• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

tell me about your cake!

smgmartin

Earning My Ears
Deciding on cake flavors! Can anyone tell me what flavors you chose in Disney and how they were?

For my brother's engagement, I got an orange cake with amaretto crunch filling. It was ABSOLUTELY outstanding.

We did chocolate and peanut butter cup mousse for one layer, which was very good. The other two layers were almond cake with amaretto crunch, which was outstanding. People still talk about it almost 2 years later.

We decided on yellow cake w/ white chocolate mousse, and almond cake w/ amaertto crunch filling at our planning session. The yellow w/white chocolate was the only unanimous winner (DF thought almond was a weird cake flavor, but he's a pretty picky eater - the other 5 of us loved the almond w/amaretto)

I can tell you that trying the Disney cakes is so much fun! Everything tastes so good.

Our Wedding Cake was 3 tiers
CG0038010-4-08.jpg

Top Tier was Butter Cake with Amaretto Filling
Middle Cake was Almond Cake with butter cream
Bottom cake was Almond cake with Amaretto filling

It was beyond DELICIOUS!

1969238_10203577097494610_1268100178_n.jpg

Top Tier was Marble Cake with Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Filling
Middle Cake was Almond Cake with Amaretto Mouse
Bottom cake was Red Velvet Cake with Buttercream Filling

The marble cake was good? I know a lot of marbles can be bas but I was hoping marble in disney would be different ;) and how was red velvet? Think we are going with one layer marble with bavarian cream one layer almond with blackberry mousse and one with either vanilla or almond with amaretto mousse with almond crunch!

The marble cake was good? I know a lot of marbles can be bas but I was hoping marble in disney would be different ;) and how was red velvet? Think we are going with one layer marble with bavarian cream one layer almond with blackberry mousse and one with either vanilla or almond with amaretto mousse with almond crunch!

The marble was good but I think the red velvet was my favorite. We tasted them all at the Planning Session. My wife really liked the almond with amaretto mousse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter