Tell me about your stay at Beach Club?

What happened that made it the worst resort that you stayed at on property ?

Huge list of things - top of list was broken toilet, broken fridge, broken cabinet & missing furniture. When you pay over $420 a night for a room you certainly expect to have things in your room and have them fixed timely. We had absolutely no chairs to sit on in the room & we had 4 people staying there. Took 6 hours to get one chair & this was after way too many calls & numerous trips to the concierge. Took 4 hours to get toilet fixed & the other items were never fixed during our 4 day stay. My sister & her husband were also with us & their reservation which i made was also messed up & it took 3+ hours to get their room straightened out. It put a huge damper on the entire vacation which was to be a celebration for my surviving cancer. If we could have moved to a different resort we would have but it wasn't possible due to F&W. There's way more that happened but I took care of that following our trip.

Last edited:
LOVED BC! Stayed there in September 2014 and knew we had finally found our "home" in Disney. Unfortunately, we couldn't get anything lower than a Lagoon View room for out October 2015 trip and as much as I like the resort, couldn't see spending that much more so we booked a Garden View at Yacht Club. I don't see how they will be much different. The location is awesome!

Huge list of things - top of list was broken toilet, broken fridge, broken cabinet & missing furniture. When you pay over $420 a night for a room you certainly expect to have things in your room and have them fixed timely. We had absolutely no chairs to sit on in the room & we had 4 people staying there. Took 6 hours to get one chair & this was after way too many calls & numerous trips to the concierge. Took 4 hours to get toilet fixed & the other items were never fixed during our 4 day stay. My sister & her husband were also with us & their reservation which i made was also messed up & it took 3+ hours to get their room straightened out. It put a huge damper on the entire vacation which was to be a celebration for my surviving cancer. If we could have moved to a different resort we would have but it wasn't possible due to F&W. There's way more that happened but I took care of that following our trip.
If that happened to us I would of explained the situation and asked to be moved to another resort! That's terrible service! I would of definitely complained.

If that happened to us I would of explained the situation and asked to be moved to another resort! That's terrible service! I would of definitely complained.
It also depends when this was. BC has been refurbed in the last few months.

We just stayed there in September and it was amazing! I know we were incredibly lucky, but all of my room requests were met (close to the main elevators, full balcony, upper floor). We loved walking to Epcot and taking the boat to HS. The rooms had just been redone and were wonderful. We also really enjoyed SAB. It was amazing!

I'm a Beach Club fan because of the awesome location (5 minute walk to EPCOT), fantastic pool and amazing CMs.

I manage the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ on the Resort Community sub-forum. There is a lot of info about the resort and a ton of pictures as well as many reviews on the first page of the thread. I think the review post is Post 16. You can get there by clicking on the link in my signature.

:goodvibes:

WE have stayed in all the WDW resorts multiple times. the Epcot area is wonderful! Although we agree that the MK resorts are quintessential 'Disney', if you haven't stayed here then you will miss out on a wonderful Disney experience. Many people love the Epcot area even more than the MK area resorts. There are good reasons why this is so. And then... Of all the Epcot area resorts, the one that appealed to me the most for my first visit here was the BC.

BC advantages:

Even the standard rooms are convenient/have advantages. The standard rooms that are far from the BC lobby are super close to Epcot! There is a little gate to a secluded door to these rooms that is so convenient! You can open your patio door and listen to the sounds of music playing in World Showcase. You can watch some of the high fireworks from some of these 'standard' rooms' balconies.

Rooms are recently refurbished. Yay! Less likely to have any issues!

The beachy theme is light and airy. Beautiful!

The marketplace is in the BC section of the YC/BC.

The BC is the closest resort to the BWI and the activities there. Overall the BC felt central to everything! (The YC is right next door, but the YC/BC is a sprawling resort so that the distant standard rooms at the YC are very far from anywhere we wanted to be. It was just less convenient). OK, the BC is perhaps the furthest form the DHS but we generally took the boat there. If you are walking, it is a bit of a hike to DHS regardless (although quite doable).

Very few BC rooms overlook Storm Along Bay. I had a Storm Along Bay view at the YC once. It was awful, IMO, and we paid EXTRA $$$ for it! The views at the BC are in many cases much nicer, IMO.

WE have stayed in all categories of rooms at the BC and enjoyed them all! From standard rooms near Epcot to lagoon view rooms in the CL. This is a gorgeous, fun resort with an awesome pool and nice quiet pool. We have had full balconies and Juliet balconies. All were enjoyed by us! We
haven't had a bad stay here yet!
(I have had less enjoyable stays at the YC, BTW, but I still overall love the YC as well. It's just a touch less convenient, IMO. Things like distant standard rooms that are a far walk from everything! Rooms that had unpleasant views and/or NOT what we had booked - in one case a downgrade. Looking back now, I realize that I have simply had bad luck staying at the YC)

Whether you stay in the Epcot area for the entire trip, or just as part of a split stay, you really should experience staying here at least once. It is so tranquil and beautiful walking into World Showcase in the mornings or walking 'home' after dinner or Illuminations! No huge crowds like at the main entrances, just the few people staying in the Epcot resorts! LOVELY!

Good luck choosing your resort! :wave:

I love the location but I disliked SAB. It just didn't work for my kids at the age they were at (older or younger may have been better). I hated how the slide was all the way across the public path. Glad we stayed there once but don't see us going back.

We stayed in March. It's a beautiful place and we loved the short walk to EPCOT. However, we found it to be quite noisy and there was mold growing all over the windows and balcony door in our room. (I posted pics on my trip advisor review.) We were appalled that the room was in that condition considering the hefty price tag. We prefer Port Orleans Riverside over Beach Club.

We stayed in March. It's a beautiful place and we loved the short walk to EPCOT. However, we found it to be quite noisy and there was mold growing all over the windows and balcony door in our room. (I posted pics on my trip advisor review.) We were appalled that the room was in that condition considering the hefty price tag. We prefer Port Orleans Riverside over Beach Club.

Was this an old style room?

I think I remember reading your TA Review.

I'm a Beach Club fan because of the awesome location (5 minute walk to EPCOT), fantastic pool and amazing CMs.

I manage the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ on the Resort Community sub-forum. There is a lot of info about the resort and a ton of pictures as well as many reviews on the first page of the thread. I think the review post is Post 16. You can get there by clicking on the link in my signature.

:goodvibes:
Thank you for the link :)

WE have stayed in all the WDW resorts multiple times. the Epcot area is wonderful! Although we agree that the MK resorts are quintessential 'Disney', if you haven't stayed here then you will miss out on a wonderful Disney experience. Many people love the Epcot area even more than the MK area resorts. There are good reasons why this is so. And then... Of all the Epcot area resorts, the one that appealed to me the most for my first visit here was the BC.

BC advantages:

Even the standard rooms are convenient/have advantages. The standard rooms that are far from the BC lobby are super close to Epcot! There is a little gate to a secluded door to these rooms that is so convenient! You can open your patio door and listen to the sounds of music playing in World Showcase. You can watch some of the high fireworks from some of these 'standard' rooms' balconies.

Rooms are recently refurbished. Yay! Less likely to have any issues!

The beachy theme is light and airy. Beautiful!

The marketplace is in the BC section of the YC/BC.

The BC is the closest resort to the BWI and the activities there. Overall the BC felt central to everything! (The YC is right next door, but the YC/BC is a sprawling resort so that the distant standard rooms at the YC are very far from anywhere we wanted to be. It was just less convenient). OK, the BC is perhaps the furthest form the DHS but we generally took the boat there. If you are walking, it is a bit of a hike to DHS regardless (although quite doable).

Very few BC rooms overlook Storm Along Bay. I had a Storm Along Bay view at the YC once. It was awful, IMO, and we paid EXTRA $$$ for it! The views at the BC are in many cases much nicer, IMO.

WE have stayed in all categories of rooms at the BC and enjoyed them all! From standard rooms near Epcot to lagoon view rooms in the CL. This is a gorgeous, fun resort with an awesome pool and nice quiet pool. We have had full balconies and Juliet balconies. All were enjoyed by us! We
haven't had a bad stay here yet!
(I have had less enjoyable stays at the YC, BTW, but I still overall love the YC as well. It's just a touch less convenient, IMO. Things like distant standard rooms that are a far walk from everything! Rooms that had unpleasant views and/or NOT what we had booked - in one case a downgrade. Looking back now, I realize that I have simply had bad luck staying at the YC)

Whether you stay in the Epcot area for the entire trip, or just as part of a split stay, you really should experience staying here at least once. It is so tranquil and beautiful walking into World Showcase in the mornings or walking 'home' after dinner or Illuminations! No huge crowds like at the main entrances, just the few people staying in the Epcot resorts! LOVELY!

Good luck choosing your resort! :wave:
Thank you for all the great information :) Especially the tip on BC and that it is closer to Epcot and BWI.

I was there is July (for the first time) with my husband and 6 year old daughter. We absolutely loved it, my favorite resort. We got all of our room requests. The theme is great and relaxing, the location can't be beat, the refurbished rooms are beautiful and the CM were all very friendly and helpful. We will be returning next July! We are doing a split stay with 3 nights at the Poly and then 7 at the BC to give a monorail resort a try.

I love the BC and just stayed there again. However, next year I'm going to switch it over and stay at YC (yes, I know the rooms aren't refurbished)...but I think being closer to the boat is sometimes a better idea late at night when you are dead tired.

Anyway, I love SOB, but I find that the ALL DAY volleyball game can become quite annoying. It's very hard to get past that area without either getting out of the pool, or going all the way over to the side.

For us, the best thing about BC is LOCATION. It's just so magical and convenient to be a short walk from World Showcase. And the whole Boardwalk area has an exciting vibe in the evenings. Plus, there are a million table service dining options within walking distance (and on resort property, we like the Cape May breakfast).

But it's probably at the bottom of the resorts we've stayed at as far as ambiance and theming (in addition to BC, we've stayed at Poly, AKL, WL, POR, and CSR). It's not that we find the theming unattractive, just not very immersive or exciting. But this is more a matter of personal preference.

Rooms are nice but not as big as the Monorail resorts.

While SAB is a fun and unique pool complex, we find it a bit overrated. Because of its size, it can be difficult to keep an eye on young children and we don't like having to walk off of resort property to go down the water slide.

A lot of people complain about the buses but this doesn't impact us much because we tend to do split stays, where we stay at BC for the EP/HS part of the vacation.

Another complaint is lack of quick service dining options. The BC Marketplace has a limited selection of mostly cold items, very limited nearby seating, and can be extremely chaotic in the mornings.

Believe me we complained & complained & complained & got no where. And since it was Food & Wine no way to move rooms or to another resort. Can't remember if it was free dining or not though. It was only the second time I had ever had to actually write to WDW CS to complain about a resort. I did get a pretty quick call back though & discussed everything and they said they would definitely look into the matter, which I would have to believe they did.

Check out the DIS Unplugged 7-in-7 video of Beach Club. We love the resort. we are DVC members so we stay at the villas -- can't comment on the hotel rooms. Besides the short walk to EPCOT, lots of dining options between YC, BC, and BW. Lovely, peaceful resort at the end of the day. Grab ice cream at Beaches and Cream and sit in the outside tables overlooking the pool. Catch a glimpse of Illuminations sitting by the lighthouse at the boat dock.... We enjoy it immensely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter