Tell Me About Cyprus Point :)

TinkandCrew

Earning My Ears
We will be staying for a week in July and have never used Cyprus Point before. The rental site had a good reviews for cleanliness, etc. I would love to hear any comments about when you recently stayed and also about local restaurant options. We've stayed off-site elsewhere before so we have an idea, but just curious what is close to this particular resort. We will be traveling with a 10 & 11 year old. Thanks!

We've stayed at Cypress Pointe several times in the past and have always enjoyed our stays. We get groceries at the Winn Dixie just down the street (great bakery and fried chicken) and stop for deli sandwiches at Wawa also just down the street. They have a cute free mini golf course for resort guests and a chatty macaw named Charlie in the lobby.

Last edited:
I'm assuming spelling ?? that you are talking about "Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort"

We have stayed here at least five times. Last was December of 2019 pre-covid. Villas are spacious and nice. The two bedroom has a large master bedroom. The second bedroom is relatively small. There is a hydabed too, but I haven't used that. If we have needed to sleep more people, I usually get a three bedroom instead of the two bedroom. If you are getting a three bedroom you get another king room. Note that in the lockout the bathroom (third bedroom if you are getting a three bedroom) is open to the rest of the room, so for privacy you need to lock the master bedroom door.

The units are very spacious with large kitchen/dining room/living room area. There is a screened in patio or balcony off of that area and master which is super nice for sitting out. There is a table and chairs out there.

Pools are warm and great for swimming. There is a mini grocery / snack bar. If I have a rental car, I usually don't use that and do regular grocery store runs. Last time I just used uber and lyft (no rental car), so it was nice to have that even with the higher prices for extra little items I needed (less expensive than doing an upber to Walgreens or a grocery store). You can play tennis or pickle ball there. They also have shuffleboard and a club house. We had a lot of fun playing shuffleboard last time.

You are close to tons of chain restaurants and Disney Springs is not that far away either. Just use google maps and put in nearby restaurants and nearby fast food and nearby grocery stores to see all the stuff that is around. Feel free to ask other specific questions assuming we are talking about the same place. If you are not asking about "Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort" please disregard this post of course.

I'm assuming spelling ?? that you are talking about "Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort"

We have stayed here at least five times. Last was December of 2019 pre-covid. Villas are spacious and nice. The two bedroom has a large master bedroom. The second bedroom is relatively small. There is a hydabed too, but I haven't used that. If we have needed to sleep more people, I usually get a three bedroom instead of the two bedroom. If you are getting a three bedroom you get another king room. Note that in the lockout the bathroom (third bedroom if you are getting a three bedroom) is open to the rest of the room, so for privacy you need to lock the master bedroom door.

The units are very spacious with large kitchen/dining room/living room area. There is a screened in patio or balcony off of that area and master which is super nice for sitting out. There is a table and chairs out there.

Pools are warm and great for swimming. There is a mini grocery / snack bar. If I have a rental car, I usually don't use that and do regular grocery store runs. Last time I just used uber and lyft (no rental car), so it was nice to have that even with the higher prices for extra little items I needed (less expensive than doing an upber to Walgreens or a grocery store). You can play tennis or pickle ball there. They also have shuffleboard and a club house. We had a lot of fun playing shuffleboard last time.

You are close to tons of chain restaurants and Disney Springs is not that far away either. Just use google maps and put in nearby restaurants and nearby fast food and nearby grocery stores to see all the stuff that is around. Feel free to ask other specific questions assuming we are talking about the same place. If you are not asking about "Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort" please disregard this post of course.

Thank you SO much...this is extremely helpful! I've been trying to scour reviews and the only thing I have seen in a negative sense is that parking can be a problem sometimes? Did you ever experience that?

Thank you!!!

We've stayed at Cypress Pointe several times in the past and have always enjoyed our stays. We get groceries at the Winn Dixie just down the street (great bakery and fried chicken) and stop for deli sandwiches at Wawa also just down the street. They have a cute free mini golf course for resort guests and a chatty macaw named Charlie in the lobby.

Welp....sounds like I'll be losing my husband to the Winn Dixie! hahaha We are also huge Wawa fans so that will be great. I'm already super excited to meet Charlie! <3

Thank you SO much...this is extremely helpful! I've been trying to scour reviews and the only thing I have seen in a negative sense is that parking can be a problem sometimes? Did you ever experience that?
I don't recall any issues with parking. If you come back late, you might not be able to park immediately in front of the condo and may have a short walk, but I don't recall having had any issues finding a spot.

Does this place charge for parking? Disney deciding the charge for parking at the on-site resorts was the straw that broke the camel's back for us.

Since you asked about parking, I thought I'd mention that this resort may have a daily resort fee.

Since you asked about parking, I thought I'd mention that this resort may have a daily resort fee.

Thank you. I looked yesterday and I think we chose a different place. Maybe not as nice but it does have an excellent (9+) rating on Booking.com and it looks great. Plus it is just $900 for a two bedroom suite for 7 nights. :)

Thank you. I looked yesterday and I think we chose a different place. Maybe not as nice but it does have an excellent (9+) rating on Booking.com and it looks great. Plus it is just $900 for a two bedroom suite for 7 nights. :)
If you don't mind my asking, where did you decide to stay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter