Tell me about Cypress Harbour

rubenfan

Earning My Ears
We leave in about one month. I am looking for tips about Marriotts Cypress Harbour. Anyone been? Best room location? Are the pools nice? Nearest store? Any other hints.

I've visited but didn't have the privilege of staying. I'd love to, though. It's quite beautiful with lots of lush, mature landscaping.

The resort buildings are attractive, 4 floors with elevators. All units are 2-BR/2-bath villas that sleep 7 (8?). Most overlook a sizable lake, with a boat ride and a foot bridge crossing it, boat rentals, fishing, etc. There are a couple of different pool areas, all pretty by reports and photos, two recreation areas, several playgrounds. Some buildings are non-smoking, some optional. The best locations, of course, overlook the pretty lake and all of those are pretty close to at least one pool. If you make a request, you're better off, just asking for lakeview, upper floor, near a pool. Can't go wrong with that.

Onsite, there's a convenience mart and limited fast food (deli? pizza? ice cream?) When you leave the resort, if you turn left, and then left again on I-Drive South, heading north, you'll find many, many stores and restaurants. There's at least one Publix grocery and a Goodings. Ask at check-in and they'll direct you to the store with the best prices, nearby. :) Have fun - the place has a very high return rate and TUG rating.

Hi,

We stayed there once a couple of years ago. It is a very nice property. Nice two bdrm/two bath units, that are quite large.

The one thing we didn't like was the distance to WDW. It is very close to Sea World and I think Universal, so if you are spending time at those parks it is in a great location.

We usually stay at the MOWC in one of their villas. We spend all our time at WDW and the MOWC is about 5 minutes from EPCOT, so for us we have found that to be a better place for us to stay.

But, Cypress is beautiful and you will have a wonderful time!

Have a great trip.

When are you going? We are staying there June 7-13. I will gladly e-mail you when we return. This will be our first time staying at this place also. It sounds and looks beautiful.

We just got back from Cypress Harbour, our first time there, and were very happy with the accommodations. We were in building 65, and had a ground floor unit. All units have a screened in porch, two bedrooms, two baths, dishwasher, garbage disposal, full size appliances, separate laundry room, ironing board and iron, etc... . The master bedroom has a king size bed and the other is equipped with a queen and a pull out couch. The pull out is very uncomfortable according to the person who had to sleep on it. There is a pool bar at the clubhouse pool, and both large pools have kiddie pools and several hot tub pools surrounding them. The pools were always very crowded. I think that they could do with a few more of them. We were closest to the island pool, but my kids like the clubhouse pool the best. So we had to walk across the bridge to get to it. About five minutes. There is a market place next to the club house pool, where you can buy Krispy Kream Donuts in the morning. The kids can buy a Marriott cup for $5.00 there, and refill it all week for free. There is also a Domino Pizza there were you can get ice cream, sandwiches, hot dogs and burgers.
If I had to do it again I would probably choose the first building on the right of the clubhouse pool as you are facing it from the lobby. I would also request an end unit, so that I could view my kids in the pool from the screened in porch. This is a non-smoking building.
If you go to the Marriott Cypress Harbour website you can view the layout of the property as well as the condo layout. I called about a month in advance and requested the building I wanted. They were very accommodating, and I got exactly what I had requested. I hope you have a wonderful time. PS We didn't find it difficult at all to get to Disney. In fact we always left midway through our day to return to Cypress to swim, and then returned for the evening festivities.

We stayed there during Pres. Week in Feb. It actually took 11 minutes from my parking spot of EPCOT to the parking spot at Cypress Harbour...not too bad! We enjoyed the space of the villa. Any other ??'s :jester:

We are leaving on the 29th of June. Thanks for all the input. The place sounds great. I thought it was futher from WDW then 11 Minutes. Refillables mug too very exciting.

I've never been to Cypress Harbour, but I've heard it the best Marriott facility in Orlando. I've rented a 2bdrm/2 bath for 8/11 - 8/18, but circumstances have changed and I cannot make the trip. Anybody want a really good deal? $800 for the 8 days / 7 nights! Rack rate is $239/night.

Contact me at estatesale@mediaone.net if interested.

Dann

I am staying at the MCH right now! It is beautiful! We checked in yesterday and spent most of the day at the parks. We spent today at the parks also, but plan on spending tomorrow here checking the place out. I will report back in a couple of days and let you all know what's available. I plan on searching out the mugs...it sounds like a great deal. The kids have done the pool twice and really seem to like it. Any questions? I'll try to get you an answer as soon as I can.

Crystalwv,

Thanks for your post glad your having a great time. I have a couple questions. What building should we request? I read something about seeing the fireworks at Seaworld from your room. What building do you think that might be from? Hows the water?

Thanks Karl

P.S. I would like to hear any other tips you might have.

I have to agree with the above poster about the pull out couch. We ended up with both girls in the same bed because the pull out was so uncomfortable. The boys haven't complained about the pull out in the living room so I guess it's ok. We are in building 71. Very quite. We are on the 3rd floor and have a lake view with a fountain. I would request a building closer to the entrance as it's a long drive to the back of the resort. We are headed to the clubhouse pool this morning. The kids liked the island pool, but I think that as long as it has water in it, it will do. I can't think of one negative thing yet! Everything and everyone has been very nice. The drive to dtd was easy. We turned left out of the mch, make right at 7-11, make right at vineland (outlets), follow this road past outlets, marriott village, make right at light by bahama breeze, get in left lane and make left into Disney World (across from goodings), follow signs to the parks. May take 15 min tops depending on traffic. I apologize for my typing skills. DH brought laptop and I'm having a hard time using it. I'll report back soon.

Wow, this is great having someone there right now to ask questions to. So do you have any idea what building number faces Seaworld? We are thinking about asking for building 51 or 52, what do you think? How about a grocery store close to MCH? Last did you find those refillable mugs?

Thanks for the help,

Karl

We are going to be staying there at the end of August with our 2 year old. Do you find the place to be well childproofed or do you have any suggestions on what I will need to do when I get there to make it more childproofed. Have you seen the tot pools and if so, how are they?

I stayed at the Cypress Harbor last Christmas. If you send me an email I will tell you about it.

Jerry

We just stayed there May 19-26. Loved it! When we arrived, I went to the Albertson's and bought some essentials. Later that evening, we stoped by the market at the resort and saw that we saved just a few dollars by going to Albertson's. I would suggest just saving your time and buying anything you need there. We stayed in building 64 on the floor level. Great view of the lake. I don't know if anyone was above us or not. We never heard any noise. We were one building away from the island pool. My son didn't care which pool he was in. But both were nice. We never made it to the playgrounds. The only regret we have is we spent 1 and half days at the resort and the rest at the parks. Next time, we will enjoy our resort more (we say this every time). The children's programs looked great. We wish we would have sent our son (5) to a few of them. You can rent paddle boats to ride in the lagoon. MCH is close to everything. I hope this helps. Feel free to email me with any other questions.
Staci

Oh, about the childproofing. We also had our 17 month old son with us. He was in to everything. Nothing is child proofed. So, we moved everything in the lower cabinets, that could be broken, to the upper cabinets. The only real problem we had was my son kept opening the oven door and standing on it. I couldn't figure out a way to lock it. We never cooked in it, but I still tried my hardest to keep him away. Also, there are a few cleaning supplies underneath the kitchen sink. We moved those too.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you guys. We have been very busy playing in the FL sun.
I'm not sure which buildings face sea world. I tried to figure it out, but couldn't. I'm sure if you call and ask and then request they would try to help you.
Goodings for groceries was a joke. We bought a few items and it was 90 bucks. Next time we will track down a different store. The 7-11 at the end of Westwood wasn't too high priced. A 12 pack of coke was cheaper at the 7-11 then Goodings. I would suggest bringing those detergent tablets for your washer instead of buying any there. They worked out great. The place is completely furnished. Towels, sheets, blankets, pillows, glasses, cups, cookware, just about everything you would need at home. They also furnish pool towels if you want to save on packing space. We did find the refillable mugs, but decided not to use them. We didn't try any of the activities that were available, but would like to go back just to hang out at the resort. The condo is not childproof at all. You will need to do this on your own. Each unit comes with a nice screened in porch which has table and chairs and a ceiling fan. I would definately stay here again. It was wonderful. We did take a day and drive to Clearwater Beach. It is one of the nicest beaches anywhere! If you've never been...GO! I probably have rambled way too much and I apologize. We had a flight delay which pushed us back to getting home at 4AM. It's naptime!!

Thank you all for posting about your stays. I have a couple of questions.
What are the pools like. Are there fountains etc. or floatables to rent for the kids?
What are the kid and adult programs?
How much are the little boats to rent?
What kind of rate did you get and from where?

Thanks!:p

Based on some of your references to uncomfortable sofa beds, I guess it is a bad idea to go to CH if we know that we will have an adult who must sleep on one of the sofabeds, right? I'd hate for the discomfort to ruin our family's first trip to Orlando. But CH looks so beautiful! Are the sofabed mattresses too lumpy, thin, soft? I just don't understand why Marriott would not invest in better sofabeds for their expensive timeshares.

Scotch
The sofa bed in the living room was ok. The one in the bedroom was uncomfortable. I didn't sleep on it myself, but one of the girls said it wasn't good. She didn't say why. One of the boys slept on it our last night as a couch. He didn't pull it out and said it was fine that way. It is a beautiful place. This was probably one of the only negatives we found.

R4Suns
The pools were nice. The island pool was smaller, had a waterfall, sauna, hot tub, and kiddie pool. Also, had sandy beach area with chairs. Clubhouse pool was larger, but the kids didn't stay at that one for more than 10 min. they seemed to like the smaller one better. Some of the kids had floatables, but I don't know where they got them from. Our kids were playing with a ball they said an employee tossed them.
I don't know about any of the programs. We really didnt' check into them too much because of lack of time. I'm not sure how much boat rental or bike rental was.
My friend and her DH own a timeshare through their company. They receive one free week and have 12 vouchers for discounted weeks that they use for incentives for their company. They didn't have enough people qualify for the discounted weeks so she offered one to our family if we paid the dis. rate. The weeks do not carry from year to year so if nobody uses them they are just plain gone. We paid 374.00 for the week. Well worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter