Tell me about the VOID

mickey0624

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!
Has anyone done this experience at Disney Springs in WDW? What is the cost? Is it worth it? How long of an experience is it?

We did it our last trip. I think the cost was about $75 per person, but don't hold me to that price. Totally worth it. We went with my DS(26, and works for the mouse), DD(21) my DW and myself. Great time. We will do it again in October.

I have done the VOID 3 times, and it is a game changing experience in Virtual Reality. The reason I've done it 3 times is due the amazement and realism of the experience. If you have ever wanted to travel to a Galaxy Far Far Away...or any theme they so decide to incorporate, it's amazing. It makes virtual reality.....real. What you see, touch, smell, and hear puts you in the environment. You are not just sitting and looking around....you are moving and walking through it. It is an absolute must do if in Disney Springs area / Disney property.

My first time going was paid for by a friend....I had no idea what he paid until after we were done. It was around $35 per person and if he would have told me to pay $35 for a 15 to 30 minutes VR experience, I would have said...No thanks. Boy I am glad he paid...cuz I would have missed something special. It was well worth the $35 or even more.

I would highly recommend anyone and everyone to do it. I have taken my wife (who doesn't like Star Wars) and she was blown away, as well as friends and family members and all felt the same way....AMAZED. It is a must and Highly recommended. Well worth the cost...and something you will talk about for a very long time after.

It was an epic experience and I am so glad we did it! It was a highlight of our May trip.

It was well, well worth the cost. It was, most definitely, one of the best experiences I've ever had at WDW. I haven't done a lot of VR (ok, more like no VR) so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it blew me away. To put it bluntly, it was freaking awesome. It took us about an hour to get through the whole experience, but that is probably on the long side as we went a few days after it opened and they had a few tech glitches which they've probably worked out at this point.

$30 a person when I did it last Friday. Amazing and well worth the experience if you're a gamer or a Star Wars fan (my family is both). We walked up with no wait. my son, an autistic gamer who is hyper focused on Star Wars and a huge fan of games like Battlefront and Republic Commando thought it was the greatest thing he's ever done at Disney. I was a little worried about him with all the gear, though he's done VR headsets before this is more than that. But it wasn't an issue and once you're immersed into the game you don't even think about the weight of the pack or the headset. We did have to restart twice because of bugs loading the experience in the VR visors, but it was worth it.

Did it last week. 30 a person. Me and my 17 yo and 11 yo sons loved it! It is a bit short in our opinion but still worth it.

It is fantastic! It's only $30 a person and well worth the price. I think it's all been summed up here, but I highly recommend it.

Also, there is a rumor that they may add a Wreck-It Ralph experience to The Void in addition to the Secrets of the Empire experience. I am all for it!

It is fantastic! It's only $30 a person and well worth the price. I think it's all been summed up here, but I highly recommend it.

Also, there is a rumor that they may add a Wreck-It Ralph experience to The Void in addition to the Secrets of the Empire experience. I am all for it!
Omg wreck it Ralph would be awesome! I’m not really a Star Wars fan but I love wreck it Ralph.

Omg wreck it Ralph would be awesome! I’m not really a Star Wars fan but I love wreck it Ralph.

Well, it's just a rumor. The Void operates other locations outside of Disney that have a Ghostbusters theme as well. That sounds cool too!

My hubby and I want to do this first week of Sept can we just walk up or is it better to pre purchase?

If you are taking smaller children, in size not age, ask them to let your child try on the equipment first. They will gladly do that for you. My daughter 10 was really excited to do this until she put the back on her back. It weighs about 20-25lbs and would have been uncomfortable for her to wear on a 20 minute "mission". Hoping for next time.

My hubby and I want to do this first week of Sept can we just walk up or is it better to pre purchase?

I would not book in advance, there isn't a need now that it's been out for a while. You can check the openings available on the website the day of or even on the drive over to Disney Springs.

If you are taking smaller children, in size not age, ask them to let your child try on the equipment first. They will gladly do that for you. My daughter 10 was really excited to do this until she put the back on her back. It weighs about 20-25lbs and would have been uncomfortable for her to wear on a 20 minute "mission". Hoping for next time.

I would even go so far to suggest someone who is unsure if it's right for them to try it on and see. I found out that it's not for me as I was suiting up and had a panic attack from the combination of the vest and helmet. They were very kind and gave me a refund along with some water and let me calm down in the lobby. My son continued on and had a great time even though he's probably around the size of a 9 or 10 year old at 12. He did say the pack was a little heavy for him but not that bad.

You don't need to reserve that far out, but you may want to plan your day, so check that morning. You basically have to book on the website anyway, even if you are standing right there since they aren't set up to perform transactions. The attendant can assist you, but you basically just book the nearest time through the usual channel. If you know exactly when you want to do it, then it won't hurt to book ahead of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter