Tell me truly about Oga’s Cantina…

I have no idea what you are talking about here. I have never heard of this happening inside Oga's. We visited for the first time literally when the land was in that soft open mode and you needed a VQ spot to enter. Didn't see anything like that and have not seen any evidence that this was ever a thing. Do you have a video?
I might, I definitely have one of the whole place singing and the bartenders going around leading the songs. It was the Jawa song if I remember.

I think I have a still picture of the Imperial Officer and Stormies. It was quick, and I was enthralled watching it…. it was the most alive Batuu every felt to me.

Also, in the same trip, Vi was walking around and she came up to me as I was scanning crates, and asked me for help. She led me to another communications node, and asked me if I would support the resistance. Of course I did, and she thanked me and ran off….

All this happened at East. This was just before Covid, Feb 2020.

Since then I have been back a few times and never seen the quality interaction I had that trip…..

Last trip to West, I did get interrogated by two Stormies…..pretty intense interaction there. Also got to chat with Boba, but that was quick, still fun but I bowed out because of all the kids around, wanted them to have the time with him.

I have not seen Vi out among the crowd ever since that first time.

We’ve done Oga’s a few times. The first 3 or 4 times we got the standing tables, which were just ok. However, we recently got one of the sitting booth tables, and that was a much much better experience. I’m not sure if there’s a way to guarantee a sitting table; the cast member acted like people with reservations always get a table, and that the walk-ins and standby people get the standing tables and bar spots, but I know from past experience that hasn’t always been true. Getting the spot to sit really changed the experience for us.

Of course, we are Star Wars fans and alcohol fans. If you’re not a fan of either, then it’s probably not worth the time.

I’m not sure how I feel about the alcohol situation at Disneyland now. My father in law and I had 2 beers each at lunch at Blue Bayou, and then 2 beers at Oga’s an hour or so later. It was weird being able to get actually buzzed at Disneyland and I almost felt guilty about it lol (DCA or Epcot of course is another story). I don’t mind them serving alcohol in sit down locations but I really hope they don’t start letting people walk around with beer in Disneyland. Keep that to DCA.

We’ve done Oga’s a few times. The first 3 or 4 times we got the standing tables, which were just ok. However, we recently got one of the sitting booth tables, and that was a much much better experience. I’m not sure if there’s a way to guarantee a sitting table; the cast member acted like people with reservations always get a table, and that the walk-ins and standby people get the standing tables and bar spots, but I know from past experience that hasn’t always been true. Getting the spot to sit really changed the experience for us.

Of course, we are Star Wars fans and alcohol fans. If you’re not a fan of either, then it’s probably not worth the time.

I’m not sure how I feel about the alcohol situation at Disneyland now. My father in law and I had 2 beers each at lunch at Blue Bayou, and then 2 beers at Oga’s an hour or so later. It was weird being able to get actually buzzed at Disneyland and I almost felt guilty about it lol (DCA or Epcot of course is another story). I don’t mind them serving alcohol in sit down locations but I really hope they don’t start letting people walk around with beer in Disneyland. Keep that to DCA.
Agree, alcohol does not need to be a focal point in some place…..

There is always some fool who goes to far…

Thnanks,DLGal! Didn’t know you cou do that! That would make a lot more sense in my situation, yes, I’ll be solo. I really just want to see what it looks like…don’t need to spend a lot of time.
We actually tried last year to get in for a lookaround and they would NOT let us in just to look! We ended up in the stand-by line and got in fairly quickly, so it all turned out okay. It's fun once, or if you want a drink. Food is hit or miss. One time we had EXCELLENT sliders which were a great lunch. The other time, we couldn't find much to eat at all on the menu that was anything more than a snack to have with our drinks.

I was not happy with my experience. Made a reservation two months in advance, two adults two kids. Showed up at our reservation time and was told it was a half hour wait (which would make it very tight for our Rise of the Resistance ILL time). When we got the call back, we were given standing room. My 9 year old was shorter than the table. Were not told we had to request a table at check in and wait even longer. We just walked out and didn't order.

Maybe my fault, I didn't do my homework...but it is a bar, that kinda looks like the Cantina in a New Hope, but not really. Nails the Star Wars theme, but not any more than Galaxy's Edge does a great job of. Ronto's looked more fun for families. I honestly think it should be an adults only thing.

So I managed to snag a rezzie but I’m not really sure about it..l

A). I don’t drink alcohol so there’s no attraction there.
B). Not really much in way of food but I could do the Five Blossom bread (which is just an overpriced pretzel)

Is the ambience worth it? Is it truly like the cantina in the films? I’m expecting lots of animatronics and the like. Will I be disappointed?

So anxious to hear your thoughts..oh,,I do like Star Wars but not a total geek about it (as many already know…my heart belongs to the Avengers).

TIA!
We love it... for the novelty that it is. Don't need to be a Star Wars fan. We never eat there. To bad the food offerings are not better, but they aren't. The drinks are, of course, overpriced, but I think there are many that are really good. It's not like you are making a commitment to an expensive meal like Space 200. Just go and enjoy the atmosphere and energy, grab a non-alcoholic drink, and you will probably leave happy. It's fun!

However... it is a different consideration with kids. Only you can be the judge of the level of appeal to them. That will vary greatly by the kid(s). Go watch a Youtube video as a family first and see what everyone thinks.

It's literally called Oga's Cantina. Genuinely curious, how did you expect it to be anything but a bar??
Well excuse the ignorance of a Canadian parent with no Spanish speaking abilities (Cantina is closer to Canteen in English and French BTW, aka restaurant, not bar) who maybe expected that some place that is based on an iconic location, from a blockbuster, PG rated movie trilogy, that exists in a Disney Theme Park, would maybe be a bit kid friendly, especially at 11:30 AM? And if its not, perhaps the cast members could advise as such, since you can't see inside?

Anyway, for those coming to these boards looking to do the homework I didn't, I guess I suggest its really not all that appropriate for kids, and in fact I think that in addition to not serving droids they shouldn't allow in minors either, would make for a better experience for everyone.

Well excuse the ignorance of a Canadian parent with no Spanish speaking abilities (Cantina is closer to Canteen in English and French BTW, aka restaurant, not bar) who maybe expected that some place that is based on an iconic location, from a blockbuster, PG rated movie trilogy, that exists in a Disney Theme Park, would maybe be a bit kid friendly, especially at 11:30 AM? And if its not, perhaps the cast members could advise as such, since you can't see inside?

Anyway, for those coming to these boards looking to do the homework I didn't, I guess I suggest its really not all that appropriate for kids, and in fact I think that in addition to not serving droids they shouldn't allow in minors either, would make for a better experience for everyone.
The one is the movie is also a bar...

I agree to a point. Granted, the Cantina in A New Hope didn't have that much seating, but because they are not trying to recreate the Mos Eisly Cantina down to the very last detail, they had some freedom/room to make changes. It's Disney. They knew there would be parents with kids coming to this place, so making the tables too high for kids was a mistake, as was not having more seating.

My kids (7-10-13) LOVE the cantina! It has such a fun energy and was a great break for us when we went in March. We stood at the bar at the lower side and it was just fine for my youngest. I agree if it was the high top/bar height that would not be enjoyable with shorter kids.

My eldest had the Hyperdrive and my little the Jabba Juice - he loves popping boba. For food we all really enjoyed the Five Blossom Bread (teenager could have had 2 just for himself) and the Batuu Wild Bounty. I thought the food was a definite step up from the last time I was there in Oct 2021 - at that time it was the charcuterie or nuttin’.

I had the Tarkinian Night Flower and while it wasn’t my favourite the dehydrated hibiscus blossom that soaked up all the booze was like an adult gummy candy and I could have eaten a bowl of them.

As with most things, your expectations and attitude can certainly affect your experience. If you were expecting a table service restaurant this is not it.

I was not happy with my experience. Made a reservation two months in advance, two adults two kids. Showed up at our reservation time and was told it was a half hour wait (which would make it very tight for our Rise of the Resistance ILL time).
FWIW, if this happens (at any location) where something out of your control (VQ, LL) makes your dining reservation tight, talk to the CM at the stand. We had this happen in October 2021 when our VQ was called right when our Oga’s reservation was. They simply took down our name and had us go straight to the stand when we were done with Rise. Our last visit we had a lightsaber build that would make the reservation I snagged really tight, so they let us in 30 min early. Always talk to a CM.

I was not happy with my experience. Made a reservation two months in advance, two adults two kids. Showed up at our reservation time and was told it was a half hour wait (which would make it very tight for our Rise of the Resistance ILL time). When we got the call back, we were given standing room. My 9 year old was shorter than the table. Were not told we had to request a table at check in and wait even longer. We just walked out and didn't order.

Maybe my fault, I didn't do my homework...but it is a bar, that kinda looks like the Cantina in a New Hope, but not really. Nails the Star Wars theme, but not any more than Galaxy's Edge does a great job of. Ronto's looked more fun for families. I honestly think it should be an adults only thing.

I think part of the issue with the 30 minute wait to get in has to do with confusion between the standby line and reservation line. At least when I last went, the cast members do not make it clear where you are supposed to go.

I checked in on the app when my reservation time came, and quickly received the text saying our table is ready. I didn't know that if you have a reservation, you go to the front of the line, so i went to the cast member at the back of the line who was dealing with walkup guests. She sent me to the front of the line, where I said we got the text that our table is ready. The cast member said great, go check in at the back of the line. I told her we just talked to the person at the back and were told to come to the front. She said no, after you get the text you wait in the line. I then said we had a reservation, to which she was annoyed and said well why didn't you say so. But anyways, we were sat right away at that point.

I've never waited more than 5 minutes at Oga's with a reservation (compared to something like Blue Bayou where I've waited 20 min+ after receiving the "your table is ready" text), so I wouldn't be surprised if you somehow got mixed into the standby queue by mistake with that long of a wait. They need better training or signage on what to do there.

They often don’t let people just walk in and look around. It depends how busy it is and what CMs are there, honestly.

I think it’s worth going in for the pretzel bread thing. If you don’t like sweet drinks, I’d order the bread and ask for some water and then just head out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter