Tell me about the Panasonic FZ5

Memaw2Wm

DIS Veteran
Am thinking of getting this for DD for Christmas ... I originally planned on getting her the Canon I2 IS, but am not happy with it's focusing issues in low light zoomed out situations.

Digital Photography "highly recommends" the FZ5 and it is very similar to the Canon ...

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks!

I just purchased this camera this week and very limited experience with it so far but I do like it. It does very well in dark locations and the flash range is very good but you cannot see the LCD when it is dark but with the assist lamp you can at least generally tell what you are taking a picture of - if that makes sense. It has a nice feel to it. The menus are not too bad once you play with it a little. I am pretty much a point and shooter but do use the scene modes. I didnt like the way the Canon felt in my hands at the store and that is why I didnt go with that one. It felt too bulky whereas this one is a very nice size but kind of on the small size in comparison to others. I also tried the Kodak P850 but still liked the FZ5 better. HOpe this helps some but maybe someone with more experience with the camera can help you more.

UPDATE: Well I have had this camera for awhile now. I have had difficulty taking indoor sports shots and now found out that is common with this camera. I cannot seem to get it to freeze the action. I am not really good with the manual settings so I think this camera may be over my head unless you are outside taking pictures or just standard indoor pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter