Tell me why or why not spirit airlines

Yep. Booked my southwest flights. Non-stop. Great time but about 50 dollars higher than I would have liked. Just could not being myself to do spirit. Too many unknowns and bad reports. At least with southwest 2 bag free check I'll have more room to bring home souvenirs!!!

As I have posted previously in other threads, Spirit cancelled my friend's flight home half an hour before we were to check out, with no alternates suggested, just, your flight is cancelled. She was understandably very upset but luckily I was able to get her a last minute ticket on Delta. If you decided to fly Spirit, do so at your own risk!

I had a spirit flight booked for a 2 week vacation last year, they cancelled with less than 24 hrs before the departure supposedly because of the weather forecast when all other major airlines were still scheduled to depart. They did nothing to help us find a new flight. NOTHING. We had to frantically check other airlines and were able to book Jet Blue for one day after our initial departure date. DO NOT BOOK SPIRIT. They’re horrible.

Are you that worried about Southwest? Do you have direct flights to MCO? If so you shouldn't have issues getting your flight when they come available in June. Even without a direct flight I doubt you have issues but thats your roll of the dice. Will prices go up that much between now and the end of the month on Spirit as an example if you wait?

They're fine...until they're not. I have flown them a few times with only issue was it took an hour to get my luggage. My husband had a flight this week to join us here at Disney and they ended up being 4 hours late (meaning he got to MCO about 2am and I had to go pick him up with kids in tow). When he spoke to them, the guy apparently told him "you're lucky we didnt just cancel it and have to wait until tomorrow night to try again". He also reported the guy rolled his eyes at him and laughed. We were offered a 100 credit after complaining, but probably will never use them again. Not worth losing days on our vacation.

I've heard stories of the seats being terribly uncomfortable. A friend's mom and aunt described it as sitting in a metal frame with no padding. They could barely handle a 2.5 hour flight it was so uncomfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter