• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about Embassy Suites South!

chimo2u

DIS Veteran
About my trip: Planning on taking my DS16 and his Best Friend(16) to Disneyland next FEB 2-8 ( Teacher Convention is Feb 6,7, so they miss only 3 school days) Planning to Arrive on a Sunday Feb 2, 2014 and Depart on a Sat Feb 8.
I have finally narrowed it down to Embassy Suites South for our arrival night, and for Mon / Tue to do Universal and Knotts Berry Farm. We will transfer to DLH for the last three nights to do Disney and end our trip on a ONSITE Disney High :thumbsup2
I like the looks of the Embassy suites for the boys to have a separate sleeping/tv watching area from me.....I will get a KING bed all to myself :) and a DOOR that I can escape earlier from them if needed. The Breakfast sounds amazing with two teens, that is a definite PLUS! I am thinking of a higher floor, corner Fireworks view room.
if you've stayed at ESS, what made you love it and think it was a great place to stay? If I could swing it, I'd stay ONSITE the whole 6 nights, but that's just too costly! Splitting with ESS gives us the best of both worlds, and the chance to still experience DLH for our Disney Portion of our trip!
Thanks!

We have stayed here a few times and it was great. We loved having the separate area for our DS and the breakfast is fabulous. The pool is smallish, but my son didn't care and enjoyed it anyway. There is a Bucca De Beppo in the parking lot too that we really enjoyed, and Target across the street was handy also.

We stayed there in 2009 and loved it! There is a review about that trip with pics in the link in my sig.

Embassy Suites are great. We've stayed at several because their made-to-order breakfasts are so much better than the continental stuff at other hotels.

And yes, having a door separating you from the guys is a good idea too.

I stayed there in October 2009 and LOVED it! One room had two very comfy queen beds and the attached room had a pull out. Both rooms had TV's and the bathroom was spacious. The breakfast is AMAZING. Omelets made to order, pancakes, cereal, etc! Very nice and comfortable. Definitely worth paying for parking.

We stayed there with our two teens a couple of years ago and loved it. I'm not sure why, but they upgraded us to a higher floor, Disney view room, which was nice! We also had a king bed, and liked that we could close the door, the kids slept on the pull out sofa. The breakfast is good and has a lot of variety! Made to order omelets, breakfast meats, yogurt, cereal, fresh fruit, pastries, juices, coffee, etc. There's also a roaring lion in the atrium! :eek:

Smallish pool, but nice patio area with hot tub and pool chairs...there's also a manager's reception in the atrium area with chips & salsa and other snacks and you can get "free" drinks which most people would tip a buck or something for. Sodas are free.

There is a Bucca De Beppo italian restaurant right in the parking lot directly across from the hotel that we went to two times, very good family style meals! :dance3:

There's also a Disney desk in the lobby area that you can buy Disney park hoppers at, or get info.

You will love it! It's very comfortable, have fun!!

Kelly

Disney should offer breakfast for people staying on site to, As much as we pay for the rooms. Throw us a bone,

We stayed there a few months ago and had a great experience! Clean and very nice service. The breakfast was great, and will be even better for your teenage boys who eat a ton I'm sure. We also enjoyed the evening snacks and drinks a few nights.

The only bad thing is that it's not within walking distance. While we didn't have to wait long for the shuttle, it still seemed to take too much time out of our day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter