Tell me about when this happend to you update2

We were given a window for a new mattress between 8-12. They never show up on time. The doorbell rang at 7:30 am! We were still in bed! The one time a delivery doesn’t come late. Lol

We ordered a washer/dryer at Home Depot (it's been a couple years ago) and they didn't show up when they were supposed to. I don't remember the exact details, but it ended up something about them trying to say that there was no delivery scheduled for us that day. This was after we had even gotten some kind of delivery confirmation that morning. We were a little unhappy about that because our old washer was literally broken and unusable, and we bought from HD b/c they were the ones who could get us one delivered first. We had both taken off work for the big washer/dryer arrival day.

After a little bit of acting like Karen, we DID get them delivered later that same day, AND they took like $100 off the price.

We ordered a washer/dryer at Home Depot (it's been a couple years ago) and they didn't show up when they were supposed to. I don't remember the exact details, but it ended up something about them trying to say that there was no delivery scheduled for us that day. This was after we had even gotten some kind of delivery confirmation that morning. We were a little unhappy about that because our old washer was literally broken and unusable, and we bought from HD b/c they were the ones who could get us one delivered first. We had both taken off work for the big washer/dryer arrival day.

After a little bit of acting like Karen, we DID get them delivered later that same day, AND they took like $100 off the price.

I wish my dad acted like a Karen I am
So low on clothes that any clothes I buy due to not having clean ones is how much they are taking off the cost of the washing machine

Most recently, it happened when I was donating my old car to charity. The tow truck driver was about an hour outside the pickup window, but when he arrived, he explained that his previous pickup was all the way in Virginia (about an hour and a half away) and they didn't tell him ahead of time. This is a good example of what others mentioned about the fault lying somewhere other than the person who shows up at your house.

That said, I feel like it happens less often now than it used to, and when it does, workers are more likely to text you to let you know when they'll be getting there.

I'd recommend visiting a laundromat before just buying new clothes so you have something to wear for the day.

I don’t drive so for that reason it was cheaper to buy clothes from Walmart because not only 20 dollars for Lyft but 20 dollars to do it at the laundry matt so I saved 10 dollars trust me that is a lot to me

Worst I had was Costco on a TV. Missed their delivery window and customer service couldn't tell me anything beyond "call the delivery company." 75 minutes on hold to get a human on the phone and they blamed it on Covid/weather/anything they could. Then they dropped the bomb that because my delivery could not be completed that day, I was going to the back of the line and the next available appointment was a week out. I just laughed at the ridiculousness of having the guts to even telling me that. Eventually they were able to "squeeze me in" a day later.

I got $40 for my troubles but it wasn't worth it. I could have bought the 65" TV locally but the 70" was delivery only... next time I'll just take whatever they have in the store.
Often times the delivery notes are not given to the delivery people. The failure is further up the food chain.
Yep. A lot of deliveries get contracted out to 3rd party companies and stuff gets lost in the handoff due to systems not talking to each other.
I don’t drive so for that reason it was cheaper to buy clothes from Walmart because not only 20 dollars for Lyft but 20 dollars to do it at the laundry matt so I saved 10 dollars trust me that is a lot to me
$20 at the laundromat? I haven't been to one in a while but that seems very high.

Worst I had was Costco on a TV. Missed their delivery window and customer service couldn't tell me anything beyond "call the delivery company." 75 minutes on hold to get a human on the phone and they blamed it on Covid/weather/anything they could. Then they dropped the bomb that because my delivery could not be completed that day, I was going to the back of the line and the next available appointment was a week out. I just laughed at the ridiculousness of having the guts to even telling me that. Eventually they were able to "squeeze me in" a day later.

I got $40 for my troubles but it wasn't worth it. I could have bought the 65" TV locally but the 70" was delivery only... next time I'll just take whatever they have in the store.

Yep. A lot of deliveries get contracted out to 3rd party companies and stuff gets lost in the handoff due to systems not talking to each other.

$20 at the laundromat? I haven't been to one in a while but that seems very high.

I thought so too

My mom just collected the laundry after my dad told me we are not getting a washing machine till December 7th

We were given a window for a new mattress between 8-12. They never show up on time. The doorbell rang at 7:30 am! We were still in bed! The one time a delivery doesn’t come late. Lol

I had a bar cabinet show up a couple hours early. My sister was working from home that day, but hadn't put on real clothes yet as they weren't expected until mid-afternoon. She had to run upstairs real quick when she saw the truck pulling in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter