• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me you funny story for 50's Prime Time Cafe

Our server mainly picked on the bigger kids and adults. Though he did tell my 7 yrold nephew he found a girlfriend for him at the next table. I have a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old and he didnt pick on them at all.

My four year old is having a VERY late terrible two's LOL and she doesn't take kindly to strangers. She'd probably just cry, poor thing-I'm hoping in another 4 months she'll be over it!

Auntie Clare is the best! We go back every year to visit our favorite Aunt. AND...we are in one of her photo albums! Adults watch out...she will make you wear a bib :rotfl:

I have three funny stories about this place.

I ate there with a visually disabled friend who uses a service dog. My friend ordered whatever the entree was, and it came with zuchini and tomatoes. He doesn't care for those, at all. So he slyly fed them to the dog, who is a table scrap hound. Well, needless to say he got caught redhanded. He was sent to the corner while the dog was brought some sliced turkey from the kitchen LOL!

Another time I ate there with my husband. I can't recall exactly what was going on, but the server determined DH was being "mean" to me. He was made to get down on one knee and sing "I Love You Truly" to me. One problem, other than the first line or so, he has no idea of the words.

One other time we went there and as we were being led to our seats, my son went staight to the corner. The server asked him what he was doing, and DS replied "Well, you're gonna end up sending me there anyhow, so I thought I'd save you the hassle". The server was speachless--absolutely hysterical!

Anne

The first time we went there, my son, 5 (at the time) hated it because he didn't realize the servers were kidding around. He actually started to get mad when the waiter told him to get his elbows off the table. For the next year, he refused to go there, calling it "the mean restaurant." Last year, he finally got it.

Then, we were there last August for a magical trip with my youngest daughter (3, at the time) having just recovered from open-heart surgery in June. When we told "Cousin Dave" why we were in WDW and what we were celebrating (her perfect health), he took my daughter around the room to meet her new "cousins", gave her a big kiss and sang to her as though it was her birthday.

For the whole week (one of the most magical ever), she must have collected about 30 autographs in her little book but the one she is still most proud of is "Cousin Dave". And, of course Cinderella (but that's a whole different "magical" story).

I agree that this resturant is more fun (sometimes) with a larger group, but when DH and I were on our honeymoon we had a blast!
Of course Uncle Tim pegged us as honeymooners right away and when our dinner was done Uncle Tim came out with a cupcake and a candle in it.
He got the attention of the whole room, asked if anyone had been invited to our reception. Everyone yelled NO and he proceeded to break the cupcake in half and made us feed it to each other since everyone missed it at our reception.
It was a HOOT! The nice table next to us took pictures and it's one of our favorite honeymoon memories! :teeth:

Our last visit my Dh had very long (and might I add gorgeous) hair. (it's gone now.....)

But no fewer than 3 "cousins and aunts" demanded to know what he had done with the 5 dollars he'd been given for a haircut!

Barbara

Originally posted by TDC Nala
I was there with a group once, eating a salad, and I dropped my fork and unfortunately cussed loud enough for our "cousin" to hear me (not a terrible cuss word, though). He made me stand in the corner until I apologized. Then he brought me a broom and dustpan and had me sweep up the bits of lettuce that hit the floor with the fork. My group loved this and took lots of photos.

Heheheh. I was hoping you'd 'fess up. I heard you cuss clear across the room. :p I like how some of the people in our group swarmed with cameras, like paparazzi surrounding a celebrity.

There was a server that reminded me a lot of Jerry Lewis, but I forgot his name. He's a terrific server, gets really into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter