Tell me about boma

sam_rogers

painting with all the colours of the wind
I'm starting to think about dinner reservations for our September 2018 trip and am thinking of trying to get a reservation for boma. Liberty tree tavern is usually our all you can eat go to, dh loves ridiculous amounts of mash and gravy, but I'm thinking of changing things up a bit this time. What are your thoughts on boma and is it worth a visit? Or is there anywhere different you'd recommend? I did also consider biergarten but the food and wine festival is on when we go so we'll probably just eat our way around the world showcase. Thanks :goodvibes

The first time we went to boma we were nervous because we aren’t all adventurous eaters. Now it’s one of our must dos every trip. Some unique dishes, but something for everyone. And the desserts... yum!

Boma is our absolute favorite on-site dinner buffet. That being said, have your dh check the menu to see if there are enough items he would enjoy. Don't be put off by the exotic sounding items- I find the food not too spicy/exotic and I'm not a very adventurous eater. Can't wait to go back!

Boma is amazing!! I don't usually like buffets, but it was my favorite restaurant on our last trip. It will definitely be one we go back to! There was plenty to choose from. The soups were amazing, and there were several entrees for the less adventurous. There was also your typical salad bar. I tried a little bit of everything though, and honestly there wasn't anything that I didn't like.

I love Boma dinner! I'm just sad because my family would not like it. I did a solo trip a couple of years ago and Boma was probably my favorite meal. I am not sure what "different" foods I like, so it was nice to sample a whole bunch. My surprising favorite - carrot ginger soup! Love it.

Boma was amazing. Bit overpriced (it's Disney, I just accept it) but the food is great and they have options if you have picky eaters as well. Quality food with some unique items, especially the BBQ area and the salads. Well worth it.

Love Boma. One of my faves on property. There’s enough selection for non-adventurous eaters and most of the “adventurous” dishes aren’t out there. Just some unique (and delicious) flavor combinations. Seriously, it’s an amazing meal.

Our favorite. There really is something for everyone. Great soups, salads, roasted meats, really interesting sides...plus as a buffet, you can try a tiny portion and decide if you want a larger one.

Boma is our absolute favorite on-site dinner buffet. That being said, have your dh check the menu to see if there are enough items he would enjoy. Don't be put off by the exotic sounding items- I find the food not too spicy/exotic and I'm not a very adventurous eater. Can't wait to go back!
Dh won't be a problem, hes pretty adventurous with what he'll eat and spice isn't a problem for either of us. That's an overwhelming positive response for boma!! I'm sold!! :stitch: I'll show the menu to dh but it's hard to get him excited about any vacations until the day we leave :rotfl:

This is one I haven't been to in a while and am thinking of trying again too. I think it's been a good 9 years or so. May be a great excuse to visit our favorite resort in June when we stay at Coronado...

This is one I haven't been to in a while and am thinking of trying again too. I think it's been a good 9 years or so. May be a great excuse to visit our favorite resort in June when we stay at Coronado...
We've never eaten at the animal kingdom lodge so boma would be a great excuse for us to have a look around!

If you love copious amounts of cinnamon on everything you put in your mouth, it is the place to go.

We are picky eaters but discovered that there’s plenty of food at Boma that tastes “normal ‘. And the food that has an unfamiliar flavor is good, too. We love it.

I've said it here before. The night before the asteroid hits the earth, I want to have my last dinner at Boma.

First went in September of '01, and have been back probably 25 times.

There are two keys to eating at Boma - the first is *small helpings*. Start with salads or soups and take a small amount of several choices. The food is not unusual, it just will have names you aren't familiar with. Then if you started with salads, do the same thing with the soups. Now you'll still have room for the main course - again, small servings of several things. And finally, you should still have room for dessert - just go for it, they're all good.

Second key - Boma is set up in pods, so don't think you have to go to the back of the long line at the carving station each time you go back. If you're getting salads, go straight to the salad pod. Just avoid cutting off someone else who's coming to that pod from the soups.

and lastly - if there's a long line at the carving station, chances are that in a couple minutes it will go back down.

Have I mentioned I'm a fan?

If I can't get a reservation I'm going to be really disappointed now :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter