Tell Me The Best Thing About POR

grinningghost

<font color=green>Has a thing for the Swiss Family
Even the smallest seemingly insignificant detail is welcome. I want to hear what's your opinion of the best thing about POR. :sunny:

Our family loves being able to take the boat to Downtown Disney. Also we just like the overall feel of the resort, on the nights we aren't to tired we just enjoy walking around the resort.

I will list some things that made this a favorite for our family:

The boat to DTD, it was so relaxing and so much more fun than the bus!

The rooms in the Alligator Bayou section we were in were nicely decorated. I loved the quilt bedspread. The bathroom had a very nice tile floor and two pedestal sinks with a long shelf above them. The privacy curtain was a lifesaver and made getting ready so much easier and private! The room didn't look like your normal hotel room.

The grounds were probably my favorite thing. So beautiful. For once we all didn't feel the need to be in the parks every minute because we enjoyed the resort so much. We were very far out (bldg. 36) and we didn't mind the walk a bit. Also loved the quiet pool areas and laundry rooms.

The uncrowded feel of the resort. Another guest on the bus told me the resort was 98% sold out but it never felt crowded. It is so spread out and I think a lot of people that stay there eat at DTD so the food court didn't ever feel crowded.

I hope that wasn't too many details from one person! This resort actually made dh and I wonder if we had made a mistake buying into DVC we liked it so much!

The total relaxed atmosphere. I stayed there only once, but still go back to walk the beautifully landscaped grounds and have a meal even when we are staying elsewhere. The marina, the grounds, the style of the buildings, its just very picturesque and laid back! I like this resort as well as the deluxes.

PIANO BOB!!!!! He plays in the River Roost Lounge (almost?) every night -- check Steve Soare's site for exact times. Some of the best entertainment in WDW right in your "living room!"

I also really like the decor of the Alligator Bayou--it's like you're on Splash Mountain all the time!

And the food court is really very nice--enjoy!

Wow - these are all great! I just knew this was the right choice for us. I'm looking forward to a more peaceful resort this trip - and it sounds like this is it. :flower:

mef78 said:
I also really like the decor of the Alligator Bayou--it's like you're on Splash Mountain all the time!

I totally agree! :Pinkbounc I have never felt like I was on vacation and away from all the hustle and bustle more than when I check in to the POR AB. I am sooo hoping that a decent rate comes out so I can afford to change my ressie for this Dec. :flower:

Oh DO keep them comming! I LOVE hearing such good things! We leave in 10 days and I am sooo looking foward to staying there! We requested AB room. It looks so cozy! I am soooooooooo sooooooooooo soooooooooo excited! :rotfl: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter