Tell me about SL GF - will I be disappointed downgrading from DLH?

RoseBug

<font color=royalblue>I'm a Geordie, we don't own
Edit: ***STAYING AT DLH! We just called one last time to try to change the deal, in order to stay at the DLH and managed it! The woman hubby spoke to today was lovely, she had it all sorted in 10 minutes, no admin fee and no problems. Hubby said the second he got through to her he knew it would be a different story today! So, I know we don't get the hot breakfasts anymore and the private lounge etc. that we would have got at SLGF but we get to stay at DLH, and for us it is MUCH easier due to distance etc. and it will be a HUGE surprise for my mum and daughter plus premium meal plan which means we can eat at our favourite restaurants without worrying.***

Looks like we are going to have to downgrade, WDTC are being very awkward about us changing our booking/adding my mum, so going to have to lose deposit and rebook. As a result we can really only justify SL GF, but worried it just won't match up to our expectations (ridiculous I know, we just love DLH and have very special memories there).

What are the check in areas/lounges/rooms like? Are they just 'add ons' like admirals floor used to seem to be or are they properly planned spaces? What extras will we get? What is service like? Is staying at DLH worth an extra £500 (best case if WDTC play ball) or £800 (if they won't)?

I really want to stay at DLH but £500/£800 would pay for our summer holiday and we have also just booked (paid deposit so it's a go) a surprise Disney Cruise so trying to convince myself that I will love SLGF!

Would love photos of GF bits and bobs!

Thanks

Last edited:
Can't really help because we've not stayed at Sequoia Lodge yet - we're booked there for October in a GF room. All I can say is that we stayed at Newport Bay after the DLH and loved it, so I'm sure we won't mind slumming it at SL! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We love the DLH but it is so expensive - if I were you I'd be using the £500 or £800 for a summer break! From what I've read the vast majority of people seem to enjoy GF and think it's worth paying for it over a standard room. Have you seen this SL walkthrough on Youtube? The GF room lounge looks really nice.

Congrats on being able to book DLH!

Having stayed in every DLP hotels, nothing beats the convenience and the location of the DLP! You will not regret it :)

Congrats on being able to book DLH!

Having stayed in every DLP hotels, nothing beats the convenience and the location of the DLP! You will not regret it :)

I do love it! We have stayed there twice and so excited to surprise my mum. I have now told her we have had to book standard room SL. She couldn't care less, but happy to surprise her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter