Tell me about Enchanted Tales with Belle

Capang

DIS Veteran
On our last trip we skipped this. What is this all about and how long does it generally take? DD is 4 and loves Belle. :love:Thanks!

If you have a shy child push them to get a "part" in the play...

That sounded jerky! I just meant DD is super shy but fine if I kinda nudge her... We had no idea that once you left the first room and went into the library you couldn't "change your mind"...

It was a waste for us because DD didn't want to be part of it at first and then cried when she realized she could have been...

You go into a room and each child is given "parts" to act out as the story of Belle... Then each child gets a picture with Belle at the end...

Last edited:
It's a really cute show. They pick kids (and adults) to act out the story of Beauty and the Beast. If you daughter loves Belle, I would say go for it, but a FP would be much better. We had fastpasses for on our last trip and we were the first ones in and my daughter was the first one chosen for a part. I would say it took about 20 minutes.

The last time we saw it, when we left MK that afternoon, 2 of the little girls from our group were on the monorail with us. When we told them how good they were with Belle, they were surprised and giggled. Their parents teased them that now they were famous - at least with a couple of people! Great fun show. Simple, but fun.

For my family, DD8, DD5 and DS7, it is definitely a unique and fun experience. We have done this multiple times (once straight out of the exit and back into line) and it never gets old. My kids have been different characters and loved each one. Don't shy away from it if you have boys. My son played the Beast one time and was over the moon because part of his responsibility was to roar and scare Belle. For our family, it is probably number 1 of all the New Fantasyland Expansion (double spinner Dumbo and the play/wait area are a close second).

My daughter is a pretty independent 2.5 year old as long as she has mommy close by to run to if she needs me (if that makes sense.) She is also not scared of the princesses and likes walking up to them on her own for pictures at the princess hall. We have not done ETWB yet and I worry that standing on her own for the "parts" will be too much to ask of her. She's begging to meet Belle. My ideas were to have her be a piece of silverware that gets picked at the end...can she sit with me for that? OR just skip it and take her to a princess breakfast??
I'm 99% sure my husband will get picked as a knight if he is there as he's a pretty tall imposing dude and raises his hand to volunteer for most things.

My daughter is a pretty independent 2.5 year old as long as she has mommy close by to run to if she needs me (if that makes sense.) She is also not scared of the princesses and likes walking up to them on her own for pictures at the princess hall. We have not done ETWB yet and I worry that standing on her own for the "parts" will be too much to ask of her. She's begging to meet Belle. My ideas were to have her be a piece of silverware that gets picked at the end...can she sit with me for that? OR just skip it and take her to a princess breakfast??
I'm 99% sure my husband will get picked as a knight if he is there as he's a pretty tall imposing dude and raises his hand to volunteer for most things.

For Belle, kids who are too shy to stand up and perform, even the silverware, they get a chance to hug and take a photo with Belle at the end. At least that's what they did with my 2.5 yo nephew.

Do all kids get a pic with Belle or just the ones that act in the story? This sounds like a really fun show.

Do all kids get a pic with Belle or just the ones that act in the story?

Yes - everyone can get a picture next to Belle (and there's a PhotoPass photographer there, and you can use your own camera too) even if you are not in the cast. Just make sure that once the lining up (of the 'cast' kids) starts, to get your kid in one of the 2 lines. It moves along and then its over and you are all dismissed. Make sure they scan your magicband - you will get many photos from your session, not just your child.

And, everyone can be in the cast who wants to be: they have a ton of extra "dishes" (cardboard cut outs) they offer up at the end of casting to anyone who didn't get a part yet. (Well, we've gone quiet park days and Presidents week in Feb., but not crowd level 10 days - maybe there is some limit to cast member number but I've never seen it. Seems about half the kids at each show are too shy to want to be in it (including my child).)

2 dads get to be sentries!

Oh we are so doing this. DH and DD sing the Beaty and the Beast songs (and all the other disney prince/princess duets) nightly. Although I'm not supposed to tell anyone that....:rolleyes1

My DD who was 2.5 at the time played the part of a pepper shaker. No lines or actions that she was required to perform, just got to hold something and feel included. It was an adorable little show.

If you have a little Belle it is a great experience. Last time I went there was a little one dressed like belle and they chose her to be beast. At the end belle crouched on the ground to talk to her and you would have thought the little one saw her hero :)

Would this be doable for someone with limited mobility? My uncle is 80 and is joining us. His request that he not sit on the floor like the HS disney jr show. Is there anywhere for people to sit or is everyone standing or sitting on the floor? He is able to move just fine, he just can't sit on floors or stand for extended periods of time.

I'm 28 and they got me and DH to be suits of armor and we didn't ask to be in the show! So you never know!

Would this be doable for someone with limited mobility? My uncle is 80 and is joining us. His request that he not sit on the floor like the HS disney jr show. Is there anywhere for people to sit or is everyone standing or sitting on the floor? He is able to move just fine, he just can't sit on floors or stand for extended periods of time.
I'm pretty sure there are benches for everyone to sit on. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

He would be fine. You are required to stand in the room where they choose the cast, but that doesn't take very long. Once you move into the "performance" room, there are benches. They seem to do a good job controlling the crowd (it's a small event), so when we were there, everyone had a place to sit.

ETWB is adorable, definitely a highlight of our last trip. My DW and I were both crying (with joy!) over how sweet it was. My DD5 isn't the type to jump up and volunteer, but she was cast as a piece of silverware so she got to participate. I'd definitely recommend encouraging even shy kids to get a part, but if they absolutely don't want to they are still able to meet Belle and get a photo with her at the end. The kids also get a bookmark with Belle on it that says "Thank you for being a part of my story" (or something to that effect); it's a nice little souvenir.

Sounds like a lot of fun for the kids! Anyone have thoughts on if it's worthwhile to do during an adults-only trip?

Now I am even more excited to see this! We are going in 3 weeks for the first time with our kids and my DD loves Belle! Thanks for sharing! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter