• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me I didn't just make the biggest mistake ever. DLR RESORT EXPRESS.

Red Sox Idiot

#1 Illinois Red Sox Fan!!!!!!!!!
Booked because its a decent deal and we dont need a car every day so technically saving us a good chunk of money. I go to its facebook page after booking and it hasn't had a positive review in a year. Are these just the negative nellies on facebook or should I try somehow to cancel?

Its not that bad. Lots of people use it without issue. I'll personally use it on my next trip.

The DLR Express only runs at certain times, so if it doesn't coincide with your flight landing you could be waiting a while. Also, if you're the last hotel on the drop off list, you'll be on the bus for a long time. Are you flying into LAX, or SNA or elsewhere? Many people rely on Uber or Lyft now.

The DLR Express only runs at certain times, so if it doesn't coincide with your flight landing you could be waiting a while. Also, if you're the last hotel on the drop off list, you'll be on the bus for a long time. Are you flying into LAX, or SNA or elsewhere? Many people rely on Uber or Lyft now.
LAX, and we have two small children who still require car seats so I don't think Uber or lyft would work.

We did DLR Express once. Going to hotel wasn't horrible, not great but not horrible. But the trip to airport took forever and we almost missed our flight and had to get off of bus and get a taxi. Bus driver was completely uncommunicative. So I know lots of people have a decent experience, but we didn't. If you are considering another way to do it, since that trip we now use Lansky services. If you look on this board you will see lots of good reviews. They will bring what ever car seats you need AND take you to your choice of grocery store on way to hotel. We have used them for 3 trips and always on time and wonderful. I completely understand though that it's not as cheap as DLR Express:rotfl2:

It’s a legitimate business and you shouldn’t worry. There might be quicker ways to get to/from DLR (Uber/Lyft is usually fastest).

It’s a legitimate business and you shouldn’t worry. There might be quicker ways to get to/from DLR (Uber/Lyft is usually fastest).
Im not worried about the time but people on the reviews are saying like busses didnt show up or they showed up an hour late.

Im not worried about the time but people on the reviews are saying like busses didnt show up or they showed up an hour late.

Gotcha. I’ve heard that complaint too. It’s not a super-fast way to get to DLR, so plan on waiting a bit and you won’t be disappointed. If speed is your big concern, you might consider an alternative method.

What’s done is done, it’s a real company so it’s not like you’ve been scammed. Are there better options? Yes. Is it worth paying for DLR Express and a better option? No. Just understand the time factor discussed above, hope for the best, and do some more research next time before making your purchase.

Eh, as long as you're not worried about the time it takes, it's certainly a decent option, especially because of the car seat thing. Keep in mind the bad reviews are there because people are more inclined to post a negative review than a positive. Where are you staying? If it's one of the 3 resort hotels they'll drop you first, then the offsite hotels after.

We‘ve done it last summer and will do it again the next time we got to DL!
I was worried as well about the bad reviews but if you google you find those bad reviews for pretty much every kind of transportation to the parks... at least that’s what I got from googling last summer... ;)

Bus from Lax was about 10 min late but that was due LAX traffic (it was about 3pm or so) but after having traveled for about 14h just waiting for a bus and then riding the bus and just napping till you arrive at DL was good enough and I didn’t care for much else... (it was way better than renting a car and dealing with the traffic yourself...no Stress at all...)

I was more worried about the return trip to Lax... but the bus was right on time at the pickup location and even though we had some traffic on the way to LAX we arrived pretty much at the posted time.

You just should plan for some extra time with traffic... but you should do that regardless of the form of transportation...

(Oh and by the way they showed cartoons on the way to DL but not on the way back but we were only adults in bus anyways and we were all sleeping so that might have been the reason...)

I've used DLE for virtually all of my trips. Some were better than others, but nothing so horrible that I've felt I made a mistake or should have booked something else.

Eh, as long as you're not worried about the time it takes, it's certainly a decent option, especially because of the car seat thing. Keep in mind the bad reviews are there because people are more inclined to post a negative review than a positive. Where are you staying? If it's one of the 3 resort hotels they'll drop you first, then the offsite hotels after.
We are at hojo

Ha! One of those bad reviews on Facebook is the one I posted a couple of weeks ago. To be fair to DLE, they did pick up at the airport and get me to Disneyland in a timely manner and on schedule. The issue I had was with them not showing up to take me back to the airport, which in my opinion is more important, because you run the risk of missing your flight home if your transportation to the airport is late or a no-show. You should be fine with using DLE as long as you allow LOTS of time to get to the airport. As in, plan to catch the DLE 3 hours prior to your flight for SNA, longer if you're going to LAX.

We have used DLR several times and have never been disappointed. We always take a bus that gets us to LAX a few hours before our flight and have lunch in the airport. That relieves the stress of a late bus or not getting to LAX on time. I would never use Uber or Lyft. Too scary for me.

We have used them when we flew in and stayed at hojo. We had no problems at all. The first driver was quiet, but we got there and only waited about 15 minutes for the bus. The second driver back to the airport was wonderful, turned on a movie for the kids to watch, and picked us up on time and got us there to the airport in plenty of time. I would use them again.

Take a breath. It won't be the biggest mistake ever. I can guarantee you that.

We've used it a few times. Always good service.

Some of this is expectations. They aren't a timed city bus and it's not point to point service. You could easily just miss a bus and have to wait an hour.

To make you feel good about your choice- DRE is hands down the safest way to travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter