Tell me about Emerald Aisle please

Nadine and Fred

<br>DIS Veteran
I ,like everyone else have been shocked and dismayed at rental car prices for our March 2002 WDW trip. I have been joining every and all of the rental car "clubs" hoping that one of them will come up with a slightly lower rate. I religiously read Mousesavers and ended up joining Emerald Aisle. What will this give me? If I rent a compact, does it allow me to pick something bigger?? Thanks

I ,like everyone else have been shocked and dismayed at rental car prices for our March 2002 WDW trip. I have been joining every and all of the rental car "clubs" hoping that one of them will come up with a slightly lower rate. I religiously read Mousesavers and ended up joining Emerald Aisle. What will this give me? If I rent a compact, does it allow me to pick something bigger?? Thanks

I rented with National Emerald Choice at the Orlando International Airport a couple weeks ago. Upon arrival at MCO, you go to baggage claim and get your luggage. Then you go down one level, out the doors and over to the garage. We were in terminal B, so National was on the first level on the left side. We went right to the luxury aisle (we reserved luxury, there's an aisle for every car class, as well as an "Emerald Aisle" --- you can use it when you rent an intermediate or full size, and hope to get something bigger, but everything I saw on the aisle I really wouldn't even consider a full size) and were able to choose any car on the aisle. There were two, both Buick Park Avenues. We loading our luggage in in, then drove over to the kiosk, and had the car checked out, and we were on our way within minutes! It is the easiest way to rent a car!

what am I doing wrong?? When I click on the link, it just brings me to the Discussion pages home page..thanks

oops you're right, the link is bad. Must have happened when they changed servers?

Basically, EA gives you the ability to skip the counter and go right out to the Emerald Aisle, grab your car and checkout at the booth when you're driving away. While there is a chance that you can get a larger car then reserved, it is not guaranteed.

The EA is only for reserving intermediate or full size cars, usually the same price. If you get to the aisle and there's a convertible or an SUV, it's yours. If not, you are at least guaranteed what you reserve.

If you want a compact, you can still bypass the counter and go to the compact "Emerald Choice" aisle. Choose any compact and you're on your way.

The link in the FAQ at the top of the board has been corrected - - - -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter