Temperature in your house

Mine is an old house and doesn't heat and cool evenly. Summer, upstairs gets about 5 degrees hotter than downstairs so during the day, when I am downstairs, I set it at 74-75 and then at night, when sleeping upstairs, I set it between 70-72.

78-79 is our summer temp. A bit warm if you are moving around, but saves money over anything lower.

78. It's so expensive in the summer to make it lower so I just deal. We keep the ceiling fans on which help. 71/72 in the "winter"

I leave the windows open for most of spring, summer, and fall. We only use the a/c sporadically for the warmest/most humid days; probably 3 weeks this year. It's set for 77 daytime/ 72 night.

We don't use the AC that much during the day. I like to have windows open and a breeze. AC air just feels wrong to me. If it gets over about 85 in the house we will put it on to get the temp down to 80.

At night we set the AC to 76 on hot nights. Most nights we don't use it and just have the windows open.

I actually hate AC. I would never use it if I were the only one in the house.

My motto is I work hard so my house will be very cool. When we are not at home 78-79. Otherwise 70-73. In the winter I love when it is cold so we have the heat off as much as we can.

This summer the house was kept at 74/ This winter the house will be kept at 64. If oil was $4 per gallon the house will be 62, Sweaters will be provided.

I'm based in northern England at the moment, so 65 is a warm day for me. If I'm visiting somewhere hot, that's what I'll set the air conditioning to.

At night 65, during the day, around 69-70 in the summer.
During winter, at night we turn the furnance down to 60 at nite and around 70 during the day.
We used to live in a really old draft house and my electric bill ran around $400 in the summer.
We now have a new home-our electric bill was never over $70.
My husband is freezing.
Menopause anyone?

Air is set at 71 no matter if we are home or not. No one is home during the day so I did play around with raising the temp a few degrees and have the AC kick in right before we got home but I didn't see any cost savings in doing that.

We live in Northwest Florida. Summer a/c is set at 77 most of the time. If we have company, we bump it down to 72-74 to keep air moving. We use a ceiling fan in our bedroom at night and my husband always has a fan blowing on him at night, summer or winter.

Winter heat is set at 70-72. I hate being cold.

69 year round (with central air), two story house. My house is new construction so our furnace and central air are those energy efficient kind. Our builder actually told us NOT to use the thermostat's programming functions to change the temps during the day because it uses more power and effort to fluctuate the temperature based on the programming. So that's a secondary reason we keep the temp the same year round.

DW controls the thermostat. 30+ years ago she kept it at 82....and raised it to 85 or so in the winter when she got in the shower.

We heated with a fireplace insert for a number of years....and our house is U shaped, with the fireplace at one end in the family room. and the master bedroom at the other end. To get it to 82 in the master bedroom it would get to 100 in the family room. Needless to say, we never had an issue with moisture on the inside of the windows, mold or mildew!

Now she keeps it at 72 year round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter