Tell me about Pop bus service..

Shellyb84

DIS Veteran
Considering a 4 night stay at Pop. It's either Pop or CSR. I know the obvious differences between values and mods but curious how everyone's experience has been with the bus service at Pop overall. Of course experiences vary but we've always had great bus service at CSR (stayed there 3 times). CSR would be $272 more and I'm just not sure it's worth it for a short trip.

POP has been my favorite value and CSR my favorite moderate ...
and one reason is they both have very good bus service.

Of course ANY resort can have a transportation glitch and not be perfect,
but with around 20 POP stays and 8-9 CSR stays, both have been good.

Bus would not factor into choosing between the two.

We stayed at Pop in Nov 2015 and that's where I'll be headed on my next WDWtrip. One of the main reasons is the dedicated bus service, although we loved the resort as a whole as well! The only issue we had was going to Disney Springs. It was a very long wait so we ended up taking an Uber because we had a BBB appointment to get to. I don't know if the DS busses are less frequent at all the resorts or if it was just a glitch that day but we waited at least 30 minutes or longer which was not the case for any of the other busses. We had great luck with the bus service the rest of the trip.

CSR bus service was okay. But Pop's bus service has always been quick and efficient for me. No complaints and we've stayed multiple times. :)

The only negative I have about the bus service at the Pop is how far the bus stations are away from the front of the parks. It is typically the one the most farthest away! It can make for a bit of a walk at the end of the night when you are already tired. CSR has great bus stop locations at all of the parks, right near the front.

The only negative I have about the bus service at the Pop is how far the bus stations are away from the front of the parks. It is typically the one the most farthest away! It can make for a bit of a walk at the end of the night when you are already tired. CSR has great bus stop locations at all of the parks, right near the front.

While I would agree with this for a longer trip, since the OP said it's a short trip and Pop would save them $272, I would probably consider the slight inconvenience at the end of the day to be something I could live with. I find on short trips I spend more time in the parks than I do on longer trips, so spending extra money on the hotel for a short trip has never seemed like the best option. I say this as someone who will actually be spending two ten day trips at Pop this year to save some money (just bought a new car, so pulling back on the vacation spending a bit this year) and carefully considered the location of the bus stops when making my decision. I do agree that having the option of hopping on the AoA bus is a nice perk (or vice versa when I stay at AoA).

We were there last week and buses were great. Many time they had the new double buses for POP. We never waited very long

The busses were alright this past trip. I thought they were a little crowded especially if you'll be seeing shows like Illuminations. Sometimes we had to wait two-three busses to get back to Pop. Its a preference for some not to wait (which I can't say I blame). It is generally the farthest out from your park gate. So, there's lots to consider.

Considering a 4 night stay at Pop. It's either Pop or CSR. I know the obvious differences between values and mods but curious how everyone's experience has been with the bus service at Pop overall. Of course experiences vary but we've always had great bus service at CSR (stayed there 3 times). CSR would be $272 more and I'm just not sure it's worth it for a short trip.

I'd say Pop has one of the best transportation options. We've stayed at All-Stars, POR, CBR, Contemporary, and Pop (all but CBR multiple times) and def. had the best bus transportation with Pop. They don't share and there's only 1 stop. It's not my favorite resort, even in the values, but def. has the best bus transportation in our view.

But, those can change at any time.

Fun story: my husband and I went to Disney World for the first time two years ago (going back in 3 weeks! YAY!) and stayed at Pop Century. I had done all the research and reserving and the hanging out in these forums so he knew nothing going in as he wanted to be surprised. Four days in or so he comments on how Pop Century is the largest hotel on property and that's why we always had the quickest, best, most frequent buses compared to all the others :rotfl2: (we had had ADRs at deluxes at this point and were comparing bus service). I was like, "uhhh NO." He was SO shocked!!!

So in summary, I had chosen Pop Century because of their awesome bus service reviews and it turns out every bit of it was true. We felt so spoiled with the buses. I think after MNSSHP it was packed and rainy and we were able to hop on the AoA bus as it came first - that saves so much time too. Just being able to hop on either bus!

We loved Pop Century and are staying there again this trip! There are so many fun ways to spend money at Disney and with Pop being so great we see no sense in spending more on accommodations.

We did a split stay Pop/AKL last April, and the bus service at Pop was way superior in my opinion. We never waited more than 10 minutes at Pop for a bus, and we waited over 45 minutes at AKL, and with no roped off line, people who moseyed up to the bus stop as the bus pulled up to the curb just walked on the bus before a lot of us who had been waiting a long time. AND AKL Jambo and Kidani shared buses, so it was generally mostly full before it even arrived at Jambo where we were waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter