Teen programs questions...

Jajone

DIS Veteran
We are considering taking a friend of my daughter's. My DD will be a senior in HS but will also be 18 already. Her friend will still be 17. Can my daughter attend any of the teen programs? Can her friend go into the rainforest room?

We are considering taking a friend of my daughter's. My DD will be a senior in HS but will also be 18 already. Her friend will still be 17. Can my daughter attend any of the teen programs? Can her friend go into the rainforest room?
No, once they are 18 they cannot access Vibe. And the 17 year old cannot be in the adult only areas.

According to numerous posts on another forum, the answer is no. Your 18 year old will not be permitted in the programs designated as 17 and under. Posters say the rules are being strictly enforced.

My understanding is the same as PP. We had to r/s a cruise and were waiting to see Holidays for 2018. Then I realized DD would be 18 and couldn't participate in the Vibe. Since she would be a very young (3 weeks and still in high school) 18, felt she might not feel as comfortable in the 18-20 group. So...we dropped her from the ressie and are sailing in May (but shh...haven't told her that!).

There is an 1820 society. They hold events for 18-20 year olds. Your daughter might like those.

But the 17-yr-old friend may not be able to attend, especially if they meet up at the night clubs after 9pm.

OP -- that is a really tough age split. The 18 yr old can attend any Open House times at Vibe along with her friend, and there are lots of "all ages" activities the girls can do together onboard. But generally speaking, they will not be able to do the teen (Vibe) activities or the adult (spa, nightclubs, 1820 Society) activities together as age is enforced. I suggest you check out a recent Navigator to see what they girls might enjoy. Or consider a different sailing either before your daughter turns 18 or after the friend's birthday so they are both in the same age group.

Enjoy your cruise!

They can go together during open house to VIBE. They can also attend 1820 society activities, some of them happen at VIBE. My boys were 17 and 18 last cruise and they hung together most of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter