• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Tell me about the restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin

Smiling Cheshire Cat

DIS Veteran
I’m wondering about the food at the Swan and Dolphin. We ate at Shulas many years ago, but I see there are several TS and CS choices. How does the quick service breakfast compare to the Boardwalk Deli?

Thanks!

Kimono's is one of our favorites on Disney property. Service and food are really good.

I have been extremely unlucky with Il Mulino. Gave them 3 tries and each try I went in with hopes only to have them crushed. The last time it was inedible.

Bluezoo, it is good but we prefer Flying Fish.

Breakfast we always did quick service at Fuel in Swan. It is fine. Nothing mind blowing, but it fit the bill for a quick breakfast before heading to parks. I have same feelings about Boardwalk Deli as I do Fuel -- actually giving Fuel a little edge because the line at the deli moves at a snails pace.

Feel like this one gets slept on a lot in Disney food circle because it's new and a little out of the way... but had one of the best dinners at Amare in Swan Reserve. The fish they serve in the parchment paper was one of the most delicious fish dishes I've tasted. And that have an old fashioned there that is served with a whole smoke presentation

The only one I've been to is Il Mulino, and it was great. They offer small, large, and family portions of most dishes, and all the pasta is made fresh. The pizzas are the best you'll get around property.

They have the reputation for good quality food.

We used to live in Italy and we enjoy
Il Mulino. I usually get a half portion of a pasta dish and it's plenty.
For steaks, we like Shula's.

The last time we went to Il Mulino in December, they said that they no longer do 1/2 portions of the pasta (or maybe it was they don't do half portions unless you also order something else?). I know for sure DH had a 1/2 portion last September but he did also order two appetizers too. So either it changed between September and December, it was because he ordered additional appetizers or our server was mistaken (or we got a server in September who made it happen). Regardless, it is one of our favourites. I usually end up ordering three appetizers, no entree and a dessert. I find the entrees a bit too big (which is why I asked about half-orders), but there are so many appetizers I like; I'm fine with ordering multiple of those instead, anyway. It's one of the few places that has carpaccio on the menu, so that's always a plus in my books.

I have only been to Shula's. There were 4 of us. None of us were impressed with the steaks. The lobster tail was amazing though. Same for their desserts.

Several Shula’s locations throughout Florida. Think there’s one in Chicago and Houston too. Thought it was fine for a high end steak house chain. Would prefer both Flying Fish and Yachtsman.

Il Mulino and Blue Zoo were good. Rosa Mexicano was fine. Really want to try Amare.

A Hawaiian shirt and Khakis are fine at any of these places for the poster above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter