• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell Me about November!

Jo-Anne

DIS Veteran
We have travelled to WDW at least 6 times in Sept. We really love how uncrowded the parks are and the kids love that they get a lot of swim time! This year due to my work projects, we can't get away until November. I know to stay away from the US Thanksgiving week, but wondering what its like from Nov 1 ~20. Is it really still quite warm? How are the crowds? Are there other holidays or big events during that time that would make parks more crowded? Are park hours similar to Sept?? Thanks, Jo

The best thing about November?

My family will be there!!!!!!

November is usually good weather, and low crowds (prior to Thanksgiving).

Parks do tend to close fairly early. We just know that Epcot is always good to go to when the other parks close.

Usually one water park closed for rehab.

I'm not sure about the weeks leading up to Turkey day but I've been twice for the week after and it is really quiet. Crowds leave starting Sunday afternoon and then you have all the rides to yourself it seems!!! Weather was not hot - even slightly chilly in the AM and at night but it sure beat the Northeast! Had no complaints about it being to cold to swim - but then again what kid would complain about swimming.....

We have always gone the week before Thanksgiving and it has been very nice. Warm during the day (shorts and shirt) but cooler in the evening so I always carry swearshirts in the backpack. Crowds have been very nice. Have never encountered too many long lines. Some popular rides we have even walked right on. Have a great time!

Especially the first week. If you are there on the 4th, you can celebrate my birthday with me! We are having breakfast at Pooh's (CP) and dinner at Cindy's! So just let me know how many to add to my PS :) :)

Seriously, November is a great time. The days are still very warm and pleasant, and I dont remember the nights being too chilly except on the boat back across the 7 seas lagoon. From what I understand, Jersey week is the second week of November this year, so you could expect Slightly larger crowds, but it was the first week last year and it was still quite manageable. The longest wait we had for any ride when we were there the 1-5th last year was maybe 45 minutes, and that was rare. The food and wine festival will still be going on at Epcot the first week or two, and that is fun also.

All in all, I highly recommend November. We just booked a 5nighter at the POP for then ourselves. Look forward to seeing ya there!

We find November crowds have been significantly less than September crowds. The weather is more temperate, but generally still plenty warm to swim. Parks do tend to close earlier, but with planning and use of the evening EMH it should still make for a long enough day. We did visit inadvertantly last year during Jersy week...crowds increased somewhat but were still manageable.

I anticipate that crowds this year will be up...the new MYW marketing strategy seems to be working very well, but it is still IMHO one of the best times of the year to visit....if you like September, you will LOVE November!!

(we'll be at the CR from 11/2 - 11/8....can't wait!!)

We're getting married at WDW on Nov 6, so I'm sure the weather will be GORGEOUS that day. :)

(Here's hoping.)

Anyway, we picked that time of year for low crowds and good weather. Christmas decorations start going up gradually in early to mid November.

We have gone the last few years in November and it is great. There isn't much rain and it is always warm, but not scorching hot. We stopped going in December because we couldn't depend on the weather. One year we all had to wear hats and mittens. I get enough of that living in New England!
princess: pirate: :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter