Teen went to the ocean with sunblock and still got burned---what can we put on it

I've found that store-brand sunscreen doesn't seem to work as well as name brand. I know that shouldn't be true, and we buy lots of store-labeled products, but every time I have used a store brand (from either Walmart or Target, and well within the "use-by" date), I get a burn. Yes, I know that's not scientific, but it's happened to me and several of my friends.

I actually use Hawaiian Tropic and it's doesn't give me burns however, I don't stay under the sun for too long

I've found that store-brand sunscreen doesn't seem to work as well as name brand. I know that shouldn't be true, and we buy lots of store-labeled products, but every time I have used a store brand (from either Walmart or Target, and well within the "use-by" date), I get a burn. Yes, I know that's not scientific, but it's happened to me and several of my friends.

FWIW, no matter what the SPF in sunscreen is, if I use it, I will get burned. Maybe not as bad, but still sunburned.

High quality or low quality isn't going to make a difference if you don't reapply it throughout the day, especially if you are getting wet.

Most of the sunscreens,including the more expensive name brands don't even come close to their spf rating according to consumer reports magazine.From what I remember reading,one of the best and least expensive ,year after year,was the equate water babies spf 50 and yes reapply every few hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter