Tell me about some of your wonderful dining experiences at Citywalk...

Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
we are going for the first time in 2 weekends to Citywalk. Neither of us have ever been.

Tell me about some really good places to eat.....! Where did you eat and what did you have?

We loved the Latin Quarter. Had lunch there (Cuban Sandwiches), and dinner--Chilean Sea Bass and I forget the other meal. They have the BEST chips and salsa ever!!

ESMERELDA--THE ONLY PLACE I HAVE EATEN IN CITY WALK IS THE HARD ROCK CAFE. IT WAS VERY GOOD, BUT WAS CROWDED AND LOUD THE TIME WE WENT SO IF THAT BOTHERS YOU IT MAY NOT BE A GOOD CHOICE. WE HAD 5 ADULTS AND 2 CHILDREN AND THE COST WAS ABOUT $80. THAT WAS THE LEAST EXPENSIVE MEAL WE HAD THE ENTIRE WEEK. I AM RETURNING ON NOV. 7 AND PLAN TO TRY A FEW MORE OF THE RESTAURANTS THEN. HOPE THIS HELPS.

I have eaten at Emerils and The Hard Rock Cafe at City Walk. Emerils was fantastic but be prepared for a pricey meal. I've read several threads discussing how difficult it can be to get a table there but I walked in and was seated right away. It could be that I went right after spring break in April so it was a bit slow.

The Hard Rock Cafe was less appealing to me. It may have been that I ordered the wrong thing (some sort of pork sandwich as I recall) or that it was much busier than Emerils (a line to get on line as I remember) but I just wasn't pleased. I am not particularly picky and I am not against giving it another try but I guess my expectations may have been higher than they should have been as I read quite a few good reviews before I went. Try the trip reports board for more info.

jb

I just went in August with my 16yo niece and had a wonderful time. We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, which we both enjoyed. We had excellent service and the food was good. I had the Chicken Cordon bleu sandwich and my niece had the hamburger, we were both satisfied. We went about 7:00 and we walked right in. I think it also helped that I had the Hard Rock Access card (got it on their website) and got seated right away. The bill was about $26 (of which I only paid $6 because of my HRC access card). I don't particularly like loud music but I didn't find it that loud, it was quite pleasant. We also went to Pastamore, and had a wonderful dinner there. I had the Pasta Alfredo with grilled chicken which was great! I can't remember what my niece ordered but I do recall she was thrilled with it. The servings are huge! Big enough to share if you are inclined to. We also had dessert and appetizers and drinks (I had an expresso with a shot of Anissette [sp?] my niece had a virgin Daiquiri! The bill came out to $72 with tip and tax (our most expensive meal there). We ate at IOA at Croissant Moon for breakfast which was very good and at Blondies and Wimpys for lunch (I had a sandwich at Blondies, my niece had a burger from Wimpys, spent about $6 each). We also ate at the Sunset Grill in the Hard Rock Hotel which was also good, we had a very good breakfast there before we left.

I am not sure of your age...but this place is a blast!! (we r in our 30's....YIKES! did I REALLY SAY THAT OUT LOUD!!??) If I could visit EVERY month, I would! I just love the whole party "outdoorsy" kind of feeling you get when you are there!! I have been with and w/o kids and it is just such an awesome atmosphere, you will love it no matter who you are with!! Margaritaville has the best spinich, crab ,mushroom appetizer , I can't remember its name, but they serve it with garlic tst and it is pure HEAVEN! Its a good portion too! We mainly went there for drinks (peach margarita..mmmmm...) and appetizers, so as far as a MEAL there, I can't help. Hard rock Cafe has good appt., sand. and salads... I had this buffalo fried ckn salad, it was yummy!! Latin quarter is yummy too! Pat O'Briens is a fun place... 2 "dueling pianos ... they usually play 70's. 80's kind of songs. It seems like a "hometown" bar. Bob Marleys is pretty good too... outdoorsy kind of place with good music...duh!! HAHA! Just remember after 9pm, all the "clubs" have a cover charge, even Margaritaville. You can buy a pass though, it will get you in ANY club. Well, hope u enjoy your time... GOD knows I sure did!! I forgot to mention ALL the shopping you can do too... from clothes,(there is a few "sports shops", including NBA restaurant... good food), to little shops w/ souveniors(sp??) and little knick-knacks etc...HAVE FUN!!

1) Emeril's - pricey but worth it. The best meal I have ever had!

2) Margaritaville - good food at a fair price

3) Hard Rock Cafe - better than the original

4) Pat O'Briens - nice atmosphere, good food reasonably priced

5) Latin Quarter - did not care for it at all. Great idea, poor execution.

6) Nascar Cafe - great for the kids and race fans.

7) NBA City - never been

8) Motown Cafe - surprised it is still around

I have to agree with Lorivegas, the atmosphere is quite festive even if no events are going on (we always go mid week, off season).

Margaritaville has huge nachos(enough for 2 to share) and incredible Mango margaritas.

WOW! thanks for all the responses...

and to answer your question Lorivegas....one is pushin 40 and one is already over the top...lol sounds like loads of fun to us!

very excited to go here...

thanks again!

E

CAN I COME???!! HAHA!! It will be your FAVORITE place to go, I guarantee it !!(Nascar is a fun place too!! Sit on their outside deck, cold drink...warm breeze , "lake" view....ahhhhh... can u feel it??- just wonderful!!): :p :D:bounce:

We celebrated my DD's 16 th birthday at Margaritaville in July. The food was very good. They offer a variety of foods from burgers to full meals and the prices are good. We were a party of 7 and our total for food, drinks and tip was $100. The burgers are huge and very tasty. Their veggie burgers are great also. They have a wonderful entertainer, CC, who made a great balloon crown for my DD and paraded her around for her b-day....lots of fun. The casual atmosphere is great too.

Hard Rock cafe...food is always good and the atmosphere...typical Hard Rock.

NBA City.....The food was good and the portions are huge. My kids, 18 & 16, love this place because of the basketball shootout games downstairs.

I am a total WDW freak but City Walk is sooooo much better than Pleasure Island/DD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter