Tell me about the rooms at GCH...What all is in them?

palenskec

Mouseketeer
Staying for the first time on site at GCH in April for Dapper Days!

I am starting to think about how things are going to work with 5 of us sharing a room for a few days.

What can you tell me about the fridge/microwave/coffeemaker situation? I am assuming small hotel style fridge. Is there a microwave?

How about the coffee maker ... can you make a pot, or is it Keurig? Can we bring our own with us to brew in the morning?

Thanks!

The fridge is smallish and the coffee pot is pod style (not Kuerig). You can't make a pot only a cup. There is no microwave.

I am starting to think about how things are going to work with 5 of us sharing a room for a few days.

What can you tell me about the fridge/microwave/coffeemaker situation? I am assuming small hotel style fridge. Is there a microwave?

How about the coffee maker ... can you make a pot, or is it Keurig? Can we bring our own with us to brew in the morning?

Thanks!

Are you aware there are very few rooms that will sleep 5 with a bed?
Rooms for 5 would be one with a day bed or bunks.
Be prepared for one person not to have a bed, unless you are able to get one of those rooms.

Are you aware there are very few rooms that will sleep 5 with a bed?
Rooms for 5 would be one with a day bed or bunks.
Be prepared for one person not to have a bed, unless you are able to get one of those rooms.

Yes, we know. Our 5th person is a toddler, and can sleep with us if needed.

IMG_0473.JPG IMG_0475.JPG

A nice room, GREAT location, and a nice hotel, but too expensive. We liked the DLH better.

Last edited:
When we stayed at GCH, we ate breakfast at La Brea Bakery. White Water Cafe has a microwave you can use, but an electric kettle and French press would be good things to bring with you.

Thanks!
I'm glad you asked about "coffee", I'm wondering about that also. Our family group from Oregon & Ohio are doing a split stay at DGC & DLH thanks to Dapper Days (3 nights each) ! Looking forward to the fun !
And yes ..... I need a good cup of coffee in the morning !

I'm glad you asked about "coffee", I'm wondering about that also. Our family group from Oregon & Ohio are doing a split stay at DGC & DLH thanks to Dapper Days (3 nights each) ! Looking forward to the fun! And yes ..... I need a good cup of coffee in the morning !

That looks like one of those Cuisinart coffee pod things, I have had those in several different hotels (and yes, sometimes they have them set up in the bathroom and this can be in more expensive hotels even, which does seem silly) but my experience is they make dreadful coffee. I find a Keurig is not great coffee but it's better than those! I am sure the coffee at any of the shops downstairs is much better though, which is close and convenient at least. And heh if you are driving just bring your coffee maker with you!!

That looks like one of those Cuisinart coffee pod things, I have had those in several different hotels (and yes, sometimes they have them set up in the bathroom and this can be in more expensive hotels even, which does seem silly) but my experience is they make dreadful coffee. I find a Keurig is not great coffee but it's better than those! I am sure the coffee at any of the shops downstairs is much better though, which is close and convenient at least. And heh if you are driving just bring your coffee maker with you!!
I agree, those machines are not very good. On road trips, we encounter many types of coffee makers and those are the worst. A water kettle and pour-over filter directly into a cup is a nice setup (for our road trips).

I agree, those machines are not very good. On road trips, we encounter many types of coffee makers and those are the worst. A water kettle and pour-over filter directly into a cup is a nice setup (for our road trips).

I can see that being a better idea since the water in those pod machines gets warm at best...

I bring Starbucks Via packets and just make hot water. Then when we get in the park I get my iced coffee from SB. Yes, I am a coffee addict!

We order the Joffrey's from Room Service. You can ask for extra and they usually don't charge you - so you can get 2 pots for the price of one.

I'm glad you asked about "coffee", I'm wondering about that also. Our family group from Oregon & Ohio are doing a split stay at DGC & DLH thanks to Dapper Days (3 nights each) ! Looking forward to the fun !
And yes ..... I need a good cup of coffee in the morning !

We are from Oregon too!

And we are on the edge of being coffee snobs, so I am thinking we will just do room service, or just send somebody out for a coffee run on our way to the parks in the morning. With 4 adults in one room (don't worry, we all love each other and have traveled together before!) I think we will be ready to head out in the mornings.

I bring Starbucks Via packets and just make hot water. Then when we get in the park I get my iced coffee from SB. Yes, I am a coffee addict!

We do this, too. I bring a kettle for hot water. I make a couple cups of the room's pod coffee, also, and add it to the Via to freshen up the flavor. That and some breakfast bars carry us through the rope drop time of day. I don't like room service coffee in the morning. It just never is there right when you need it. And no fun getting dressed to make a coffee run. I need my coffee before I can get dressed!

We do this, too. I bring a kettle for hot water. I make a couple cups of the room's pod coffee, also, and add it to the Via to freshen up the flavor. That and some breakfast bars carry us through the rope drop time of day. I don't like room service coffee in the morning. It just never is there right when you need it. And no fun getting dressed to make a coffee run. I need my coffee before I can get dressed!
I'm adding a Kettle & Via to my Disney Packing list.
Great tip !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter