Tell Me Something Good!!

DisneyMama811

🇨🇦 Disney Dreamin'
I've been scrolling the boards, following a lot of Disney Bloggers and the general consensus seems to be everyone hates everything about WDW, the buses are slow, the service sucks, the food is awful, the lines are too long, the sun is too bright...

someone tell me about something that made you smile at WDW!!

The Skyliner is wonderful.
Strangely enough we thought the transportation was the best we ever encountered. Even at MK Park closing with the long lines there was very little actual wait.
To be honest, we headed off on our first vacation in over two years with huge nerves after reading all the negativity on forums, but, apart from the room checks we had one of the best trips ever.

The Skyliner is wonderful.
Strangely enough we thought the transportation was the best we ever encountered. Even at MK Park closing with the long lines there was very little actual wait.
To be honest, we headed off on our first vacation in over two years with huge nerves after reading all the negativity on forums, but, apart from the room checks we had one of the best trips ever.
DH&I haven't been since 2011, our trip was AMAZING, this trip will be the first for our girls (6&8) and I just want it to be magical for them

We were there in March during spring break. It was very crowded, but we still had fun. We didn’t have any issues with transportation, the food was all great, didn’t have any issues with ride breakdowns (maybe minor ones), and we really had a blast. Don’t believe all the negatives. Just go in with an open mind and you should have a blast.

We went at Thanksgiving and last weekend. We had a great time! All of the food and service we had were good. We even got Genie+ and ILL and didn’t regret it. We stayed at BWV for Thanksgiving and AKL last weekend. The only problems I encountered were rude and entitled guests, but it wasn’t much different from trips before Covid, We are looking forward to our July trip, when we will finally get to do the Wild Africa Trek that we were supposed to do in Summer 2020. We also went to Universal at Thanksgiving and didn’t feel it was better or worse than WDW or much different than pre-Covid trips. Hope you have a great vacation!

Just got back from a 4 night stay at BLT. Epcot and MK (late night) were great. TL was a lot of fun. Got walk up seating at R&C and Ragland Road. SH71 was very good. Enjoyed an AMC Movie and M&E's for supper. Yes prices are up on everyghing (gas, tics, food, etc), but it was still a great trip with a lot of new eats to try. So looking forward to our BWV 1 BR 5 nts in Sept. Don't believe all the Debbie Downers. Most of the 'new's articles about how bad WDW is are just click bait fonder. You do you and enjoy!

I've been scrolling the boards, following a lot of Disney Bloggers and the general consensus seems to be everyone hates everything about WDW, the buses are slow, the service sucks, the food is awful, the lines are too long, the sun is too bright...

someone tell me about something that made you smile at WDW!!
We had a crazy good trip first week of April! Truly magical, filled with with fun from beginning to end! I couldn't possibly list all of the things that made me smile....though some are mentioned in the posts I linked below. We avoided lines with Genie+ and didn't find using it stressful. Our TS meals, with one exception, were great. I have no complaints about the transportation- and we hop and stayed at ASMu, so mostly used buses. I created a few posts (some I just wrote, some are answers to other posts) after our trip in hopes of being helpful. Even if they are not all relative to your situation, maybe they can ease your worry and offer some bits of advice :-)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...-including-park-hopping.3807247/post-63923788

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...t-information-questions.3042913/post-63922538

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...t-information-questions.3042913/post-63922804

https://www.disboards.com/threads/some-brief-reviews-april-3-8.3879262/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/q...king-thoughts-from-park-days-4-3-4-8.3879263/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/are-my-mk-and-ak-plans-feasible.3879694/post-63933338

https://www.disboards.com/threads/are-my-mk-and-ak-plans-feasible.3879694/post-63933908

I hope your trip is fantastic too!!

People are going to complain, no matter what. I've been 4 times in the past year - April 2021, Sept. 2021, Dec. 2021 and April 2022 so obviously it must be not all bad. You can either let the little issues (or even the big ones) ruin your trip or you can say "well that happened" and go about your day. I had the perfect storm of bad things happen my last trip, stood in line for a hour for Frozen only to have it break down and we had to be evacuated, stood in line a hour for RoTR during EMH and it broke down before I got on it, stood in line for 50 min. for Remy only to have it break down. Was there from Easter Sun. thru the next Fri, on Wens I started getting a sore throat, by Thursday, I had a full blown cold so I had to wear a mask everywhere, even outside (didn't want to pass it on). Even with all that, it was still a good trip, I was able to ride RoTR a few nights later at 8:30 with a half hour wait, I was able to ride Remy during an EMH with a 1/2 hour wait. I had the best day at AK I've ever had, the lions were walking around and roaring, the baby rhino was playing and running and hopping, the tiger was out playing, the gorillas were running around, Festival of the Lion King made me cry, the bird show made me laugh. I got caught in a flood at MK and just splashed and jumped in puddles (no one was around) I sat and listened to the band at Epcot then watched the FWs, I rode SDD at night with a family who had never rode it and the woman was screaming and the kid laughing and I was laughing and enjoying it so much because of them. I'm going back in August, even though the last trip wasn't the most magical, it still had magic and I still enjoyed myself.

Just a few of the many things that made me smile on the Disney portion of my last trip:

1. A very nice gentleman in the Art of Disney Store. I asked him if it was okay to take pictures and he said “Yes, of course, and it was very nice of you to ask.” I really felt the southern hospitality!

2. The roast turkey dinner at Pop Century. I was eating a very late lunch and there weren’t many people in the cafeteria, but the lady behind me ordered the same thing. When I told her, she said, “Oh, it’s the best, I’ve been eating it all trip!” And it WAS—absolutely perfect—reminded me of childhood Thanksgivings. :)

3. Ordered a Jedi Mind Trick at Oga’s and when the bartender brought it over she waved her hand in front of my face and said “this is the drink you’re looking for.” LOL. Then another bartender came by and asked, “Do you know where stormtroopers go to shop? Right next to Target!” I love Oga’s!

4. This might sound weird but I love MEARS because of the nice big windows on the bus, which are great for birdwatching. Saw my first swallow-tailed kite on the way to the resort!

5. Rode the Skyliner and thought it was funny when the announcements said “look down and you’ll see some of the happiest wildlife on earth.”

6. Saw a waitress at Docking Bay 7 with a porg tucked into her belt. It was so cute!

7. Hearing the Oldies playing in the background at POP.

8. Saw an older man in a wheelchair go by holding a BB-8 shaped balloon.

9. At one point the person in front of me in line was wearing a Loungefly backpack shaped like Hedwig carrying a letter.

10. Used the Play Disney Parks app for the first time and had a blast.

Saw an elderly couple holding hands as they walked down Main Street.

We made HUGE gains using early entry...and didn't spend a penny of Genie+.

Everything we ate was great.

Crowds were heavy but we zigged when they zagged and we did minimal waiting.

Guardians of the Galaxy was fantastic.

With all the complaints I hear from people you would think I would notice a decline in crowds at some point. Nope. Packed to the gills every time I go…..

Other then it being busier then I would like, but when isn't that the case? LOL I have had wonderful trips this past year. People like to complain, a lot. And people have just become more miserable in the past couple of years. People complain about the dumbest, littlest things now. After 30 years of working in food, I quit the place that I worked for 15 years because I couldn't take it anymore. I work part time now as an online shopper at a local store. And it gets harder and harder to go in. I have cut down to one or two shifts every couple of weeks. I can't physically bring myself to go into work anymore because someone is always complaining about something.

Life is what you make of it. I still see enjoy my trips to WDW. I love going there and walking around, even if I don't go on many rides, it is still a great trip.

I’m here right now. Genie+ has been a bit of a learning curve but nowhere near as bad as I had feared.

My resort ( Port Orleans) is beautiful as always and my room is clean and comfortable.

Every single cast member I’ve interacted with has been nice and many of them have been downright awesome.

I’m headed to Hollywood Studios today and we slept in because we could. Going to ride Rise of the Resistance for the first time today and have a breakfast drink at Oga‘s ( found that reservation this morning!)

I am here with my son who is 18 and off to University in the Fall. We have been coming here since the kids were small and it’s a special place for our family. I was worried the magic was gone. It’s not perfect because nothing is. But the magic is definitely still here.

3. Ordered a Jedi Mind Trick at Oga’s and when the bartender brought it over she waved her hand in front of my face and said “this is the drink you’re looking for.” LOL. Then another bartender came by and asked, “Do you know where stormtroopers go to shop? Right next to Target!” I love Oga’s!
Nice!

Our waitress at Oga's a had a pretty good intro line of something like "No blasters, no rifles, no fightin', etc..." that went on pretty long. When she came back and had a moment, we got her to clarify her line again and noticed she didn't say no thermal detonators which we asked about. Pretty good crowed interaction there. Haven't tried the Jedi Mind Trick, but we all had the Fuzzy Tauntaun which is a fun drink to get (makes your lips and tongue numb).

Here's my perspective from a semi OG (my first adult trip was in '99 at the Millennium celebration). We visited the first week of May after an 8 year absence. It was still Magical! Some of our favorite changes:

1. Security was super quick with the new scanners.
2. Only waited once for a bus from ASM
3. Mobile order was such a time saver!
4. I'm now a Genie+/ILL convert. I was VERY salty before the trip having to pay for what used to be free and not being able to plan but it worked really well for our adult trip.
5. Entertainment and characters are coming back!

We really felt that even with the changes it was still the WDW we loved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter