Tell me ONE thing you do every trip!

My wife and I have traveled down to WDW since 1986 and we always finish every trip by walking through the Magic Kingdom on our last day. We stand in front of the Train Station as we are leaving, hug each other while facing the Castle and thank Walt for his dream. With tears in our eyes we promise to make it back the next year. We haven't been for the last 2 years but we are hoping and praying for 2023.

Every trip we take a last look at the Castle (usually via monorail) and discreetly wave goodbye, (cue sad face and hand-holding). We're dcv and our "home" is BLT, so sometimes it's a wave from our balcony or the large windows at the elevator area. At least one person will tear up.

We all pull our suitcases out the door of our Dvc villa and say "Goodbye beautiful home!" out loud, each of us....it's a tradition we started back when it was "goodbye beautiful room" (before our Dvc years)

We don’t intend for these to be traditions, but they’ve happened on every trip, so I guess they are!
Restaurants: Jungle Skipper Canteen and San Angel Inn
Rides: Small World, Tiki Room, Pirates, Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, Soarin’. (We do other rides, but the trip would feel incomplete if we missed these.)
Experience: visit at least one new resort and check it out.

Eat: Casey's Corner Hot Dog (Though the pretzel bread pudding in the Germany pavilion at Epcot is my new must have)
Ride: Haunted Mansion
Restaurant: Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue (Super excited for this one to open up again)

I tried to make it ride Kilimanjaro Safari at least once. But after 21 years, my streak got broken on this last trip 2 weeks ago. But I did manage my other "must do", ride "Living with the Land". It was my father's favorite attraction which he only rode after I recommended it to him. Once he did, he never missed an opportunity to say how much he loved it. Since he died 10 years ago, I do it every trip in his memory.
As far as food-no absolute musts. There's so much great food!

The one thing I love about our trips is DW cries at the end of every trip.
No matter the length from a last minute over-night stay to a long two week stay.

Last edited:
I'm going to go with the things we make sure to always do outside of the main attractions etc.

Carousel of Progress in MK
Living With The Land in Epcot
Fantasmic in HS
Tusker House for a meal in AK

I could go on and on but we make sure we do these each and every visit. They are all special to us for one reason or another.

I have a couple:
Enjoy a dole whip
Tear up when I start down Main Street and see the castle
Eat Mickey waffles at Chef Mickey's, my son is almost 22 now but insists this is a tradition that we must do each time.

Ride a ride I either have never ridden before or haven't done in say 10 years (believe it or not even after having been going since 1983 we still haven't done every ride).

Get up early and walk around my resort before most everyone is up.

Park Hop. I've never taken a trip when I haven't gone to at least two parks every single day.

Eat at Nomad Lounge at AK, I'm going to try not to do that my up coming August trip because there are a lot of places to eat at AK I haven't tried, but I do love me some Nomad Lounge. Maybe I'll just go one night for a drink.

Ride People Mover at least once.

Ride ToT at night, I love it at night in HS but ToT is great.

Get an ice cream from France in Epcot. I also have to ride Living with the Land and Figment (horror I know).

I really feel like I'm there when I get a Kentucky bourbon barrel ale from Block & Hans in Epcot. Walking around WS or finding a seat to people-watch and sip...

The one thing I always do is ride Jungle Cruise. It’s the one thing that is always going to be different every time you ride it, and that’s because of the skippers. No two skippers are going to perform exactly the same, and each skipper is going to vary their routine, so literally every ride on the attraction is a unique experience. The other thing that occurs every trip is, of course, the walk around WS, and for me lately, dining at The Plaza.

Eat: Dole Whip float, vanilla ice cream with pineapple juice.
Ride: POTC
Restaurant: It had been eat pot roast for lunch at LTT. Guess I’m gonna need to find something new.
Shop: Buy a pin to remember the trip
Do: Watch one fireworks show. I struggle staying out late, so this is a big deal for me.

Eat: Dole Whip float, vanilla ice cream with pineapple juice.
Ride: POTC
Restaurant: It had been eat pot roast for lunch at LTT. Guess I’m gonna need to find something new.
Shop: Buy a pin to remember the trip
Do: Watch one fireworks show. I struggle staying out late, so this is a big deal for me.
I think it is pineapple flavored soft serve with Pineapple Juice and trips have always included either a dole whip float or a Mickey Bar everyday of my trips. Sometimes both. No other food items have impressed me enough to make them a habit.

My first day is always a Magic Kingdom day. And entering from the bus plaza is not dramatic enough for me. So...

The one thing I do every trip is take the bus to Epcot, take the Monorail to the Transportation Center and ride the ferry to Magic Kingdom.

Never had a Dole whip. Does not sound appetizing to me. There are a lot of things I do each Disney trip. At AK I get a drink at the Dawa bar and listen to the live African entertainment.

I spend a lot more time at Universal than Disney on my solo trips. I always get a Hogshead Ale or 2 and hang out in Hogsmeade in the evening. It was cool in October when they had Deatheaters roaming around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter