Tell me about Hollywood Brown Derby?

We like it and have had good luck with good food. If you are going at a popular time, the wait for your table can take quite a while, and the meal service itself always seems to be pretty slow. It isn't the type of slow service that is "bad" service. But it is kind of drawn out - so make sure you aren't booking a meal too close to an expiring FP or when you are short on time.

Best TS in HS, hands down! Pricier than other other places, but I would much rather spend $55 here than $55 at H&V.

If you want Fantasmic!, it will be a three course meal that costs $65. You can really maximize your meal based on what you order.

If you truly have your heart set on Yachtsman, I do not think dress attire will be a huge issue. Resort signatures have that disclaimer, but I have definitely seen people not abide by it let in, no questions asked (most recently at Narcoossee's). It's not V&A.

Now that is just wrong; what a rip-off. I suppose you could get an appetizer via the Fantasmic package, though not sure if that limits you as to entrees and desserts.

I don't know that I would call it a rip-off. The dining plans are not really meant to save YOU money; they are to make money for Disney. They are definitely a "be an informed consumer" choice, IMHO.

Yes, you would get an app with the F! pkg, but the cost of the pkg OOP is only $65, and those 2 TS credits are worth about $80 if using the regular DDP, so still not a good choice. For people on the DxDDP, the TS credits are worth about $31 each, so the F! pkg is at least a break even for them.

Dined there last week. Had the filet of beef and it was cooked perfectly. We also had the cobb salad and the corn soup which were both very good. Yes, its a little on the pricey side but I felt it was definitley worth it. I've eaten at Yachtsman few years ago which has a bit more to offer on its menu compared to brown derby which I agree with others has been cut back over the years thanks to ddp.

We ate at both places last month. We liked both. HBD was a nice relaxing meal out of the hot park and got us fantasmic seats without a wait. I don't like the cob salad.we were on the DDP and there was no restrictions on what we ordered but the mini dessert was our only option for dessert. YM is in a whole other world. Better service and fantastic food. One note is the the dress at the YM has become way less regulated. We saw tons of people in park clothes.

Best TS in HS, hands down! Pricier than other other places, but I would much rather spend $55 here than $55 at H&V.

If you want Fantasmic!, it will be a three course meal that costs $65. You can really maximize your meal based on what you order.

If you truly have your heart set on Yachtsman, I do not think dress attire will be a huge issue. Resort signatures have that disclaimer, but I have definitely seen people not abide by it let in, no questions asked (most recently at Narcoossee's). It's not V&A.

I actually figured out a way to keep Yachtman's and Drop Le Cellier instead. I Didn't see replacing Yachtman's with Hollywood Brown Derby but there was another night where it was easier for us to put on More decent clothes and go there. I did have to drop Le Cellier though. But we have a lot of signatures planned and I don't think we will miss it to much. Also it is one I would be more likely to go do on another trip with the regular plan one night so I am sure we will get to Le Cellier one day.

I actually figured out a way to keep Yachtman's and Drop Le Cellier instead. I Didn't see replacing Yachtman's with Hollywood Brown Derby but there was another night where it was easier for us to put on More decent clothes and go there. I did have to drop Le Cellier though. But we have a lot of signatures planned and I don't think we will miss it to much. Also it is one I would be more likely to go do on another trip with the regular plan one night so I am sure we will get to Le Cellier one day.
Glad you were able to make it work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter