• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about Animal Kingdom in the summer

thank you for the info. We are staying off-site so we dont have the option of going back to our resort to use the pool. but i do like the idea of spitting the park day in half. we may take a break and go to lunch somewhere with AC or just go and check out some resorts inside with AC. ( i assume you can check out a resort even if your not staying there? )

You're welcome!
Yes we've resort hopped before to several of them to check them out
:)

I believe that AK is quite possibly the hottest place on the planet!!

Despite my first-trip shock, I now consider the heat at Animal Kingdom to be an enhancement to its theming. Just think of those old movies where travelers visit far off exotic lands. The locals are always just fine, while the out-of-sorts visitors are fanning themselves and drenched in perspiration, bemoaning how brutally hot it is.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and predict that the two rides in Pandora are going to be crazy popular, and FP+ is going to be tiered, so you are likely going to need to get FP+ for one of them, and ride the other standby, which I am going to guess you will need to do at Rope Drop in order to avoid standing in an insanely long line. That will mean that even though the Safari is arguably best at Rope Drop, you are going to find yourself experiencing that a bit later in the day.

I'm also going to venture that with the addition of Pandora, AK is no longer going to be a 5 hour park. I think if you want to experience all, or at least the majority of the rides, you are probably looking at a 7 to 8 hour day.

Without a doubt, AK is the hottest place on the planet. Worse, most of the QS locations have outdoor seating (Flame Tree BBQ, Anandapur Markets), and some of the shows (Flights of Wonder, which is an amazing show, and Rivers of Light) are outside as well. Drink, drink, drink (water that is) and then drink some more, and take it easy on the AK day. The heat and humidity in that park will really take a lot out of you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter