Tell me about your action cam

Praying Colonel

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking about getting an action cam and don't really know what to look for. I'm thinking I'd like to use it when hiking, touring, in the water (swimming, snorkeling, etc.). Maybe at some point I'd get a drone and use it with that.

I know that generally the biggest name is GoPro and there are other off brands, and that you can get 4K, 1080p, etc., but beyond that I'm not sure what to be looking for.

Appreciate any input on cameras you own, what to look for/what to avoid, etc.

Last edited:
I would get as much resolution as I can (4k is better than 1080p, is better than 1080i, is better than 720p, etc).
I would make sure I know how the content gets off the camera (external card? USB cable?).
I would want to have some way of previewing/controlling the camera from another device (wifi to phone/tablet).
I would want to know I can mount the camera to whatever I'm going to want to mount it to (in your case a head or body strap).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter