Teen travel items

PrincessMom4

DVC member-SSR
Hey all,

I am going to be traveling with 2 teenagers (13) and will be driving from Canada to Orlando.

What kinds of things do yall think would be good to entertain these two?? I was thinking a deck of cards, friendship bracelets, but then I am a mom so I don't know what teens like.

Thanks all Princess Isabellprincess:

Make Bingo Cards with different images on it (balck and white cows) and New Jersey Lisence Plate, 5 Canada Flags) Its keeps them busy for most on the drive! Oh and make a list of all the US States and see who can find all of them first! They are fun and do not take up much room!

Assuming the trip to Orlando is Disney related, and being a teenager myself (knowing what I would want to do on a roadtrip), I have a few ideas :)

Someone mentioned a bingo game ... you could make Disney-themed Bingo cards :) Another thing I would do is make a mix CD of Disney songs, to get myself revved up for the Disney adventure ahead.

If you haven't planned out EXACTLY what you guys are doing at Disney, print out the park maps and have them plan a few things ... rides, restaurants, shops, etc.

Well, cards are always a good option. My family still plays cards, so bring a pack or two.

Maybe get a map like the previous poster said and colored pencils and markers and have each of them(all the kids in this case) mark in their color what their must-dos are.

If there's something that they can play games or watch movies on, like a laptop or a tablet, bring that and a bunch of disney movies.

Play lots of music.

Think of a bunch of riddles or puzzles and write them down and either give them the sheet, or say them out loud as you go.
Example:
*I have four really good friends. Two of them taught me to forget, one of them taught me to remember, and one of them showed me what I left behind.
*My father died when I was very young. He never really left though.
*Someone close to me stole some very valuable things from me, and I had to go confront him.
Who Am I?

A: Simba. Timon and Pumbaa taught him Hakuna Matata and to forget his worries and cares, Rafiki taught him to remember who he was, and Nala showed him that he had left everyone he had cared abut behind and that he could have lost his best friend. Mufasa never left even though he had died because he showed Simba what he had to do. Scar took his land, his title, and everything else from him, and Simba eventually confronted him.

All the other options are good too!

Think of a bunch of riddles or puzzles and write them down and either give them the sheet, or say them out loud as you go.

This is a good idea! Maybe make an activity booklet for them ... you can take some coloring pages from Disney websites, some mazes, or make your own puzzles :)

Keep the great ideas coming. I love the idea about getting them to think of which rides they might want to visit.

You may want to bring mp3's just in case along with a mixed CD of popular Disney songs. Also you could make Disney themed bingo cards like the other posters said & maps. You can also tell the teens to make a list of what they want to do and compare them.

I bring a skateboard every trip. I skate for 2 minutes at gas stations to stretch my legs... just be prepared for strange looks.

Music is the best thing I can think of. Music ALWAYS makes time pass faster for me! Make it as comfortable as possible. Pillows and blankets as possible. That makes a ride more enjoyable. Movies too! Disney movies if they're into it! :thumbsup2

MUSIC. I know of some great disney soundtracks that i bought, sorry cant think of the name,:confused3 and like the poster before me said, get lots of pillows and blankets. I happen to be obsessed with writing and drawing, and i don't know about the teens you are taking, but i would bring notebooks or sketchbooks, and have them draw disney things. that bingo idea is also really great. I would really suggest getting the music though. it will get them in the mood.:)

As a lot of other people said, music! You can find CDs with Disney songs in a lot of different places. Not only does it get you into your "Disney mode", but it also passes the time. :thumbsup2 Also, bring throw-blankets and pillows (maybe invest in a Pillow Pet, they're so so so comfortable :rotfl:). Last, if you have a car that has the tv screen and is able to play movies, have them each select a few movies and play them on your way down. I hope I helped. :goodvibes You have a long drive ahead of you, so good luck!

I would suggest favorite books, but if they don't like reading a lot, try magazines! Those are fun to read! Or continually ask them what they wish/imagine will happen at Disney! I think that is a good thing for people with creative minds. :wizard:

PrincessMom4 said:
Hey all,

I am going to be traveling with 2 teenagers (13) and will be driving from Canada to Orlando.

What kinds of things do yall think would be good to entertain these two?? I was a deck of cards, friendship bracelets, but then I am a mom so I don't know what teens like.

Thanks all Princess Isabell

we have been driving from new york for 12 trips....our sons were 9 and 10 on our first trip, and are 16 and 15 now. we have a van, so we bring pillow and blankets for each one..lots of movies for the dvd player..their job is picking out the movies...we also buy one or two new ones that they want to see...they each have a "car bag" that has their ipods, books, journal..whatever fits! we have a cooler wi5h drinks, and a snack cooler....every rest stop we police the car! !! we stop every two hours to stretch....when they were younger we did license plate bingo and other games...now we have o travel trivial pursuit that they love...for our family, that 22 hour trip is part of the fun! ! Good luck! !

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Music, movies, and video games. Those are some of the best things to have, particularly the movies in my case. I usually pick a long series of movies that I haven't watched in a while (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc.) and turn them on from the start. If they are readers and they don't get queasy reading in the car, books are great to bring. Sometimes I just like having a variety of things to do. If I watch a movie and don't want to continue at the moment, I can listen to some music. If I get bored of that, I can read some chapters of a book. After that I can continue on with the movies...

Make Bingo Cards with different images on it (balck and white cows) and New Jersey Lisence Plate, 5 Canada Flags) Its keeps them busy for most on the drive! Oh and make a list of all the US States and see who can find all of them first! They are fun and do not take up much room!

Are you creative or either of the girls? Well I just made a set of disney homemade bingo cards. I printed off copies of blank bingo cards, and small disney related pics (characters, rides, attractions, ect.) to glue in the BINGO boxes. This process took me about 2-3 days to finish. As markers, I may reuse the traditional ones that come with the game or I was also thinking about making my own with mickey mouse heads on them. I sure hope this helps and it was a joy making them!!!
::yes::

My mom usually borrows "new" videos from the library for me that I haven't watched before.

My mom also picked up games that are made for in the car with a DVD inside. My bro and I play DVD bingo(we have the Shrek version) and DVD Disney Scene It(perfect for on the way to Disney!).

She also surprises us with activity books when we get bored (they are Kiddish though so idk if the teens would be into them).

We have DSs that we play. Mom will surprise with new games for them too(she is so nice!).

Fav snacks/drinks
Books
DVDs

Yep everythings covered. Hee hee!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter