other (so they can be overlapped somewhat?)

TIA.

They stick to each other. I have had several different kinds and some are much easier to remove than others, it may depend on the kind of paint you have too.

Glad I found this thread. Thanks for all the ideas! I want daisies for my DD (5 1/2)'s bedroom walls to match her Disney Cuties bedding.

FUNNY! I was just looking at Wall sticker "art" on ebay... there is a seller - The Sticker Hut - that has cool stuff... I can see a funny owl for over my doorway in my future!!!

Actually, now that I am looking, ebay has a TON of this stuff, including circle sets, etc..

You need a plan when your teenager wants to paint her bedroom the same color as her dyed black hair. During the teenage years the hormones are raging and teens feel a need to rebel. This is the time when your daughter is done with Barbie dolls and is ready to move on to something more serious. But, what your teenager thinks is cool one day can be decidedly uncool the next, or at the most, the next week and you can spend a fortune on redecorating. This is the reason that wall stickers for your daughter’s or son’s bedroom are such a great option. They only take about an hour to apply and the bedroom will be in fashion. They can be removed easily and they won’t damage the wall. In addition, there are enough designs that are available that there will be certainly be something to meet all every possible fantasy that a teenager can have.:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter