• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me you funny story for 50's Prime Time Cafe

rwade428

Mouseketeer
This past April, my sister, niece and I were having dinner there and at the end of the meal our server sat down with us and started talking to my niece....it went something like this.

Server: You got any money??
Niece: My mom does.
Server: How old are you?
Niece: 18
S: Well, why is your mom paying for dinner?
N: I don't have any money.
S: do you have a job?
N: yes
S: you're 18 and have a job but your mom is paying for your dinner?
N: yes
S: get up, get up...help me clean this table off
So she got up and he had her carry our dishes back to the kitchen. She said he paraded her through the whole restaurant and people were laughing....then when they came back..she had a broom and a dustpan...
S: Okay, sweep up this area.

We were laughing hysterically and so was my niece...it was a hoot.

On our last visit - party of 10 - I had to stand in time out twice. First time was because of elbows on the table (had one warning, but the second time got nailed, and I know better...) I had to go stand in the door with my nose to the frame.

Second time - my sweet DD had her elbows on the table, and I pointed out to our cousin ... and I had to go to time out again for tattling.

Everybody just loved it.

Our last visit we had Topher who was so funny the whole time. Dh and I each had the Pot Roast. Dh ate all his and I didnt, so I thought I was so smart and I switched the plates so I wouldnt get in trouble for not eating all my carrots. Well Topher came by, looked at my plate and announced "Well ladies and gentlemen she was hungry. She ate all her food and there are even tongue marks on the plate. I thought it was funny, especially when he announced my long lost brother at the next table who had tongue marks on his plate too.
Then he tried to hook up their dd (7-9 yrs) with my 7 yr old nephew. We had a blast!

I must tell you, I have been to this restaurant twice and have never had any outstanding experiences there. A few comments are made, but the waitresses just don't seem to be into it. I'm going back in December with 6 others who have never been and I want it to be fun! Should we plan lunch, dinner? Can you request a specific waitress?

I think the servers get more into it when you go with a bigger group. Several years ago on a family trip, there were 13 of us for dinner and the server fed my father all of his peas by making airplane noises! It was hysterical, the whole restaurant was laughing. It was a great time and a terrific memory (I've NEVER seen my father eat peas!!)

The last time we went, my husband got lectured for forgetting to take his hat off and for having his elbows on the table.

When six of us were there in November, we had a great time with "Cousin Dave." My 3-year-old nephew was particularly taken with him and gave him a big hug before we left.

The real fun was what happened to a lady at the next table. She tattled on someone in her party, and "Mom" made HER go stand in the corner for being a snitch. She was quite shocked and everyone was laughing.

I had a couple of bites left on my plate when I asked for dessert---so of course--I was fed the remaining bites after a BIG announcement to the room--and then airplane noises. MAde for some great vacation pictures. Everyone was cracking up. Our waitress seemed to do a good job of "feeling out" who was up for the fun, and who wasn't.

On one of our visits to PTC, the server threw the napkins and menu on the table and said, "Grandmas been cooking in the kitchen all day...so ya better not send anything back"!
During our meal, I dropped my fork and asked for another! The server said I was rude and made me go into the kitchen to get my own fork!...and I did! She also made DH stand in the corner! When DB finished his plate, she held it high and shouted to everyone, "this is what all your plates should look like...without the tongue marks of course"!

Once a man at a nearby table went to the bathroom, and the server found out. When he returned the server asked the man if he washed his hands, of course the guy said yes -- and the server asked what the soap looked like. When the guy was wrong the server took him BY THE EAR and marched him back to the bathroom telling everyone that he did not wash his hands.

I also had to stand with my nose against the wall because I said that I could have my elbows on the table cause my plate had been cleared away -- they said no because my dd was still eating. I guess I lost the argument 'cause I was punished.

We had a great waiter on our last trip. The most memorable moment was when he was walking by, I politely said, "No rush, but could I have a refill of my coke? Again, no rush." I know he was busy and I didn't want to seem like a pain in the butt customer. I turned around and I heard this loud bang! Everyone in the room jumped, gasped, or screamed! I might have done all three! I turned back around and noticed the noise came from him dropping his tray on the floor and he said, "Well, let me drop everything just for you!" Of course, everyone starting laughing but I think I found 2 gray hair on my head that weren't there before, later that night!

My favorite was our last trip in May with DH, a friend and I.
Uncle Tim gave my Dh heck b/c my Dh claimed the soap at pizza planet, where DH had "borrowed" the mens room was red.
WE played up on that the whole meal.
Uncle Tim missed us passing our veggies around too since i hate green beans but Dh would eat them, and Jodi didn't want diced tomatoes so I took them. WE all had clean plates at the end but it took a bit of switching things lol.
Uncle Tim also managed to drop empty glass of pop on our table so we helped him clean it up.
At the end we asked to take his picture as we had done with all our servers and he wouldn't givein until I said "but Uncle Tim, how am I gonna show your sister your picture if I don't get it for Family album" He let me take it.

It was so much fun Jodi wants to vist PTC again on Oct trip.

We were just there the end of June and there were 7 in our party. We had Sue and she was great, fortunately nothing major happened to us but the whole meal was just a lot of fun.
We had to put our own silver wear out and made sure that it was done properly, when she took our order she called on of princess one precious, my son was skippy. I put my elbows on the table and got yelled at. She gave us homework to do and we really surprised her by knowing all the presidents whose last name only has one syllable. When we got them all right we had to name 6 state capitals that were named after the presidents, we were only able to get 5. My son cleaned his plate so she did make the remarks about the tongue marks.

I was there with a group once, eating a salad, and I dropped my fork and unfortunately cussed loud enough for our "cousin" to hear me (not a terrible cuss word, though). He made me stand in the corner until I apologized. Then he brought me a broom and dustpan and had me sweep up the bits of lettuce that hit the floor with the fork. My group loved this and took lots of photos.

Was there once with a friend and had a terribly boring waiter, so we played along with "Mom" at the next table who kept asking trivia questions like if we could name all the presidents with one-syllable names and all the Disney animated features with one-word titles (it was very difficult to come up with all of them; had to make a visit to the Hall of Presidents just to find out the answers to the president one).

Auntie Claire is an amazing server at the Prime Time! She will give you her albums full of pictures & letters that people have sent her from all over the world. She gets letters addressed to "Auntie Claire, Disney World, USA" and they find her!
She really makes a meal memorable!:crazy:

A few years ago there was a group of us (7 I think). My friend's husband had to wear a dunce cap (I can't remember why though).

One of my friends got the clean plate club sticker, and I told my other friend that I wanted one. So, she goes and tells the waitress how badly I wanted a sticker. The waitress made me stand up in the middle of the restaurant and made me sing "I'm a Little Tea Pot" (hand motions and all)!

When we went several years ago we had a great time. It started when we ordered beer and were told to call it apple juice so "Dad" wouldn't know we had been in the liquor cabinet. Then DH and DS got caught not knowing what color the soap in the bathroom was. The best was when we were finished our meal. DH had not eaten all his potatoes. He ordered a sundae for dessert. He received his potatoes back in a dish with whipped cream and a cherry. He thought he would outsmart "Mom" by pouring the sundae in his napkin. He got caught doing this and had to stand with his nose against the wall and everyone in the restaurant had to say "shame, shame, shame." I was laughing so hard I was crying and I couldn't speak. The kids thought it was great.

"Cousin Tim" was Great!!!! DS (11) at the time was putting his elbows on the table so Cousin Tim came over with a bottle of ketchup and put a line of ketchup across the table where DS's elbows would have been and said "There, now put your elbows on the table!!"

DS again would not eat his pickles and Cousin Tim tried to feed him with a choo-choo whistle but it didn't work so Cousin went and got a girl (probably about 16) from another table, sat her down next to DS and had her tell DS that girls like boys that eat their pickles. DS has never been so embarassed.

We had so much fun that we are going in November as a group of 8!! My parents and aunt and uncle have never been there! I hope that we have as much fun as we had previously!!

When we went three years ago my brother really didn't get tht the waiters were acting and got really angry when they started ordering him around. Next time I go with my family my brother is making sure we donn't go back there. *whimper*

This happened to my step dad. He didn't finish all his vegetables and hid them under my moms lettuce.

Well the server caught him and grabbed him by the ear, which is a sight in its own right as she was barely 5 foot tall and he is 6 foot 5 and put him in the corner and had the whole restaurant say BAD BAD BILLY BOY.

We are headed on our November trip with 3 WDW first timers....my parents and my aunt. I'm really thinking this will be fun but if they pick on my four year old she'll probably have a panic attack. Should I be concerned about them picking on a little one? She totally wouldn't get it and would probably have a meltdown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter