• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me your little (or big) things we shouldn't miss or forget to do

How does one 'argue with a fountain'? Or is this something you need to actually be at the fountain to understand?

The Fountain talks to you.........it has a whole back story of how it came to be a fountain.......

There are several voices of the fountain over different days. One in particular is fantastic. He is sarcastic when for example one very sweaty man started washing his neck with the water in the fountain.........he was so funny to the guy who had no clue the fountain was about to switch on fully and drench him.......guy wasn't happy but The voice of the fountain said he thought he wanted a shower since he had already started washing.......lol......bet he never did that again!

There is a camera watching you, not in the fountain itself, so it can see everything you say and do and interact with you that you. I haven't seen many argue as such, but the conversations it can have are very funny........including sound effects and water shows. The voice adapts to every age group and adjusts the humour appropriately.

I spend ages every year just sitting behind it where I`ve found one kinda comfy rock to sit on........if there is such a thing!!

The Fountain talks to you.........it has a whole back story of how it came to be a fountain.......

There are several voices of the fountain over different days. One in particular is fantastic. He is sarcastic when for example one very sweaty man started washing his neck with the water in the fountain.........he was so funny to the guy who had no clue the fountain was about to switch on fully and drench him.......guy wasn't happy but The voice of the fountain said he thought he wanted a shower since he had already started washing.......lol......bet he never did that again!

There is a camera watching you, not in the fountain itself, so it can see everything you say and do and interact with you that you. I haven't seen many argue as such, but the conversations it can have are very funny........including sound effects and water shows. The voice adapts to every age group and adjusts the humour appropriately.

I spend ages every year just sitting behind it where I`ve found one kinda comfy rock to sit on........if there is such a thing!!

I am going to have to try that! :)

There's a lot of good stuff said here already.

Ride Hogwarts Express both ways, because each direction is a different show.

The happy hour menu in Emeril's City Walk offers several gourmet appetizers and drink specials. 2 people can split 3 app plates for the price (or maybe less than) the cost of 1 meal off the regular menu. Note: I believe you have to order and eat in the bar area. It's been a couple of years since we've done this, but I assume it still is the same.

Try the risotto of the day at Mythos.

If heading straight to Hogsmead in IoA, use the shortcut path through Dr. Seuss Land near the water to save some time and steps.

Sals Market Deli at Portofino Bay has good pizza for a good price.

Don't like your hotel pool scene? Then just hop the water taxi to another on-site resort pool.

If you are celebrating a birthday or anniversary, then get a button from guest services. You'll receive well wishes all day and maybe more.

If you get an interactive wand, open the included map in Diagon Alley.

If attending HHN, stay in the parks during closing time. You can go to a holding area (we prefer Springfield or Finegans) and sit and get your pre-game drank on. You also get a head start on the houses before the people outside waiting at the gates get in. Bonus HHN tip: Don't let the scare actors know you are scaredy or they will focus on you.

My final tip: Relax and take it all at your own pace, because you can.

Great thread!

This will be our first visit to Universal Orlando (did the Hollywood one only) and I'm glad to read there are hidden gems :)

Seuss Landing was built with no straight lines to match the art style in the books. Even the palm trees are crooked. There are also nods all over the land to Dr. Seuss's "lesser" works. For example, the entire land is built around Zax Bypass there a north bound Zax and a south bound Zax still land and refused to move.

We love Toon Lagoon in IoA. You can take a lot of funny pictures under the speech and thought bubbles, like in comics...pose "walking" Marmaduke...and follow Billy's trail (Family Circus).

Don't forget your on Vacation at one of the premiere amusement parks ( Resorts) in the world, no need to rush, relax and enjoy your trip !! See ya pool side !

Not hidden but Diagon Alley in the last hour or 2 the park is open. Quiet and magical.

I'm arriving August 23 for our first time and I'm really enjoying all these great ideas. I'm actually writing them all down in my notebook. I'm feeling so excited and very overwhelmed. I've got 7 days so I'm going to go with the flow! Thanks everyone! Keep them coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter