• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about Cape May Dinner

mkla2015

DIS Veteran
Hi All!

We will be heading to WDW at the end of February and have dinner scheduled at Cape May. Has anyone been recently? Was there any fish or shrimp served?

I'm trying to decide if I will join the rest of the party or not. I don't eat crab (everyone else does)... the only seafood I really like is fish and shrimp.

I've watched a few youtube videos but I can't find any recent reviews of the buffet. Please let me know what your experience was like. Thanks in advance!!!

They have fried shrimp on certain days of the week (I can't remember which though). They always have peel and eat shrimp and paella with shrimp. There are fried fish nuggets, salmon and possibly another fish everyday. There are also non-seafood options. There is always a carving station and generally a chicken dish.

And the place smells like a fish market, too. Can be overpowering.

We had dinner there in October. Lots of food options, everything was hot and tasty. Options replaced frequently, service was meh but we all would go again in a heartbeat.

I'm confused. Do they only offer crab legs on Sunday and Wednesday?

I'm confused. Do they only offer crab legs on Sunday and Wednesday?
The all ears menu is confusing to a lot of people. Anything with specific days directly after it only apply to that one item. Everything else is every day.

Cape May is primarily a seafood buffet, however there are other options to choose from. My daughter does not like seafood and did not leave hungry.

I was okay with it, but have never desired to return. I live in New England and am pretty spoiled by the seafood we have available here and prefer my food prepared to order. The food offered is good, hot and fresh, but prepared in bulk and held in buffet trays. So as @Deb & Bill stated, it smells fishy.

Loved Cape May first time we went. Second time this past year it seemed more mediocre. Maybe that’s because I finally learned how to cook crab legs myself at home, so having them at a restaurant isn’t as much of a treat now. They have some other good dishes. Good giant peel and eat shrimp! I think they had fried clam strips the night we went. I love those too but once again easy enough to make at home.

I like Cape May, but after having been twice it’s getting a little stale and I’d like to try something else. But it’s pretty decent food and yes, plenty for non seafood eaters too.

We went years ago, and did not like it. We ended up going back last Jan. and loved it. The crab legs were huge and delicious. The shrimp were very big, and I also loved the mussels. We are going back in Feb. I hope it will be as good as it was last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter