Tell Me About Pirates League

Petals & Pixie Dust

DIS Veteran
If you ask DS, his favorite Disney character is Jack Sparrow. So, this begs the question...To do or not do Pirates League. Tell me was this worth it for your boy? Worth the money? Did they like it? Have fun? What are the chances of us getting in just walking up?
My biggest challenge will be keeping him out of character the rest of the day pirate:

We did Pirates League for both DD8 and DS10 this past October before MNSSHP. My kiddos both absolutely LOVED it. For us, it was totally worthy the money. We did make our appointments in advance, but I don't remember how far ahead of time I made them.

My 6 year old boy and 8 year old girl love it! We book as late in the afternoon as possible so they are not sweltering in the heat and having their make up run. This lets them have fun in the evening and enjoy being a pirate! The experience is always fun for my kids and the staff there are great. We have been every year for the past 5 or 6 years, we usually tie it in to MNSSH Party to make it extra fun! We don't do the the entire outfit, we do the basic make up and sword for pirate, and the mermaid siren and sash. Kids have a great time!

BOOKED IT! For both DS and myself. LOL Figured why not join in the fun. We have an early appt...He is at such a great place right now with his imagination this is either going to be awesome fun or I'm going to be living with a pirate for the day...Hope we bump into Jack. That will put him over the moon!

You will not regret it!

The Secret Captain's quarters! ;o)

-NXNLoOFS5v-nsfeXkyORzsyZf0AFkYyAh-KIaFFEpVvQXViwjJpn4RSXvBAe4OOGKnOrckJaFgpQfOCsuq_gsntqh571nF38BZ7Rp3bP2WkCIVeT5Otipv2yfnetCyUN2pErGSkKw=w2400

Awesome theming and CM's....

wBnjRzqPbnvENlkuOZ74TVGtzapdZTvDOoq0d9xL8NKHXgoSKU0v3RI5hQJaL_AVa4u3x43PcdZZ2TlVGvVXCxmi9vSGSAmQmlFxfYG7h_1iL9K57ZzE9Bw22suOKyUYRBqxfzmQ0g=w2400

So excited! Thank you for sharing the pictures...When do we see this??? Since we are both booked-will we be able to go in together?

You will have your make overs in the same room, you will then be taken into the Captains Quarters together and you will have to search for a prize! Not going to tell you where to look though, that will spoil the fun ;o)

Our two kiddos did this on our trip in November (ages 4 and 7). They both really liked it, and I thought it was a really fun thing for the $$. My daughter went with the empress pirate thing and my son got a funny beard look. They really do hype it up, there are quite a few elements I wasn't expecting (I won't spoil it!) that were extra fun and made it feel more like an event.

We did book in advance, I would certainly recommend it. We did the ride right after and they had a lot of fun with that.

Also - there are no Photopass pictures, so take plenty of your own.

My son loved it. He got hot in the costume after a while but loved walking around in the makeup. His makeup was Captain Hook and when Peter Pan saw him walking in Fantasyland he called my son a “Sneeky Snook”. It took a while for my son to come out of the clouds after that!

bummed to hear that there wasn't a photo pass around...We fast passed the Tinkerbelle meet and greet...Hoping to have some fun there!

Be on the look out in that area. We have twice had photopass photographers come up to us with the kids in their pirate make up and offer to take their picture. We have one on the stage and one right across from pirates league. I don't know if they use it as a training area or if they just have more roving photographers there but it's nice to have Adventureland pics with them in the makeup. It doesn't help with pics in PL of course but since you are both doing it, I'm sure the CMs there would take a few pictures with your camera if you asked them.

We did it when my two boys were 3 and 5. They LOVED it. So much so, that my 5 year old was expressionless in all of my photos, he was in shock and disbelief! I splurged for the full costumes, under the contingency that they would be used again for Halloween (and they were). I did bring pirate t-shirts from Etsy for them to change into when they got tired of the costumes, and I also brought makeup remover wipes because I had the dessert party booked and I wasn't sure how long the makeup would last. There was a downpour at 4pm, and the makeup ended up being a disaster after that, especially for the one who got the skeleton look (mostly black). I took them in the bathroom and tried to clean them up before we went to the dessert party but they both had raccoon eyes until they got back to the hotel and had a bath. So all in all, it was quite messy but it was a great memory. I did luckily find a photopass photographer as we were exiting the Pirates League. He didn't spend much time with them, even though there was no one else around waiting, but we did get a couple of shots in front of the sign that says "Pirates League". I'm very glad we did it, but its not something we would do every trip. This year, we are planning on doing the Pirates Adventure Cruise at the Caribbean to get our pirate fix.

BOOKED IT! For both DS and myself. LOL Figured why not join in the fun. We have an early appt...He is at such a great place right now with his imagination this is either going to be awesome fun or I'm going to be living with a pirate for the day...Hope we bump into Jack. That will put him over the moon!
Not sure Jack is still around or not now that pirates tutorial is kaput

Ohhh! There's a prize...DS is going to love it. So, any pictures of adult make up...This ought to be fun! LOL
Adult make up is the same as the kids

Last edited:
Not sure Jack is still around or not now that pirates adventure is kaput

Adult make up is the same as the kids

Jack is still around, according to Kenny the Pirate.

And just to prevent confusion, Pirate Tutorial (the show) is no longer. Pirate Adventure (the scavenger hunt in Adventureland) is still going.

Um ok..Tell me about the Pirate Adventure in Adventureland, please!

It's similar to Agent P in Epcot only it's pirate themed in adventureland. You get a map and follow the clues to find various places that tell you the story of the mission. For each two missions you complete you get a FP to PotC (or at least that was more or less the case in May). It's fun. You find that there are neat things hiding in plain sight in Adventureland.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/pirates-adventures/

OK Question number 45,465,823,212+1

We got the Capt. Hook package so he could get the costume (will work well for pirate night on our cruise at the end of the year and maybe even Halloween depending. I'll just size it up)
Anyway, he is a huge Jack fan. Will he get to pick his costume or will he just get the Capt. Hook costume?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter