Tell me about your experience with Ibotta.

Disneyliscious

DIS Veteran
I recently signed up and checked off some items that I needed to buy. Shopped at Walmart, scanned my receipt, got $3.25 cash back and then they gave me $2.00 for "shopping somewhere".

I see people mention they scan every receipt they have. What is the benefit to doing this? Or are you doing it if its a store Ibotta has on their merchant list? Also, do you just check off every offer and scan receipts relentlessly and let them sort out what you got?

I'm still navigating my way around but would love to hear any tips, tricks, or other ways you make this app work for you!

I scan through the app and the few stores that I tend to shop at, I then check off all offers that there's a possibility I might buy. Once you are done shopping you have to redeem your offers by scanning your receipt and then scanning the individual item barcodes for most places. There's a few stores that I shop at that use the loyalty card. For those stores you just have to load up your loyalty card once and anytime you shop you will get your redemptions for items you bought that you had offers checked for. For those stores I tend to just check all of the offers so I don't accidentally miss something!

I started using the app in early February and I've already earned $56.40.

I've heard that Walmart tends to have the best deals, I just don't shop there very often.

Bottom line, I think it's really easy to use and it's free money! I don't really buy things that I don't need or wouldn't have bought to begin with, unless it's an offer for deodorant or something like that because I can easily stockpile a few things like that so I don't run out.

I really like Ibotta. Customer service is good. I know I scan every receipt for Fetch. I just started that program.

Walmart tends to have a lot more participating items for Ibotta than a lot of other stores. Just FYI. I like Ibotta because it's low effort. The times I have needed to contact customer service, they have been very helpful and have credited me right away.

I haven’t been earning hardly anything from Ibotta lately. Maybe $.25 a shopping trip. I’m doing Walmart grocery pickup so I don’t have a receipt, and it’s driving me crazy. Walmart needs to give a receipt.

I’ve gotten around $150 with them over the last year and a half. When I use it, I use it big, mixing bonuses and coupons. Like this week I got 5.50 back on $17 of stuff (windex, storage bags, deodorant, pears, and our brand of salsa). Then there were three bonuses for another $5.50. So it’s like I got the salsa on sale and the rest of the stuff for free. It doesn’t always work out that well, but it was great to see the items I buy anyway on there.

Been using it for a little less than a year and have earned about $300 for very very little effort. I do have tech issues occasionally. some solved easily, some I gave up on because honestly, my time is worth more than the 75 cents. I would not have earned that much if there weren't a couple of big promos (20%) from clothing stores that we shop at. It was luck that it came at a time when we needed to buy some clothes for DS and that DD for a family wedding

I find Ibotta is not as great a money earner as it used to be (2 years ago). It's still worth the little effort it takes, but they have so few "any brand" offerings these days.

Fetch is similar, but quicker/easier than Ibotta.

I don't earn much of anything with it. However I very rarely buy name brand stuff, and the store brands are often not any money back.

I haven’t been earning hardly anything from Ibotta lately. Maybe $.25 a shopping trip. I’m doing Walmart grocery pickup so I don’t have a receipt, and it’s driving me crazy. Walmart needs to give a receipt.
I was just going to ask about this ... Too bad there isn't a way to use the online receipt.

I just downloaded ibotta and Fetch. I had shopkicks for a few weeks but they seem to have decreased on the offers/kicks in my area.

I love Ibotta b/c it is so easy. They also have bonuses frequently which add up.

I just signed up for fetch since so many of y'all rave about them. My question is do I have to "clip" all of the offers that I may be interested in or when I scan my receipt, does it automatically pick up any available offers (or only those that I've "clipped")?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter