Tell me about Rock 'n' Roller Coaster... I don't like launches!

I Love this coaster! last year my 6 year old was finally tall enough to ride it and cried at the launch but started laughing after the first loop and screaming Woo Hoo! as loud as she could! Im very happy she loves it as much as I do! My youngest isn't tall enough yet but I'm sure she will love it also since she loves ToT! Now to convince my wife to ride it lol

When it comes to this ride it sounds like your 6 yr old is my mini me:dogdance:

I recommend holding onto the very secure feeling harness and screaming as the light turns green for launch.

This coaster launches and goes up if I recall (it’s been all of 17 days since I was on it? Why can’t i recall?). I think that this helps prevent the stomach drop feeling. This may be why California screaming is okay for you as well - because you launch straight, not down.

I absolutely hate drops - and that feeling or dropping or falling or being pulled down is not fun for me...but RnR is good.

Its funny. I hate coasters but I will do them at Disney World. Now that I have been there a few times, each time I held on less and less and just really tried to enjoy it. I use to close my eyes all the world, hold on right. Not anytime. Now I just let my body be free

I plan on doing that for Rock and Roller coaster this year.

I will NEVER, and I mean NEVER do TOT though. I hate drop feelings
Me too! I feel as though the Coasters at Disney are more fun, less scary. Yes, there is a 'Rush', it's a ride! But its not OMG that was so ssscccary. What I like less are the motion rides like TOT, even Soarin makes me a bit queasy. Rockin Roller Coaster is hands down my favorite ride at WDW, though I heard they changed the music!!! Hope it is AS GOOD as in the past! lol

I do not like the launch aspect of RnRC. At all. That being said, it is nowhere near the terror inducing, stomach (not excatly) dropping, launch sequence that one gets with Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point. Which is, literally, the worst ride I have ever been on, and I am ashamed to admit, I spent hours (like, more than 3) in line to do so.

So, RnRC? Not that bad. But not particularly good. We skipped it entirely last trip (with the somewhat lame excuse that DD was not yet tall enough to ride). We did not miss it.

May I one up you? :)

Lightning Rod at Dollywood. INSANITY. We actually had to leave the park and take naps afterwards. :rotfl: You just had no idea what was happening on the ride, it went so fast.

We went in 2016. We were lucky because it was closed more often than open. Apparently it went so fast that later in the day they would shut it down because the speed just kept increasing to the point of being dangerous.

I just read now that they have slowed it down a bunch. Shame.

I absolutely love the launch on RnR, but it is VERY intense. I'm always screaming with eyes screwed shut and mouth wide open in the picture.

I hate to discourage you from riding, but based on what you've said, I worry you may find it unpleasant. I love the sensation of it but can see how it'd be very uncomfortable or even painful for others.

It's a quick take off but hmmm I would never call this painful. Dinosaur was more jerky but I also laughed through that one.
RnR launch ...................................once you realize your still alive after take off you will scream out in relief like you reached/climbed a mountain and survived. LOL

I agree with the others. If you don't like launch coasters then you should avoid this one. It's pretty intense. About the closest I've found to catapulting off an aircraft carrier. No where near as intense at that but it gives you an idea of what it's like.

I don't ride coasters at any other park besides Disney -- and RnR is my favorite coaster at Disney. Yes the launch is intense for me but it's what amps you up for the remainder of the ride. I think without it the ride wouldn't be as popular.

I agree with the others. If you don't like launch coasters then you should avoid this one. It's pretty intense. About the closest I've found to catapulting off an aircraft carrier. No where near as intense at that but it gives you an idea of what it's like.

The OP likes the launch at California Screaming...I think that the comparison to an Carrier Launch is a bit extreme!!!

If you don't like that feeling then I wouldn't go on.
0-60mph in 2.8 seconds.
I've been on much more intense coasters and I still feel the amazing stomach feeling during the RNRC launch just like the feeling I get during the TOT drops.
I went on it and i am no coaster fan. it seemed smooth to me. the first thing in the dark is a short cork screw one revolution real quick.

just rode it a few days ago, I had my head firmly in the headrest, but found it very bumpy for my head, gave me a headache!

It's pretty dark. Hold on tight and try to keep breathing and you'll be ok. I'm good with some roller coasters and some I'm not. I rode this 2 years ago.. the take off got me... then few hours later I opted for waiting as my teen did single passenger quick ride. In 4 weeks when we fo back to Disney I'll do it again IF you do it. Deal?

Its funny. I hate coasters but I will do them at Disney World. Now that I have been there a few times, each time I held on less and less and just really tried to enjoy it. I use to close my eyes all the world, hold on right. Not anytime. Now I just let my body be free

I plan on doing that for Rock and Roller coaster this year.

I will NEVER, and I mean NEVER do TOT though. I hate drop feelings
I love tower of terror.. maybe it's partially because you sort of indoors.

I squint my eyes, scream the whole time, and have a death grip on the restraint handles :rotfl:I don't have issues with motion sickness or getting sick at all on rides, but at some point in my life I decided I hated going upside down. The thought of it just scares me. I ride RnRC because it's hubby's favorite ride (really I think he just likes to see me act like a fool :rotfl2:) and he rides ToT with me (my favorite)

I ALWAYS ask for the back on RnRC. The very front took my breath away when I was 12ish... and I didn't ride again until last year (10 years later!)

Can you guess which one is me :rotfl:
IMG_6478.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter